Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

[SPECULATIONS] Zandalari Civilization and the Horde Allied Race

With the new expansion World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth and all the hype building up prior to the unveiling of it, several speculation threads existed here within the MMO-C forums. Ofcource, the Troll Island and capital of Zandalar are part of the brewing speculation. Finally it has been unveiled that it will be part of the upcoming expansion as one of the major zones with 3 sub-zone to level up with and we will experience the backstory of the oldest sentient race of Azeroth through the Horde faction as a unique way of questing and plot immersion.

I'd like to start and brew a mojo concoction about their storyline, upcoming possible plot and speculation once BfA start the Alpha/Beta Testing and before our sneaky dataminers be able to post some juicy contents.

Blizzcon announcement of Allied Race Zandalari Trolls

Zandalari prospect gaining new model in patch 5.2

- Helya's Pact with Sylvanas
    > Helya and Sylvanas made a bargain and oh boy the Zandalar race indeed reminds me of her. Could the Troll race be a the creation of Helya as oppose to Mimiron's Azerothian copy of the gnomes and Dwarves from Earthen? If you notice their skin tone and their eye color it resembles her! Their skin color and physique resembles an Earthen or have the prehistoric and primitive look much like patches on the leathery skin of a dinosaur.

- Vol'jin's farsight and Sylvanas's election as War Chief
    > With Vol'jin death it pretty much give away that he might have a clue with what happen between Sylvanas and Helya. He might also have a glimpse of the future about the Horde with the leadership of Sylvanas in asking for the additional might of the Zandalari Trolls. Rhokhan will definitely stand up in the following storyline as he is the great candidate in seeking passage with the Zandalari Trolls.

- Unification of the Troll Empire
    > Could the rise of the unified troll empire finally be realized? The trolls of Zul'aman, Zul'farak, Zul'drak could possibly be visited as to seek their aid when the thicker plot which is against the Nagas and Old Gods be released in future patches.

-Uldir
    > Like I've mention in my 1st surmise, the Troll Civilization have their own Titan related sanctum and Bran would be in charge of seeking out the lore behind it with possible interaction with new Zandalari NPC's.

- Trolls and Nagas
    the Blood Trolls have a skin similar to one of the Nagas! This brings back a good plot where the Horde Quest of reliving the story where Vol'jin tries to escape a sea witch and find their new home in Durotar.

What do you guys think? What are your own speculations for the Zandalar and the Zandalari race?
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-11-08 at 07:35 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...Why do you want to connect Zandalari Trolls with Helya? Aside from the color code, I can't see this connection.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    ...Why do you want to connect Zandalari Trolls with Helya? Aside from the color code, I can't see this connection.
    Especially when we know that trolls pre-date the Titans and their minions, like Helya. Very weird theory.

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    Especially when we know that trolls pre-date the Titans and their minions, like Helya. Very weird theory.
    This has been retconned if I'm not mistaken.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Helya: background and general backstory
    If you remember correctly Helya is one of the Titan's Keeper and help in shaping up Azeroth and the races of her's. Trolls are the origin of all Elven races thus pre-dating the Suramar Nightborne, Quel'thalas Bloodelves, Kalimdor Night Elves and the upcoming Void Elves. With Legion,we have tackled the origins and lineage of both Night Elves and Bloodelves as well as High Elves upon meeting up the Suramar Nightborne. She was responsible for the creation of the Elemental Planes now the united elementals under the leadership of the new Farseer.

The only oldest Elemental Lords that haven't been replaced yet are both the elements of Water and Earth: Neptulon and Terrazane and both for sure will have a strong NPC presence as we dive deeper into BfA's storyline being introduced patch after patch. BfA is themed about the waters and the earth or Azeroth as the planet, so to speak.

Helya, Helheim, Vrykul, and Kul'tiras/Kultirans

Helya also has a strong affinity with Vrykuls as well as control over the seas and Kul'tiras is strongly associated with it. I have a strong haunch that the stated Durst are the missing link or has some answers in finally making the link stronger between Vrykuls and Humans aside from the backstory in WotLK.

