Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    They aren't making Vanilla because they feel they need a do over. People don't want it because they hope we go somewhere else from Naxx. It's because they game is no longer available, and like NES and SNES classics, people just want to go and play the game again as it was. That is the entire purpose of the classic servers. If you want anything else, then as all the fucking casuals have said to Vanilla and TBC fans over the years as the game changed, this game is not for you.
    Good to hear you know your opinion is the correct one.

Another very similar reply from the other camp would be:

"They aren't making Vanilla because they feel they need a do over. People don't want it because they hope we go somewhere else from Naxx. It's because they game is no longer available, and like NES and SNES classics, people just want to go and play the game again. However, Blizzard and the rest of the gaming world has evolved and in order to be of true Blizzard 2017 quality some things need to be updated and polished in order to be release-able by Blizzard in ~2018."

Stop acting like your opinion is the "correct" one and talking down on everyone who doesn't agree with you. It's called an opinion for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The only reason Classic is happening at all is because they've chosen to listen to the community, after years of being convinced that this wasn't a good idea.

The people who demanded legacy servers got extremely mad when they were told they didn't know what they wanted ("you think you do, but you don't"), but the very minute legacy servers got announced, and Blizzard stated that they would need a shit-ton of feedback to create a version of vanilla that would please most of them, they turned around and started fighting each other, proving that, as a group, they didn't know what they wanted in the first place.

If them asking how do you want Classic to work translates as "they're not going to do what I want" or "the trolls (aka people with a different opinion) are going to ruin it", then you just proved that you weren't worth their time.

Fight for what you asked for, bring good arguments to the discussion and prove that what you ask for is logical and feasible. You cried until they got their attention, now it's your time to make your demands, not look at the floor at wait for good things to happen on their own.

Don't be that guy that asks for them to "bring back the fun" and just complains about everything without suggesting alternatives.

Don't dismiss other people's ideas without stating why you think they're wrong. And don't assume that your point of view is that of the majority or the one that would please the majority despite them not knowing better, you're not that much smarter than the person above or below you.

I'm not interested on Classic servers, but I wouldn't like people being this useless to the discussion if something I wanted was to be added to the game and their feedback was key to its implementation.
    All that writing to say nothing and to miss the entire point. Fuck that's an impressive level of stupidity.

All that writing to say nothing and to miss the entire point. Fuck that's an impressive level of stupidity.
    I did say something, perhaps you missed they point.

They don't believe Vanilla was better. They don't believe these servers will be succesful. They are willing to give it a go, despite not thinking it's a good idea, because, hey, these people have been asking for it for years, maybe they have a point.

So you saying they should know how to make what you (and somehow most people) want without asking doesn't help in any way your cause.

If they knew, they would have already done it. That's why they're asking, how do you want your Vanilla WoW, because yes, there are many, many things to decide.

You have an incredibly bad tone, adding in personal insults, and you're presenting your own opinion as fact.

If anything you just missed the point of everything he just wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    Stop acting like your opinion is the "correct" one and talking down on everyone who doesn't agree with you. It's called an opinion for a reason.
    Don't argue at the level of a child, as if only a select few understand the difference between opinion and fact.

If all of the changes QoL, graphics, class balance, were added to the game, it would without question be a better game. But, that is not the point of making a game and immortalizing it in "Video Game History" like you have with other games. Vanilla is gone, destroyed, no one can ever play it again through legitimate means. This is basically taking Ocarina of Time and letting people play it again, not supping it up and adding loot boxes and enhanced graphics and a season pass to the game. And anyone trying to change what it was before is doing exactly that. Standards have changed in gaming, yes. That's what live/retail is for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I did say something, perhaps you missed they point.

They don't believe Vanilla was better. They don't believe these servers will be succesful. They are willing to give it a go, despite not thinking it's a good idea, because, hey, these people have been asking for it for years, maybe they have a point.

So you saying they should know how to make what you (and somehow most people) want without asking doesn't help in any way your cause.

If they knew, they would have already done it. That's why they're asking, how do you want your Vanilla WoW, because yes, there are many, many things to decide.
    Lets be clear. They aren't making this game out of kindness. Someone ran the numbers, saw the profits they are losing on private realms, saw how much they would make on Classic servers, and gave it a go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Some people are way to invested into the purity of Vanilla. It's reaching cult levels of absurdity, as if classic didn't have class balancing going on during it's duration.
    I agree on the class balancing. They changed and fixed it for a reason, so why start out with something you know should be changed and will be. But once we start going down that road it's easy to add all of these other ideas of gear changes, this and that.

