Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstrider View Post
    Clearly you've never played actual vanilla if thats how long you think it takes 1-60. If I remember correctly the number is on average around 10 days /played, which means at least 20 days if you play 12h a day. And thats following the optimal quest circuits and filling holes with grinding (Jame's old guides). I'm sure it can be done faster with enough preparation, knowledge, and free time, but saying it takes less than 5 days 1-60 is just incorrect, and I'd even say impossible even if you played 24h all those 5 days, which you can't without acc sharing.

Also it depends A LOT on the class. Warlocks and Hunters can lvl faster than anyone else, all caster classes have to drink basically every 2nd pull. Warriors have to eat after every couple of mobs, etc. etc. I'm sure most people who started playing in WotLK or later can't even imagine how much harder it was back then.
    I believe he meant <5 days played, which is definitely possible. The fastest known time, that I'm aware of, is Furious Paul on a Troll Hunter, 4 days 20~ hours.

My first character took forever, like 40 days played or something. Once I knew what I was doing, my first alt (Warlock) took me around 8 days played.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

If the whole point is to keep Classic as accurate as possible so people can experience that time period in it's entirety, then having something not from that time period would defeat the purpose.

They may make other servers for other expansions, like BC, if they want to have other content, like Kara. But then it just kind of becomes a cycle of releasing the entire game all over again.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    It's threads like this that have me worried retards and vanilla haters are going to hijack this whole thing...
    This 1000x's its like everyone wants to play there version of bizzaro land vanilla not vanilla it self.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianova View Post
    This 1000x's its like everyone wants to play there version of bizzaro land vanilla not vanilla it self.
    I am very concerned that these people might influence Classic servers as well. I hope that Blizzard will do a Q&A or some sort of announcement about the direction of the project they are going to take to stop people from suggesting this stuff. But based on things that where said on stage when they made the announcement that they are going to do Classic servers and the interview with euro gamer they do want to kick stay as close to vanilla as possible but are concerned about all the changes that where made over the 2 years of vanilla and that they dont care if the lose money on the project. I cant see how they will lose money on it and I am at the same time hopeful that there will be no QoL BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is a shining example why they didn't want to create classic servers to begin with

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine they will firstly implement a hardcore mode for all the raids with all new gear tiers.

Perhaps once you finish Naxx, you go all the way back to hardcore MC all new strats and encounters.

Then implement new pvp gear to rival it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    this is what baffles me, people have pleaded for vanilla servers for so long, but what happens when they run out of content and get bored? do they complain that blizzard didnt prepare some unreleased, never before seen vanilla content? Sure these servers will be a huge hit and probably boost sub numbers by a whole lot, but its a dead end when it comes to content
    A lot of people will never get to a point where they have finished the content. I would say a lot of them won't come halfway finishing end game content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta agree with the people saying that Naxx will be cleared relatively quickly by guilds. The only way to avoid that would be to somehow prohibit mods from working on Vanilla servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I wouldn't mind if after Naxx they released a TBC server and I could copy my vanilla toon over there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is a shining example why they didn't want to create classic servers to begin with
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is a shining example of someone that didn't want something but it going to happen either way.. and they will have to..

Deal

W
    I
    T
    H

It.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Are you talking about idiots who never played a video game before or people who actually know what they are doing since priv scene has been around since 2007.

I mean /played too not 5 days rl**
    I'm talking about average people who are used to current WoW. I'm sure many people who've never played real vanilla will try Classic sooner or later. I'd even wager they'll be the vast majority, at least in the first few months.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I believe he meant <5 days played, which is definitely possible. The fastest known time, that I'm aware of, is Furious Paul on a Troll Hunter, 4 days 20~ hours.

My first character took forever, like 40 days played or something. Once I knew what I was doing, my first alt (Warlock) took me around 8 days played.
    Well yeah, but if 4days 20 hours is world record, then isn't it a bit unreasonable to claim that as a normal time to get 1-60. It will take the average player at least twice that, and even more if they've only played the current WoW and are in Vanilla for the first time...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Naxx is enough to keep an entire server busy for a very long time.

