Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The question is not so much "how much bigger the playerbase will be", it's more "for how long?"

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    I honestly don't think classic will bring in many 'new' players. New as in never having played WoW before.
    Well, TBH, even if Classics only appeal to previous WoW players, it's still a 100 millions large crowd, so there is potential
    (yes guys, total number of people who ever played WoW is massively higher than concurrent amount of players)

But I don't think it'll will outnumber current WoW beside maybe a short-lived spike. Curiosity will bring a MASSIVE amount of people, including a lot from current, but curiosity is short-lived. Those who will stick because they actually like the design will be more numerous than the haters try to convince themselves it will, but certainly nothing to compare with a more modern and more tailored for the masses game as current WoW.

I think it MIGHT be big enough to influence Blizzard for its future expansions, though. I can see some slight adjustments (like harder leveling), though nothing capital.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsix View Post
    - returning old players
    - players from main wow
    - new players who never tried wow because they couldnt get a 'clean start'
    - new players in general
    I think people forget how slow, clunky, and grindy classic was. Yeah, there's going to be a huge, HUGE surge...followed by mass abandonment. the only people who will stick with it are the Vanilla Puritans and people looking for some nostalgia.

Deleted
    Do the math, in 2010 there were 12 million subs, now max is 4, that is 8 million players that are not playing, so he is right.
    Pulling numbers out of your ass, goodjob. You deserve a medal, joined this month and already posted 34 things? Interesting, looks like you're just here to chat shit and be a sperg. Props to you!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Where are you getting the "now" numbers ??

In 2015 there were 10 mil subs...
    lol 10 mil was at 2010, now it's 2-4 max

The one saving grace for me, if I ever play Classic... no achievements [hopefully] (I'm an achievement whore) !

Deleted

Nice to see the last part of that graph is photoshopped, props to you. Goodjob sperg.
    The last dot that hasnt been edited is at the 7.5m mark aswell, plus internet graphs are totally accurate when sub numbers arent disclosed.

Where'd you get the "unbiased" graph?

Deleted
    Look at WoD...

Also I can do it too... I have friend in blizzard that gives me info:

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    Why would I be triggered your the one peacocking online. Your here with an agenda and the battle over legacy servers already took place over the past 3 years. You lost, a literal loser. Now you dwell the MMOC forums pretending your getting some sort of vengeance by spamming the forum with nonsense. Im basking in victory. Your nothing more then our local jester. Lame and weak.
    I didn't lose shit, and we (notice the WE here) don't know yet what the Classic server will be like. It tells volumes that you and your ilk have such delusions about "losers" and "winners" though, still sticking to the "us vs them"-crap and spreading your toxicity at every chance.

It's downright pathetic, is what it is. I wish we could place an ignore on sub-forums.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-08 at 11:31 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh god will people stop saying things like "Classic will bring it back to 10 million players!!!!". It will not happen, it just wont. Never mind that the highest sub count was during Wrath, it simply wont bring in the people like it did in 04/05, it just wont. The reason WoW was a smash hit MMO was a perfect storm of events, it was the first really accessible MMO (something a lot of people here forget) that caught the public's imagination at the time when more and more people were getting online.

Now I'm happy you're getting classic, but don't think its going to rival Current WoW at all. It might get a few hundred thousand, but not millions.

Revenue and time spent in-game has been growing by every quarter.

2-4 million is lower than the final reported number from WoD, which is just plain retarded when looking at what Legion has been, its critical reception and the revenue streams etc etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    Oh god will people stop saying things like "Classic will bring it back to 10 million players!!!!". It will not happen, it just wont. Never mind that the highest sub count was during Wrath, it simply wont bring in the people like it did in 04/05, it just wont. The reason WoW was a smash hit MMO was a perfect storm of events, it was the first really accessible MMO (something a lot of people here forget) that caught the public's imagination at the time when more and more people were getting online.

Now I'm happy you're getting classic, but don't think its going to rival Current WoW at all. It might get a few hundred thousand, but not millions.
    While i agree with you, I think it'll be a nice side by side, if you're not into hardcore grinding, thus limiting the amount of weekly stuff you can do on live servers during BFA, playing vanilla could be a nice side venture to do, so could have a fair few players from that (: But mostly agree with what you said!

Deleted
    I'm sure classic will bring in a lot of old wow players and those who want to try it for the first time, but thinking that number is gonna be even close to retail is so far away from logic, it's basically delusional.
    Especially after most people try out classic and only the players that really like it remain.

- returning old players
    - players from main wow
    - new players in general
    For a week.

Then most "logical" people will spend their time in better ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    The funny part is a lot of the quote"anti'legacy" people mentioned they might try legacy servers. But any sort of question about how legacy might work means you hate legacy, and you lost something. I have never seen a group of people completely abandon reality with regard to wow like many of the legacy folks here.
    Indeed. It's a bit scary, and going by how they keep it up it seems believing that this crap would subside with official servers was too generous.
    Having seen with my own eyes what /trade on a Private server looked like, I shouldn't be surprised though...

Quote Originally Posted by Alienshroom View Post
    1.) They dont take any features for granted lmao. They are not even playing the game...

2.) Cept you know, all the Youtubers/community leaders who are pumped. Keep dreaming

3.) No new players, just a couple million old returning veterans who have already played so there is no entry barrier.

Talk about delusional. Your the only one in for a reality check.
    Bookmark this thread and come back 6 months after WoW Classic release so we can laugh about your ridiculousness together.

15+ Year Old Account
    The atmosphere becomes so strange that every veteran must claim that vanilla is the best and the current WoW sucks. How could this political correctness form? I started to play WoW since 2006 and keep enjoying all expansions, but it does not mean I would hate vanilla because of enjoying Legion or BfA in the future.

- returning old players
    - players from main wow
    - new players in general
    Old players won't come back for these.
    Players from the current game won't play these.
    New players would not want to touch these with how horrible the game was compared to today.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I'm pretty confident that retention will not be great for new players on classic. People will begin to miss modern conveniences.

I think classic will be successful, but the idea that it will surpass retail kind of boggles my mind.
    I think itll go both ways. There will be things people miss about Vanilla that aren't in modern. I understand the "cookie cutter" argument about talent trees, but they felt way better during leveling than the current iteration. They got rid of the talent trees for Diablo 3, and I think that hurt them too.

It'll certainly be interesting to see what happens though.