So far we haven't yet encountered Helheim which is suppose to be a zone or a raid/dungeon but got scrapped and replaced with Maw. We will soon uncover the secret pact made by Sylvanas and Helya.

"Other kvaldir came into being when one vrykul tribe particularly struggled against a terrible malaise that ravaged its people. Combating this affliction, named the curse of flesh, all but consumed the tribe. After exhausting all natural attempts, the tribe sought the aid of its priestesses. These women plumbed the world of spirits for answers, but they found only Helya lying in wait. Their ritual went horribly wrong, as Helya further corrupted those that sought freedom from their curse. These eternally vengeful beings would later join the kvaldir.[12] "

"The theft triggered the reappearance of the Kvaldir along the coasts of Northrend, including those located in Borean Tundra. But the Kvaldir didn't start their vengeance with the tuskarr - they started with the naga, and the sheer scope of their planned revenge for the stolen goods was far larger than anyone could've imagined. A naga priestess in Riplash named Veehja tells that five hundred years ago Queen Azshara imprisoned a being named Leviroth in the waters below. Now the Kvaldir seek to undo our queen's work by sacrificing naga and later on tuskarr. The Kvaldir were trying to free the kraken and presumably use it on the naga of Riplash, or on the tuskarr of the coast, or possibly on any living things that happen to be standing in the way."

Kvaldir like share similarities with the Undead or Forsaken.

as quoted from Kvaldir entry in Wowpedia.

Helya, Zandalari's Bwomsamdi
    Helya is the Keeper of the underworld and death and her counterpart with troll Loa would be Bwomsamdi.

Like I've said above before Voljin's demise he know or he had a glimpse of what will happen in the future something similar to shamanic gift of Foresight like Kilrogg. He even said prior to his last breathe he saw it and pronounced Sylvanas to be the new Horde Warchieft and she should step out of the shadows. This means he has some ability of backtrack towards the future where you have a glimpse from the past of future events as it slowly nearing and unfolding to it's present state and moving back towards the past as it happens and be part of history.

Troll Wars and the Aqir
    Troll are the ancient race against ONE OF THE OLD GOD's creation the Aqir when they themselves have internal struggle and I'm fully aware where the storyline of BfA will be heading as we unravel the maritime theme of war and assitance of naval races of Azeroth, both have stories of the past yet to be unveiled.

"The Aqir and Troll War[1] was a major conflict which occurred on Old Kalimdor, and was fought between a resurgent Azj'Aqir Empire and the newly-formed Empire of Zul, a coalition of the most powerful troll tribes. The war began around 16,000 years before the Dark Portal and saw the two races fight viciously for dominance of the continent.[2]

Having been seriously injured long ago in an encounter with the keeper Tyr, the C'Thrax known as Kith'ix went into a deep hibernation at the base of the Zandalar mountain range. Millennia later, his body was discovered by curious trolls who promptly conducted rituals and living sacrifices to reawaken what they believed was a loa. Awakening at these events and promptly slaying the trolls, Kith'ix made contact with the dormant aqir, who had remained hidden underground since the fall of the Black Empire. He ordered them to begin to build up their numbers, and they created a vast subterranean empire called Azj'Aqir. Finally prepared, the C'Thrax drove the aqir into a frenzy and urged them to lay waste to the bustling troll civilisations, with the goal of pleasing the Old Gods and to begin cleansing the world for their eventual return. The aqir swarmed the troll lands and began systematically destroying the majority of smaller tribes."

Again, back in mist The Mantid warned us that they will fight back again with us when the call was sounded as they unite under the beckon of an old god.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-11-16 at 01:46 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that the Zandalar cinematics hit live, I guess the turn out of events is going in favor of my forecast, what are your thoughts MMO-C community?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    That my fellow forumer is still in need of heavy research and debate. We have no reference or record to base your presumption if the Trolls were already flourishing yet even starting to grow in numbers when the keepers became to be.