AK Level and Cap?

Whats the current artifact research level (11.7.2017)? What's the cap? I havent played WoW in a month or so and I wanna come back once the cap is reached.

Currently: 51
    Max: 55

Wait for 8.0 and you'll win because you won't need AP at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post

That's right, go back to hibernation and play in fall 2018.

nah i still wanna see the new raid and maybe lvl a new character with that scaling stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    nah i still wanna see the new raid and maybe lvl a new character with that scaling stuff.
    So what does AP have to do with anything? AK is completely irrelevant for leveling and you can "see the new raid" just fine without worrying about AP, as you are clearly not going to do mythic. You can do a couple of WQ's today and have all the AP you need, so the date that AK caps really doesn't matter for you.

The relevant info for what you want to do:

Antorus (the new raid) releases normal & heroic on 11/28. LFR opens wing by wing after that so it will be a while before it's fully open.

7.3.5 (the scaling zone changes, etc) does not have a date yet. I would be surprised if it is before late January and I would expect later.

I might do mythic, havent decided yet.

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    I might do mythic, havent decided yet.
    I know we could really use someone for our mythic raid group who wants to wait until such time they can put the absolutely least amount of effort. Can't have enough of those kinds of people for progression. So please hit me up if you decide you are going to do mythic Antorus.

I know we could really use someone for our mythic raid group who wants to wait until such time they can put the absolutely least amount of effort. Can't have enough of those kinds of people for progression. So please hit me up if you decide you are going to do mythic Antorus.
    maybe he's a rogue/mage/hunter?

and it's antorus the soaking throne?

time to bench those without an immunity! bring in any slackers with one yay good design!

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I just leveled a new toon to 110 and did the intro quest to Argus and got to 60 artifact traits. If I did Suramar as well as the LFRs, I'd probably get to around 68 or 69 just from that. It will be even better at max AK.

Who in their right mind "progresses" mythic, better jump when content is on farm and guilds are recruiting for BFA, tarry along for a few weeks, grab a free mount since all the "raiders" already have one and then vanish without a bye. Had tons of these "tourists" in my guild in HFC. And they say LFR is the "tourist" mode, little do they know...

You will need Azerite instead

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    You will need Azerite instead
    Blizzard said they didn't like the current AP grind for trillions of power and that they are not doing that again.

You'll need Azerite but it's not supposed to be as ridiculous.