Lets be clear. They aren't making this game out of kindness. Someone ran the numbers, saw the profits they are losing on private realms, saw how much they would make on Classic servers, and gave it a go.
    As if a fraction of the people who play on private servers would pay a subscription for mostly the same experience.

They are trying to recapture a lot of the players that left throughout the years, but everyone knows the end-goal of these servers is for a cheap maintenance that a few thousands of players can pay for, they're not Blizzard's next big release.
    They're also investing in PR ("Blizzard listens to their community") and killing a complaint that people who have never touched WoW use against it ("Vanilla was better anyway").

The thing is, there isn't a huge profit here, which is why they haven't done it before. So yes, part of the reason they're doing this at all is just to please people whose opinion, until now, was considered worthless feedback.

Now that they literally beg for that feedback, sides appear, and battles are fought, with everyone trying to discredit every opinion that isn't their own. Isn't that a mature community that knows what they want...

Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    Why on God's green earth would some one want it? You want progression with billion stuff to do? Don't we have retail for that?
    Can you realy not imagine an alternative evolution of content and game direction than the one out of a billion possibilities that 'modern' retail took?

Quote Originally Posted by Firost View Post
    lets hope they listen the correct community
    Golden question, which community is the correct one?

And after listening to all the loud, conflicting opinions for a while, I hope they realize that untweaked Classic is the way to satisfy the most people.

I hope the only feedback they act on, is feedback on getting its design as close to original Classic as possible.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Golden question, which community is the correct one?
    The correct one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    in order to be of true Blizzard 2017 quality some things need to be updated and polished in order to be release-able by Blizzard in ~2018
    I get scared when I hear that. Last time I heard this it was Blizzard saying that they will give us player housing, but will do it the Blizzard Quality Way™ instead of just giving us an instanced room in a city—and that's how garrisons were created.

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Knight View Post
    The correct one.
    I'm not sure Blizzard does circular reasoning when designing their games. They'll probably go towards the community they think can net them the most $.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I'd say, any post that starts with that bold claim can be dismissed right here. As if the community ever spoke with one voice..or two or three? it speaks in hundreds, as you can see now that Classic servers are announced and suddenly people don't want them juuussst as Classic. Bloody hell, somebody even asked for the implementation of LFG....
    I went into more detail after that, they've now chosen to listen to the part of the community that demands legacy servers. That's something that they didn't do before. Obviously they had their talks about how would such a thing even be done, internally, but officially, they weren't interested on them.

Them asking for people to voice what they want and how they want it puts the spotlight on the people that randomly yelled legacy servers. And demads some thought from them. A lot of people can't express what they want out of Classic in a constructive way, and that doesn't help anyone.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2017-11-08 at 03:17 PM.

It's been 5 days since they announced it, chill out bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    I get scared when I hear that. Last time I heard this it was Blizzard saying that they will give us player housing, but will do it the Blizzard Quality Way™ instead of just giving us an instanced room in a city—and that's how garrisons were created.
    Right? Or when they said adding a fourth act in Diablo 3 would be the lazy way of doing it, and they wanted to make the end game one of Blizzard quality...

Deleted
    everyone knew the game will run on current engine and won't have 2 separate game clients. that would be a nightmare for blizzard and players. i'm not sure what they mean with QoL changes as 5 man UBRS is definitely not a QoL change. i would argue even dual spec is not QoL.

this is why i wish they would release TBC or WotLK instead because those expansions wouldn't require much changes like vanilla does.

but this is blizzard after all. everything they touch and try to remake turns to shit which they have proven time and time again
    Last edited by mmoc8ac7fab871; 2017-11-08 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    It's been 5 days since they announced it, chill out bro.
    Just ignore the OP, seeing people complain about other people, threads is more old and repetitive.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    bitch plz class balance isn't QOL. better interface, flying paths, QH are QOL changes. they make your gameplay easier and more comfortable. class balance is an essential part of the game. dont confuse them.

You're just proving his/her point: people demanding vanilla are just toxic individualists looking to start fights in forums.

Safest thing to do is to start off by doing as little as possible. If there are just too few players playing for Blizzard to keep going because too many left because of lack of imbalance and QoL changes, then they can start considering changes. It's harder to do too many or too big changes and then roll back, than it is to start small and then increase the amount of changes. Players will also need some time to get used to things, so don't start doing changes too early.