Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Why is this standard only applied to conservatives?
    It's not, generally. Harvey Weinstein, Charlie Rose, Garrison Keilor, Matt Lauer, Mark Halperin and Kevin Spacey are certainly not conservative, but I would not matter-of-factly say they're guilty of what caused them to lose their jobs/positions based solely on the accusations that got them into that predicament.

The thing with Trump that I can't ignore is this: he's been a multi-millionaire for as long as he has been alive. Whomever accuses him of sexual mistreatment now has to explain why they waited until he's an elected president to do it and that explanation has to make sense in order for me (on a personal level) to begin to accept their story. So far, that hasn't been satisfied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    The thing with Trump that I can't ignore is this: he's been a multi-millionaire for as long as he has been alive. Whomever accuses him of sexual mistreatment now has to explain why they waited until he's an elected president to do it and that explanation has to make sense in order for me (on a personal level) to begin to accept their story. So far, that hasn't been satisfied.
    This is a lost cause right off the bat because the only arguments that seem to convince you are inherently nonsensical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Patient Lothar from accounting's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If this behavior were unique to Trump's accusers you might (heavy emphasis on 'might' here) have a point. As it stands victims of sexual mistreatment, sexual misconduct, sexual assault, rape, etc. have refrained from/delayed speaking out against their abuser for fear of retaliation, the intense public scrutiny it tends to put them under, shame, and any number of other reasons that persons more versed on the subject than I can add.
    Some people come out after others do, when they realize they're not alone. Others do it when they see the person that harmed them come into a position of greater power, a position that could be used to commit additional acts.

Their reasoning for when they come out doesn't have to make sense to you, you're nobody, or me, I'm nobody too, or anyone but themselves. Timing should play no bearing on the validity of what they say so long as they're telling the truth.

They didn't wait until he was president. Remember? They stepped forward during his campaign specifically to stop him from becoming President. They're just stepping forward again now, because recently some people (not people like you, obviously) have actually started paying attention to accusations like these occasionally.

It's not, generally. Harvey Weinstein, Charlie Rose, Garrison Keilor, Matt Lauer, Mark Halperin and Kevin Spacey are certainly not conservative, but I would not matter-of-factly say they're guilty of what caused them to lose their jobs/positions based solely on the accusations that got them into that predicament.

They really don't need to explain that as most people already know why victims have a difficult time publicly broadcasting the crimes committed against them. You're declaring they meet some sort of standard of yours yet you can't even define that standard as anything more than you being satisfied.

I see he wont concede and i hope he doesnt cause the more he is in the news the more the Republican brand gets tarnished.

He really is the gift that keeps on giving for the democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    I know posting conspiracy theories is against the forum rules, but I'll take that risk: Alex Jones says the dead voted for Jones, and Clinton operatives " had the folks bused in those Democrat areas and they stole the election".

Incidentally, anyone wanna explain how moving people from one spot in AL, to another spot in AL, changes a vote for AL Senator? Also, Alex Jones apparently never saw Leverage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    They didn't wait until he was president. Remember? They stepped forward during his campaign specifically to stop him from becoming President. They're just stepping forward again now, because recently some people (not people like you, obviously) have actually started paying attention to accusations like these occasionally.
    They also stepped forward before the campaign... as far back as 1988... Trump had no issue admitting it either. There are interviews of him saying that he will not run for president, because he is horrible with women. The idea of Trump being a sleazy snake, got ignored by his support, not started during the election. He bragged about storming into teenage girl beauty pageant locker rooms on Howard Stern over a decade ago. The joke sketch he had in 2000 for NYC mayoral diner, was making fun of him while motorboating Guilliani in drag.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Here is congresswoman Ann McLane Kuster of New Hampshire talking about being groped by Dr. Christiaan Barnard (yes, that Barnard that performed the first heart transplant) when she was 23. She never even told her husband.

https://www.npr.org/2017/11/21/56576...ual-harassment

Here is Salma Hayek talking about her experience with Harvey Weinstein while making Frida.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cel...cid=spartanntp

Both powerful women in their own right with access to some of the best attorneys money can buy. Both kept their mouth shut for decades. Why? I don’t know. I have never been in their shoes. However, if women like these can be intimidated, imagine teenagers in Alabama in the 1970s trying to accuse a rising star in the Alabama District Attorney Office. The same with Trump's accusers trying to sue a famous Millionaire back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Here is Salma Hayek talking about her experience with Harvey Weinstein while making Frida.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cel...cid=spartanntp
    Oh boy... the optics on this... wow...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    The situation and the posturing that the left has put up on this election was never reasonable to begin with. Being "reasonable" went out the window a long time ago. Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Oh my god.

