Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Absolutely not. The people asked for vanilla and played on that private server that was a carbon copy of vanilla and got what they wanted. They should not have this. So many people hated this because they said it destroyed the character fantasy. Your character was a ret pally, not a pally who could magically switch between years of training. No. It should be just like vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I'd venture it's more to do with the fact that most of these people don't want Vanilla WoW and are just bored of retail and want something different but not too different to do. Prior to the announcement I can't remember very many posts in the Legacy thread in general about any of this shit. It was just us Vanilla fans asking for a Vanilla realm.
    Yeah, and the vanilla fans should get just that, a vanilla realm. If Blizzard make some inbetween game that looks like retail, they have failed. Let vanilla be like it was without all those server crashes though :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post
    No, stop it. You will learn to embrace that respeccing is not something trivial. You will learn to accept that you will for most of the time "be" your spec. You won't just switch anytime you feel like it.

Or you will farm up gold so you can respec more frequently (or your guild will pay for respecs). For the record, you can tank fine in a DPS spec or even a hybrid spec to do both quite easily. Full protection spec isn't required. Most hybrid classes don't even need to spec fully into one tree to do that job optimally.
    I wish we could make a consolidated "I want shit that's not Classic WoW in Classic WoW thread" and delete every single other suggestion thread that comes up. These forums are flooded by shitbirds who don't like Pre-BC WoW and want to change it because they are bored with Live.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Actually I really liked the concept of being somewhat locked into one spec.

That made you identify more with it, learning the niches and small tricks with your class and spec because you were forcerd to improvise.

For example I've played fury warrior throughout the whole time and even tanked raids with that spec.
    It isn't like today, you had all the tanking tools as either spec, same went for healing classes.

So actually I think it is too much of a gameplay changer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    IIRC, wasn't dual-speccing introduced in Wrath?

If so, it wouldn't be Classic. So nope! No Dual-specs for you!
    Yep.

In vanilla you had to go to the class trainer to respec, initial cost of 5gold and it increased every time you wanted to respec, i think it capped at 50g which was a pretty hefty amount of gold back then. I remember my hunters respec costing 40gold and having to beg my guild for gold for it D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Yeah, and the vanilla fans should get just that, a vanilla realm. If Blizzard make some inbetween game that looks like retail, they have failed. Let vanilla be like it was without all those server crashes though :P
    Totally, kill the bugs and exploits. Police the API so people don't automate shit because add-on makers are far more advanced these days. Nuke cheaters from orbit and stagger the content release to be similar to Pre-BC. That's all we really need for it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you didnt have enough gold to respec then honestly you didnt know what you were doing, Oily Blackmouth sold for like 5-8 gold a stack and people would buy it in minutes by the stack, get gud

Deleted
    Dual spec is pretty much a huge immersion killer for Me. So nope, no dualism for da classic.

Totally, kill the bugs and exploits. Police the API so people don't automate shit because add-on makers are far more advanced these days. Nuke cheaters from orbit and stagger the content release to be similar to Pre-BC. That's all we really need for it.
    So, restrict it more than it was back then? That's not original either.

I'm in favor of dual spec just so tanks and healers can actually complete the farm of their own mats. I'm also fine with a compromise however, which would be requiring all dps classes/specs farm the mats tanks and healers need, since they don't want to allow them a chance to be able to do their own farm.

Just so we are clear: Tanks and healers are needed for completing PvE content. Why not give them a chance to farm their own stuff, just as the rest? That way people would actually play them.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-11-09 at 11:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Again, that's not all of us. Nor as polls have shown is it the majority.
    No, not all of you. But these polls, they are not worth shit. In any way, no matter where they lean. I'd say the same thing if 90% of the people polled said they literally think that vanilla servers would bring about the end of the world.

MMO Champion is not representative of the players, in any way. Polls in forums like these won't tell you anything, which is why no professional in their right mind would go to them for an actual opinion. If you want a representative poll you have to make sure the people you are asking don't know they are being polled.

To clarify: I don't begrudge you classic, or even actual 1:1 vanilla servers. It is not for me, but that is true for mayn many things. But to think, no matter your point of view, that ANY poll in here in any way represents waht the majority wants is unwise.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2017-11-09 at 11:23 PM.

Should it be added? Nope, will it be added? Probably cause the armies of dps are going to be unable to get dungeon groups since no one but a select few will play prot or a healing spec.

I want to still be able to model edit though, hehe

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    With all these "modify classic/vanilla" posts you could, almost, conclude that no one actually wants servers running classic/vanilla WoW.
    Right?

These people bitched, and moaned because "Live sucks!" and "Vanilla was better!" yet all they want to do is change vanilla into what the game is now.

What a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's really not.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    While dual spec is something I repeatedly wished for during vanilla (and BC)... we can't have any changes. It should be an authentic version of vanilla WoW... otherwise it's opening the floodgates for other QoL changes that would bastardize the orginal game.

This is something people can take or leave, nobody is gonna be forced to play vanilla. Nor should they!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artaeum View Post
    Right?

These people bitched, and moaned because "Live sucks!" and "Vanilla was better!" yet all they want to do is change vanilla into what the game is now.

What a joke.
    Don't believe in the hive mind theory, these posts are from people that never wanted Vanilla - as evidenced by them wanting to change it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    the only thing they should maybe add is spec saving or something, so when you respec you can pick from one of your previous specs if you want to. This is only a QoL change in that it saves time, still would incur the cost of respeccing and the need to visit the class trainer each time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    So, restrict it more than it was back then? That's not original either.

I'm in favor of dual spec just so tanks and healers can actually complete the farm of their own mats. I'm also fine with a compromise however, which would be requiring all dps classes/specs farm the mats tanks and healers need, since they don't want to allow them a chance to be able to do their own farm.
    Bloody hell, see my point. You guys twist shit constantly. The mods that are going to be created are going to do things we didn't even think possible in Vanilla. They are going to trivialize most of the game dynamically altering the way the game played from TBC. You guys are seriously the worst. I'm very pro add-on but a mod like Rarefinder, or evolutions of decursive, and those group assemblers would totally destroy the entire reason for the servers in the first place.

The bitching has already started about vanilla 'features' lmao

Dual spec was not in Vanilla, therefore it is not a must for Vanilla.

I'm really starting to see no ones actually wants Vanilla, you want your version of the game with things you deem worthwhile or mandatory, that just happens to take place during Vanilla.