You honestly think that more than 1% will see it again?
    if you count only people at 60(As alot of people wil lget to level 20 then give up, just how it works), yes, ALOT more people, because players are much better these days then back then. Look at how long it took people to kill nefarian on live, but how quickly it was done on nost when it was released.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I gotta agree with the people saying that Naxx will be cleared relatively quickly by guilds. The only way to avoid that would be to somehow prohibit mods from working on Vanilla servers.

The big one is the patches, if they release at 1.12.1 , the early tiers are going to be demolished. Kel'thuzad will be quaking in his frozen armor. Hell, even if they release at 1.0 I'm still expecting a sub 21-day MC clea . Best I've seen was MC cleared 11 days after a server opened with 1x rates.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    I don't think anybody will really mind if they added extra endgame, like a new 'secret' raid but i don't expect it to happen.
    It wouldnt affect the community or the base game in anyway.

Something they could try doing is filling in a lot of the content that was cut for time or technical reasons, or redoing stopgap stuff properly. For example, a lot of content from BC like Kara and ZA really fits better in Vanilla, and it might be cool to see the Atiesh questline implemented in a lvl 60 Kara as originally intended, rather than hastily tacked onto Naxx, which it has no connection to.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I wouldn't mind if after Naxx they released a TBC server and I could copy my vanilla toon over there.

- - - Updated - - -

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is a shining example of someone that didn't want something but it going to happen either way.. and they will have to..

Deal

W
    I
    T
    H

It.
    Read my posts smartass, I've always been a fan of classic realms. But this is a shining example why they DIDN'T want to do it.
    Because idiots are now asking for more content in vanilla as well as things to be changed, and this is exactly what we knew would happen.
    Stop being so pathetic and miserable, it's laughable.

Maybe go through someone's comments before you go and make yourself look like a fool, aye?

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'd also point out, this is putting the cart well before the horse. They haven't even got the ball rolling on this yet.

Keep in mind World of Warcraft launched in 2004 and Burning Crusade launched in 2007.

There were 3 years of Classic WoW before the first expansion. Unless the put everything from classic in off the bat, they could easily let the Classic server update with the patches & content on the same schedule the original game updated.

Perhaps they'd even take longer since it would be a single server for things like Anh'Qiraj's opening. No nerfs, both factions have to complete the turn in, etc.

Assuming WoW: Classic Server launches in 2018, you could fathomably have until 2021 before you're thinking about "what about after Naxxramas is cleared?"
    3 year timeline for content that will most likely been consumed 3x quicker than initially (and tbh, I think I'm underestimating) will probably not work if they intend to not let the server stagnate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    if you count only people at 60(As alot of people wil lget to level 20 then give up, just how it works), yes, ALOT more people, because players are much better these days then back then. Look at how long it took people to kill nefarian on live, but how quickly it was done on nost when it was released.
    Skill is a much smaller factor imo. It's access to knowledge (which is a part of skill, but in this case I think the more important sub-concept), already created strats and classes/set-ups that actually work. Back in dem dayz', a large part of the battle was fucking working out how to handle things, rather than just handling them. Which most guilds will already know how to do or be able to get very quick access too. Unless you're in some puritan 'only blind' guild for non-vanilla raiders, which would be cool.

Also, I dunno why but this is now the game I'm looking forward most too lmao.

Deleted
    Not against it, too soon to talk about it.
    Should the Classic become equally successfull with current retail and after the available content has been experienced by a significant amount of the players (not like Nax40 prior to TBC for examble), there could be a discussion.
    To me it should be an alternate reality though, not just a TBC re -release, where certain things never (somehow) happened, starting from flying in TBC (if there is going to be TBC and not something completely different), to realm tranfers and name changing never becoming an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    Not against it, too soon to talk about it.
    Should the Classic become equally successfull with current retail and after the available content has been experienced by a significant amount of the players (not like Nax40 prior to TBC for examble), there could be a discussion.
    To me it should be an alternate reality though, not just a TBC re -release, where certain things never (somehow) happened, starting from flying in TBC (if there is going to be TBC and not something completely different), to realm tranfers and name changing never becoming an option.
    I could get behind this as an 'alternate' post-classic experience. At this point it'd be kind of like WoW 1.5, could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    No changes. Only pure vanilla
    Only 1.0. Only hardcore.

nope nothing new NAxx will be the last raid as it was in classic