Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Lack of? But those things are coming. Lol @ people thinking classic will be a copy paste of the last vanilla patch. The hurt over " Dont change anything, I am bad and want to go back my 1 shot pvp specs because its the only way i can win " Is so strong kek.
    Pretty sure it was addressed and commented that there won't be any of the live features unless I read wrong.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    So cute. If you played classic and know anything about it, you know that pre-2.01 it was perfectly possible to script things to an amazing extent, such that you could effectively bot with it. Source? Go use wowhead/google. But then you started in, what, Cata.?
    I don't ask if it can be exploitable, I know it can. I'm asking for a source in being confirmed to be replaced in the classic. Any source?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    well he is right, There is no way they let the old addon system go live. There were WAY to been automated addons that were run back in those days

I am going to credit the source - "Common Sense"
    I don't ask if it can be exploitable, I know it can. I'm asking for a source in being confirmed to be replaced in the classic. Any source?

10+ Year Old Account
    The money was never a problem for me having quit in Cataclysm, It was the game severely changed from something that I no longer enjoyed hence why I and other have asked for Classic Servers in the past.

I will be on the Classic servers without a doubt so long as they keep to their statements in interviews and elsewhere where they've stated they're trying to recreate an authentic vanilla experience to the best that they can.

Somethings will most likely be different but so long as they're not trying to back port major game-breaking "features" like LFG/LFR/Flying/Transmog/Arena/Retail class balance/retail itemization/retail quality of life etc.
    Overall everything out of blizzard has been completely positive and reassuring to me so far, It's been the forums here and elsewhere of people who didn't want legacy servers but now are jumping on the train asking for quality of life/new features that are concerning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Ah. That wasn't at all clear in your post. Legit question but no one knows. People are just saying it should be updated to at least the 2.01 client so that most exploits are closed.

Fact is, Blizzard hasn't said anything more about what they're doing than that they want it to be as close to Vanilla as possible. What they mean by that is up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Only shallow thing here is making big deal out of 15$. So either you are trolling or under age that can't get parents to buy game time.
    No, I just keep track of my personal finances. And a 15 dollar recurring monthly fee isn't something I'm going to needlessly keep running. I'm not saying it's particularly expensive, it's just not pocket change to be thrown away either.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    You got a source on that?
    It is a well known fact that the vanilla API is very slutty. It lets you do what ever you want with it basically

Seems 15 USD is a small price to pay for knowing that your progress will never disappear, and your server will be run with Blizzard standards and no drama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I don't think that paying 15 dollars a month or whatever it may be will sit well with them for a product that isn't an exact replica of what they're playing now.
    The addon system for example is going to have to be replaced since the classic one is easily exploitable.
    From the looks of the job postings it looks like they're going to recreate classic wow using the modern client kinda like an engine.
    I'm a vanilla player and I don't care if the classic servers are a 1:1 reproduction of the original game. I won't be playing them, I won't be trying them, couldn't care less about them. I'm interested in new stories, new memories, new things. Not an emulated version of the stuff I did 12-13 years ago.

And to be clear, that isn't a knock against people who want classic servers. There are people who are genuinely passionate about that iteration of the game and they have every right to be. I'm happy that they're finally getting what they want (seriously, kudos for fighting the good fight) but personally, I'll pass.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Seems 15 USD is a small price to pay for knowing that your progress will never disappear, and your server will be run with Blizzard standards and no drama.
    ^This pretty much. I really really REALLY want official legacy realms and have been hoping for it for years all while playing on private realms just waiting for this annoucement. However, there is a point at which even official legacy realms wont keep me if they decide to change too many things.

LFD, LFR, Revamped/rebalanced talent trees would be a complete dealbreaker for me.