You know, I was making fun of you when I suggested you might think Roy Moore could still win that seat. That was meant as a joke.

Did you just honest to god pin yourself to that happening?

Like, it's not enough to sell your ass to a political campaign for a child molester - you're now selling your ass to a zombie political campaign for a child molester?

*EDIT*

My bad, followed a link and didn't realise I was necroing a thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Guess who's still relevant in the news cycle?

So turns out Moore's Jewish lawyer who voted for Jones isn't the token Jewish lawyer his wife trotted out as proof they aren't anti-Semites. They do have a Jewish lawyer who does like them, just one catch, he's Christian.

Roy Moore's 'Jewish Attorney' Is a Practicing Christian

When the wife of former Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore declared last month, “one of our attorneys is a Jew,” she was swiftly criticized for what many deemed an insensitive effort to combat allegations that she and her husband did not like Jewish people.

But now that Moore has lost his special election in Alabama and his opponent, Democrat Doug Jones, has been sworn in, his wife is ready to explain her comment and reveal the identity of their “Jewish lawyer.”

That lawyer is a man named Martin Wishnatsky, Kayla Moore told AL.com on Thursday — and it turns out Wishnatsky is now a practicing Christian.

“We read where we were against Jews – even calling us Nazis,” Kayla Moore said in an email to AL.com.

“We have a Jewish lawyer working for us in our firm — Martin Wishnatsky. Judge hired him while Chief Justice, then I hired him at the Foundation,” she added, referring to the Foundation for Moral Law, which was founded by Roy and Kayla Moore.

This explanation differs from the person who many publications thought the Moores were referencing as their lawyer. News outlets including the Jewish Forward and the Washington Examiner have said that the candidate’s wife was referring to Richard Jaffe, a Jewish lawyer who represented the couple’s son, Caleb Moore, when he was charged with drug possession several years ago.

Jaffe, who is a longtime friend of Jones, told AL.com earlier this week that he was offended by the Jewish attorney line and said he wasn’t sure he was the correct attorney since he had only worked for the younger Moore.

Wishnatsky, on the other hand, has been a fan of Judge Moore for years, according to AL.com. He met the Alabama judge in 1996 after he had gotten involved in Christianity and conservative activism, particularly around issues like abortion and the Ten Commandments.

While he was raised in a Jewish home in New Jersey, attended Hebrew school and even had a bar mitzvah, Wishnatsky has since changed his beliefs a number of times. His family was not very religious, he told AL.com, and he never felt a very strong connection to God until he “accepted Christ” at age 33.

After that, Wishnatsky experimented with Mormonism and later became an evangelical Protestant Christian. He has been arrested for protesting against abortion clinics and after meeting Moore, he worked at the Alabama Supreme Court and then at the Foundation for Moral Law.

Wishnatsky, now 73, described himself as a “Messianic Jew” and when asked whether he believes a Jewish person who practices Christianity is Jewish or Christian, he replied “You’re both,” according to AL.com. He currently attends Centerpoint Fellowship Church in Prattville, Ala.
    http://time.com/5089113/roy-moore-je...in-wishnatsky/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Guess who's still relevant in the news cycle?

So turns out Moore's Jewish lawyer who voted for Jones isn't the token Jewish lawyer his wife trotted out as proof they aren't anti-Semites. They do have a Jewish lawyer who does like them, just one catch, he's Christian.

http://time.com/5089113/roy-moore-je...in-wishnatsky/
    I heard on NPR (I think) that someone did a multi-month project trying to find the "jew lawyer" and the closest they could get was a lawyer who didn't work for the campaign, but had done some legal work for the Moore's in the past. Problem was he was an active campaigner for Jones.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I heard on NPR (I think) that someone did a multi-month project trying to find the "jew lawyer" and the closest they could get was a lawyer who didn't work for the campaign, but had done some legal work for the Moore's in the past. Problem was he was an active campaigner for Jones.
    I think it's this guy:

https://nypost.com/2018/01/02/roy-mo...or-doug-jones/

Richard Jaffe. But apparently when pressed on it, Moore's wife denied it was him and recently said Martin Wishnatsky was the guy she was referring to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think it's this guy:

https://nypost.com/2018/01/02/roy-mo...or-doug-jones/

Richard Jaffe. But apparently when pressed on it, Moore's wife denied it was him and recently said Martin Wishnatsky was the guy she was referring to.
    Sounds right.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-