Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You are still going to have collectors wanting to get exalted with all the race factions so they can buy the different mounts from their race vendor. "oh shit, i have to hold them all in my bags, or put them in my bank?" "wtf is this"

Cant be a collector of cool stuff if your bags are chuck full of collectible shit.

It's only a matter of time before people playing on those servers start requesting that, and if its not implemented, the likelyhood of them quitting playing on that type of server increases.
    Getting exalted took months of work with any faction. Grinding up that much runecloth for the city factions, killing the thousands upon thousands of mobs. Collectors existed back then, but these are players that already knew what they were expecting to start along that pass. I'm pretty sure they'll be ok figuring it out. You know after they looted their 36,000 Silithid shell to get to Neutral with Brood of Nozdormu, I'm pretty sure they have an idea that mount might take up bag space.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post

What 10 mounts?
    That's what I was thinking lol

No. That would not make it anywhere near the "classic experience".
    Bugs that would make the game crash and such should be fixed but the game should be just like it was.

Deleted
    No I don't want any changes, just stop with these threads please.....

I would like the graphical enhancements (models/textures), and nothing else changed. For all that is holy, I wish they don't implement LFD/LFR.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendula View Post
    Mount collection means you don't have to buy a mount on a character, which essentially means you need less money to grind on each character. So it is not 'just' QoL, therefore a big no.

3 seconds, and dismounting when entering water, are the only way.
    Correct.

Account-wide features, such as Collections and Transmogrification, are what lead to the loss of prestige and interesting/rare sights in the game.

Take a rare mount like Mimiron's Head. Previously, the only character that could ride that mount, was the one who looted it from the boss and had it in their bag. The server community would only see that mount, when Character X was online, and riding it. But now that it's account-wide, you can see it whenever Player X is online .. it doesn't matter which character he's playing on, could be the original guy who ran Ulduar, or could be the druid he's leveling in Thousand Needles. If that player has six different active characters, then you're now six times more likely to see Mimiron's Head in the world.

Same with Titles, same with Gear (unusual weapons, tier sets).

The loss of individual character identity, is probably the feature I mourn the most, when I consider all the changes from Vanilla to the present day.

Personally I think there definitely should be account-wide achievements/transmog and an option to use modern graphics (or at least modern graphics setting with the improved draw distance.)

No, No, No
    why do these threads keep showing up.
    People want vanilla because it is vanilla.
    Can't you just give it a rest and let people have what they want?
    Having vanilla doesn't affect retail. There is a niche for both.
    I for one will stay active with both and looking forward to it.
    Please let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Personally I think there definitely should be account-wide achievements/transmog and an option to use modern graphics (or at least modern graphics setting with the improved draw distance.)
    Seriously people. What is that with you and achievements? A counter of virtual points really makes you that happy?

Also, transmog - definitely no.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaalyn View Post
    No, No, No
    People want vanilla because it is vanilla.
    Can't you just give it a rest and let people have what they want?
    Having vanilla doesn't affect retail. There is a niche for both.
    I for one will stay active with both and looking forward to it.
    Please let it go.
    You say that, but if you read through this very thread, you will see opinions different to your own. Some of the people in here who really want vanilla, are also asking for updated models, LFD tool, convenience of mount tabs, bag space, etc etc etc. So be careful when you say "people want..." and then try to speak for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaalyn View Post
    No, No, No
    Because there are many who don't want to play vanilla but for some reason feel obligated to do so and trying to stick features they like in the current version into vanilla for some inexplicable reason. At least that's the only explanation I can think up. There is no other logical reasons for that kind of behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Some of the people in here who really want vanilla, are also asking for updated models, LFD tool, convenience of mount tabs, bag space, etc etc etc. So be careful when you say "people want..." and then try to speak for everyone.
    These are literally 2 contradicting statements.

No no no.

I want classic, for all its faults.

If you are a fan of the "vanilla" experience, and since Blizzard caved and are now producing a classic experience, do you want a lot of the convenience features that the current game has now?

For example,

• Updated player models
    • Account wide mounts.
    • Achievements in general
    • Account wide achievements
    • A Mount Tab so the actual mount doesn't take up your bag space
    • Higher stack sizes for materials (vanilla it was only 20 max for materials)
    • Larger bags (back in vanilla 18 slot bags were the highest you could get)
    • Guild banks
    • Personal Materials bank
    • Mass auto loot (kill 3 mobs, loot only 1 mob and you get the dropped loot from all 3)
    • LFD
    • Group builder tool
    • the list could literally go on and on and on for hundreds of lines, but you get the point

Do you just want the leveling experience to take as long as it did, and the difficulty of the dungeons, world mobs, raid bosses, to be like it was, but you want all the convenience features that have been added to the game?

I would assume you wouldn't want LFD or the Group Builder tool, because you would want to preserve the sense of community that the game had back then. (which those inevitably destroyed along with cross server groups).

For me to even want to go back to a "classic" wow experience, the game would have to have some of the convenience features of today, but the spirit of the game should still be the difficulty, grindy, long quest chain, huge wonderful world I was used to back then. I would still want achievements, because I think fun things popping up on my screen when I accomplish something is cool, I would want the mount tab where you learn mounts rather than them taking up bag space. I would also want all of the graphical updates they have done to the game to remain, including updated player and NPC models.
    Are you crazy?

