Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Would love to see blizz modify the existing world rather than add new continents. Change naxx to a 5 man dungeon while changing some 5 man dungeons to raids. 12 months later, do the same jumble again.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2017-11-10 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post

They all will stack at Gothik and then on Four Horsemen. Because gear.
    Sure, the farm will be a pain in the ass but the participation rates will be much better, not counting all the people who just quit at 60 lol.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

New high end content after Naxx is TBC raids. When people get to the end of vanilla content Blizzard should do TBC servers and allow people to transferred their characters there.

You will never get that far, don't worry about it.

Loving this new classic sub-forums. Its here you go when you want to have a laugh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    <5 Days to hit 60
    Clearly you've never played actual vanilla if thats how long you think it takes 1-60. If I remember correctly the number is on average around 10 days /played, which means at least 20 days if you play 12h a day. And thats following the optimal quest circuits and filling holes with grinding (Jame's old guides). I'm sure it can be done faster with enough preparation, knowledge, and free time, but saying it takes less than 5 days 1-60 is just incorrect, and I'd even say impossible even if you played 24h all those 5 days, which you can't without acc sharing.

Also it depends A LOT on the class. Warlocks and Hunters can lvl faster than anyone else, all caster classes have to drink basically every 2nd pull. Warriors have to eat after every couple of mobs, etc. etc. I'm sure most people who started playing in WotLK or later can't even imagine how much harder it was back then.

People gotta realize that hardly anyone is going to have Vanilla Naxx on farm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Only if they can handle the blows patchwerk dishes out /ragequit

- - - Updated - - -

40+ people

Leveling
    Gearing

People were coming from EQ ect.. This was the norm, and casual at that, now days its hard to keep a 5/10/20 man populated. Those dedicated players of old have careers, families, or perhaps nothing at all. Raiding drops off in progression, geared players move on (but where to when progression ends?) Drama, loot systems, restructuring, splintering, burnout, life... There is a reason why WoW evolved, and why it had survived more than a decade.
    dunno about you but i plan on deck out my characters in t3 gear, hand of ragnaros, thunderfury and all other sick items and go world pvp however long it will take i can just do that on all characters, should entertain me for a couple of years

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstrider View Post
    Clearly you've never played actual vanilla if thats how long you think it takes 1-60. If I remember correctly the number is on average around 10 days /played, which means at least 20 days if you play 12h a day. And thats following the optimal quest circuits and filling holes with grinding (Jame's old guides). I'm sure it can be done faster with enough preparation, knowledge, and free time, but saying it takes less than 5 days 1-60 is just incorrect, and I'd even say impossible even if you played 24h all those 5 days, which you can't without acc sharing.

Also it depends A LOT on the class. Warlocks and Hunters can lvl faster than anyone else, all caster classes have to drink basically every 2nd pull. Warriors have to eat after every couple of mobs, etc. etc. I'm sure most people who started playing in WotLK or later can't even imagine how much harder it was back then.
    I remember being proud of myself at getting alts to level 20 in ~24 hours of playtime early on. The slow flight points, mounts at 40, sloooooooooooooooooow respawns, and many other things will keep leveling at a slow pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstrider View Post

Are you talking about idiots who never played a video game before or people who actually know what they are doing since priv scene has been around since 2007.

I mean /played too not 5 days rl**
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    The big question I have is will they add new content after 40 man Naxx like a 40 man Karazhan with better loot to keep the progression going or its all going to end with Naxx for eternity.

What was cool about classic is that you had very few guilds finishing all the content before new content was being pushed out. I think after a while when guilds have Naxx on farm they may release a new 40 man raid to keep people progressing.
    Yeah, that is what retail is for.

Vanilla is vanilla just like it was. No changes, nothing added.

My guess is if it proves to be worthwhile Blizz will enable TBC after lets say two years and that will be the "new" content. They could then open up some new Vanilla only servers and offer free transfers for those who don't want to move on to TBC
    Last edited by Rumred; 2017-11-11 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gkai View Post
    I don't see why they wouldn't add content, is everyone forgetting that once naxx is over, that's the end of the expansion? If you wan't to continue playing vanilla, there needs to be some sort of goal in mind for people to complete or else you're ending up playing a dead end game.
    er... no shit, Sherlock. Are you JUST thinking of this?

Yes! I couldn't agree more with the OP!

Then after a few years, we should all get mad about how the game is not what it once was, and petition Blizzard to give us a pure vanilla server, again!

Then, of course, we should ask them to make new content for this pure vanilla server. So at this point we will have 3 different forks of World of Warcraft. Then, because the game is not what it once was!!! We demand to get a truly pure vanilla server!!

Then we ask them to make new content on that truly pure vanilla server....

10+ Year Old Account
    Rumors are they are building a naga raid for after naxx called Serpentshrine cavern just for classic.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

I imagine if the guilds that have the end content on farm get bored, they will just re-roll and start again.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope there will be one that stays classic forever, and also another that will transition to TBC, WOTLK etc. in time.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

If you want new content play retail. Classic WoW should only have Classic content.

The content you are looking for is called the Burning Crusade. But while i would like to see more classic content, i have no faith Blizzard or anyone else will manage to re-create the mindset and design philosophy from the 2004-2006 era. As such, whatever they come up with will most likely be bad.

Better just continue the servers with TBC, launch new TBC servers with free transfers for 60s or just infinite restart until people get sick of it.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

I agree, they prolly won't waste resources to make new content....

but they might include already made dungeons and raids in later expansions that are located in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. With technology they have now and use in timewalking dungeons, they can easily scale down any content to lvl60 cap and just scale items to fit the new system....ie. after Naxx40 ilvl, "new" content would be +25 ilvl compared to the previous, or something like that...

and with the amount of dungeons and raids they created after Naxx40.....they can keep up the Classic servers "fresh" for years.