Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are the Fallout games a believable interpretation of post-nuclear life?

If anyone's played them, just wondering. The prospect of a nuclear apocalypse is a lot less frightful with how I've enjoyed these games over the last few weeks and their interpretation of post-nuclear apocalypse life.

Nope, the world would pretty much become unlivable for most species including humans very quickly due to all of the world-wide nuclear reactors not being maintained anymore. Also, IF (which is not the case) nuclear waste created some savage zombies, that wouldn't be anywhere near as fun as it is in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Nope, the world would pretty much become unlivable for most species including humans very quickly due to all of the world-wide nuclear reactors not being maintained anymore. Also, IF (which is not the case) nuclear waste created some savage zombies, that wouldn't be anywhere near as fun as it is in the game.
    Mad Max is real and I will not hear otherwise

It is just as believable as Corey in the House is an anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Nuclear winter will freeze everything to death. Anything that lives will eventually die from cancer.

Edit: why do you keep making these threads man? The Fallout series is not real.
    Last edited by Clone; 2017-11-09 at 06:43 PM.

Not in the slightest.

No, they are a hilarious interpretation of post-nuclear life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    They are pretty okay in that there would be life on earth even after nuclear war. Difficult to say really, seeing that fallout history deviates from our's already way before the actual nuclear war.
    mainly, is the probability of becoming a zombie from too much exposure to nuclear radiation probable or would you just die

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    If anyone's played them, just wondering. The prospect of a nuclear apocalypse is a lot less frightful with how I've enjoyed these games over the last few weeks and their interpretation of post-nuclear apocalypse life.
    Yes. Immortal Zombies, Super Mutants, Two-Headed Cows, and Giant Radioactive Scorpions are all entirely plausible.

Also, Marvel Comics are a how-to guide to get Super-Powers.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super mutants, flying robots, mech suits, giant airships, the fact that you can just cure yourself of radiation instantly by just taking some medicine, I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    mainly, is the probability of becoming a zombie from too much exposure to nuclear radiation probable or would you just die
    That's nonsense. Over-Exposure to radiation doesn't turn you into a zombie....it turns you into the Hulk, or maybe one of the Fantastic Four.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nope they are not. Fist of the north star is only realistic post-apocalypse scenario.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice if RadAway actually existed. Would help people caught in Nuclear disasters.

No, and they don't even try really
    The game is full of satire of post-nuclear cliches

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Fact. Getting rid of rad sickness is damn near impossible after a certain exposure. Also you won't know if your getting rads (without a Geiger counter) until it's far too late. Rad sickness isn't a pleasant way to go.
    What? You don't like the idea of losing your hair, fingernails, skin, eyes, etc. Puking your literal insides out while convulsing until the end?

Weird. This thread is the oddest game fetishization I have ever seen... fallout... fun? Pretty sure anyone actually living in the world of fallout would either be completely insane or would kill themselves. Game is fun, prospect of that being real life? That's stupid as hell.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    What? You don't like the idea of losing your hair, fingernails, skin, eyes, etc. Puking your literal insides out while convulsing until the end?

Weird. This thread is the oddest game fetishization I have ever seen... fallout... fun? Pretty sure anyone actually living in the world of fallout would either be completely insane or would kill themselves. Game is fun, prospect of that being real life? That's stupid as hell.
    Why would it be insane and what isn't plausible about mutated wildlife and people resorting to raiding to survive?

7+ Year Old Account
    I've enjoyed "the hell" out of them, all of them. I think the representation is way more optimistic than reality would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailil View Post
    No, and they don't even try really
    The game is full of satire of post-nuclear cliches
    Yeah it is a styled "1950s" scifi, nothing more.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

It depends. As far as I’m aware looking at Chernobyl as a living fall out example life could come back. How long probably more then the fallout series time period but now the real question which is hard is where would these bombs fall? If it’s in a desert it’s much harder save for global trade winds to force society into living underground. We would be probably be wearing radiation suits and taking iodine pills to reduce the radioactive air. In that situation. If it’s an area with huge population like nyc or London then their will be issues which could force society to live underground far longer then we think. Thus making a fallout world far less appealing.

If you mean by 50s SCIENCE!/Sci-Fi interpretation of a nuclear holocaust than yes.