No.

Vanilla is Vanilla. pls don't ask for more.

This is NOT AN EXPANSION to RETAIL, buddy. Live with this.

I agree with most of your points. But you have to realize that Blizzard's goal is not to "send a message" to players to remind them of how vanilla really was. Their goal is to try to attract as many players as possible (most of them most likely coming from a pool of players who are not currently subscribed to retail wow) to make money.

To make money.

If this wasn't seen as a potential good investment, do you think they would have ever caved to the vanilla whiners? In my opinion, no. They would have never caved if it wasn't seen as a potentially good business decision.
    Finally, someone SANE. Jaylock, please talk to these stubborn old-school crazies. You are a calm and eloquent person. These people don't seem to even accept to listen to others and process what is being said, or even THINK about it, it's looking like an auto-block in their head for anything related to change. It reminds me of the right wing extremists and extreme conservatives who are completely out of touch with reality and don't even bother to think of the future.

New gamers HAVE NO CLUE how vanilla was and prefer NOT to go through that insanity.

I cannot stand people who are permanently STUCK in time and thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Do you honestly think that people want Classic servers because they don't like the new locations? Is it a poor attempt in trolling? Because it does look like one.

Anyhow. All of the mechanics you have in your list is literally what separates vanilla from the current version of the game. These awesome, convenient, fun features are exactly why I personally no longer play the game. You want Diablo-like game? You have Legion! Why are you trying to turn vanilla into Legion but without content?
    Lets do a sniff test.

Say you get vanilla exactly how you want it except for 1 thing. They have AoE looting in the game. So are you telling me you would not subscribe to the game because of that?

I would bet that wouldn't keep you from playing on classic wow servers. What is it that you don't understand about the core gameplay is exactly the same? Same classes, same talent trees, same broken specs, same attunements, same dungeon difficulty, same quest difficulty, same elite mobs in the exact same areas they were previously. Same dungeon bosses, same spec restrictions for paladins and shaman (alliance and horde respectively), same pvp grind experience to grand marshal or highlord, same battle grounds, same 24+ hr AV, same weapon skill grind, same 2 item per boss drop system in raids... all the same gameplay related shit that you want.

Having mounts not take up bag space doesn't affect the gameplay at all. Not having to loot each and every individual mob doesn't affect gameplay other than making it quicker to loot things and continue on playing the game. Having achievements in the game, doesn't change game play at all either, it actually encourages game play.

And I would bet, the amount of people that are vanilla purists that would never play on anything other than an exact 100% copy of what they played on 13 years ago would be so small compared to the number of vanilla enthusiasts who just want to play and feel the nostalgia of what they played on would be much much higher, and it would be a sustainable system that blizzard could justify the cost of creating such an experience.

Lets do another example:

Lets say there are 5 million people who really enjoyed WoW during vanilla and TBC, and they would resubscribe if Blizzard offered official servers that gave them the ability to re-live those years of glory (in their eyes). Now its safe to assume there is a bell curve of people who are extreme vanilla (who would not play on anything except an exact copy of patch 1.12), and those who would play it regardless of how many QoL features were added. If Blizzard creates the server and makes a calculated attempt at re-capturing the spirit of the game, and they get 4 million of those 5 million potential players returning and subbing, i'd say thats a win for Blizzard. And lets say that 500k of those 5 million are ones who are "purist" wow players, and they don't return, and another 500k are on the other end of the spectrum and don't like that they no longer have LFD. But 4 million players who are more in the middle who may or may not be a little irritated at what they got, but they are happy that they can play in the spirit of what they played before... yeah thats a win for Blizzard and the vanilla community overall.

They are not going to give you an exact 100% carbon copy of what you played in 1.12, its just not going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I want to return to the way it was before all the changes. Just to experience that nostalgia again.

No no no no no no.

Also, why is it like the 15th thread of its kind in the past few days? Can the mods just make a Classic Megathread or just remove similar\copycat threads?

The people who want vanilla, want that, VANILLA, as it was!

No changes, no tweaks, no extra balance, no connection to live, NOTHING DIFFERENT. We want every single wart that made classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiedzemir View Post
    Seriously people. What is that with you and achievements? A counter of virtual points really makes you that happy?
    I don't see what's to dislike about achievements. Sure I can see why someone might not be interested, but they add a number of goals that don't affect gameplay whilst adding replayability to areas of the game someone might enjoy. I like exploring but I probably would never have uncovered every last spot of the old world if Blizz didn't add an achievement that would say "hey look, you did that thing," and I'm glad I did because riding to forgotten corners of the world was an enjoyable experience.

Also, transmog - definitely no.
    No transmogging your classic characters, but I'd like to unlock gear on my main account (even if it would look ridiculously ugly in modern, hi-res surroundings.) Unsurprisingly I never completed Loremaster with all 4 armour classes (just a clothy) and as a long-term, "something to do when I've nothing to do" project it would be something to work towards.

Deleted
    in the words of Dr Cox:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

No, WoW: Classic fans want WoW: Classic... , and I want WoW: Classic through WoW: WotLK.