Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I feel a res timer equivalent would have been a much better solution. Get killed by an enemy player, u have 15 mins where you can't be killed again by the opposing faction.
    Agreed. Alternatively, if a player is greater than 10 levels below you, you are unable to attack them unless they attack you first.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    It's because i have little hope that people will actually turn the PvP On.
    Everything will be just like a PvE server.

I really have little faith people will turn it on.
    Wait until we see the bonuses Blizzard talked about. Remember? There would be increased rewards/xp/rep/etc if you quest around with PvP toggled on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    Woah man, you do come up with some top notch loigc, I can't fault it. Only masturbation is something most people do, not something nolifers do on a video game to get what you called it, 'a rush' killing lowbies. Lmao. You really are not very good at this. Unsub for the next expac nobody cares. Im over you, cya.
    LOL! I point out your flawed logic and you counter with a "no you are!" type reply, then state that I'm not good at debating. You're a gem!

Even with the PvP flag and zone scaling and the phasing/sharding to try and keep things more fair/balanced and interesting...

1. WoW PvP has never been balanced for 1vs1
    2. World PvP is inherently imbalanced and chaotic as you can never "control" the number of bodies on each side and what they do/where they go
    3. If they do the phasing/sharding and zone/level scaling well, keep the population somewhat even between the factions, AND incentive flagging for PvP right - this could be AMAZING for world PvP.

World PvP is at its best when you embrace the chaos, but end up with pitched, heated battles on a fairly-even keel so player skill and team coordination come through.

That's why the invented battlegrounds in the first place! To try and take some of the random/chaos out make a better experience.

I'll miss one shotting you with Blood Drinker.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Implying wpvp is a pvp. Lul.
    Im implying pvp is pvp. Whether it is in the world or in an instance. It's still PVP.

Goodbye for the game from me. PvP is the only thing that doesn't make the open world content completely boring to me. Without PvP, each daily (ok, WQ) feels exactly the same, each time, without any kind of risk for anything or without any kind of change over time.

This is simply too boring for me. Goodbye.

This change means that everybody who wants to WPvP will be grouped together. This means there will be zero other people you can't fight, ever, for any reason besides sanctuary. So basically this means zero net change for anybody currently on a PvP server assuming there's some critical mass of people who want to WPvP. If there turns out to be effectively no people who want to turn the PvP flag on, even those currently on PvP servers, than suck it up cupcake them's the breaks.

For me this was the last nail in the coffin. The last straw.

Goodbye retail forever. Hello Classic servers forever.

Enjoy my salt.
    I look forward to both. No salt required.

Vanilla is meh, but I'm looking down the road to the glory that is BC and WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Variuous reasons I am sure.

1. They like the name of the server
    2. They have friends on that PvP server and want to play and grp with them
    3. They wanted to give a PvP server a try to see what it was like. When they saw that it is only a wretched hive of gankers and wanna be PvPers they complained and moved on or just kept trucking til they could stand up to the gankers.

I am sure there could be more but those are the ones that strike out to me at the moment
    Sure, but you know what you are getting into. I know some people might not fully understand that they will be ganked, but it's like interviewing for a job with a midnight shift. The employer tells you it's more than likely you will end up working overnights, you figure that it's only a possibility, just to get put on midnights as soon as your training is over and then complain it happened.
    Oh well, there are going to be bonuses for being flagged, so I figure I'll just stay flagged and be about my way. If someone wants a fight, let's have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    I have no issues with world pvp, when you are out questing in a zone and fight with someone of a similar level, thats a fun exciting learning experience, even if it just so happens that a higher level is passing through, pops off his mount and kills you once and carries on, thats life, all part of the experience. But when people constantly camp and gank lowbies flying around in circles above HFP that is just a mentality I can not fathom.
    Yeah I think guess flying killed most of the world interaction anyway, so just the toxic part of WPVP is left over.

I just think most of the MMO and RPG elements are pretty much dead now. I feel this game is dangerously close to throwing out the baby with the bath water, if it hasn't done so already.

It might as well just be a single player game quest grind with guild chat to talk to people.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2017-11-10 at 09:53 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Goodbye for the game from me. PvP is the only thing that doesn't make the open world content completely boring to me. Without PvP, each daily (ok, WQ) feels exactly the same, each time, without any kind of risk for anything or without any kind of change over time.

Because of course you are the only person in all of wow who likes to pvp and absolutely no one else will turn it on. All the pvp shards will be deserted and it will just have been you all by yourself on them. You're right, you should probably quit the game. Bye.

As someone who started their WoW journey on a PvP server over a decade ago and has kept his main on said PvP server all these years, this is a welcome change.

I'm fine with getting ganked from time to time, and camping is handily dealt with switching to an alt for a bit. Max level world PvP is cool too, given that there's actually a chance for a 1v1 encounter to result in a two-sided battle, but as the xpacs have piled that's increasingly not been the case. In past xpacs it was possible in many circumstances to fight back and maybe even win despite gaps in gear/skill/etc. I'd even say that the possibility of winning against the odds was part of thrill. But as it is now most of the time world PvP encounters egregiously favor the attacker to the point that it's a waste to even try to fight back, if you even have the chance to try (e.g. the fight isn't over in the span of a global).

It's clear that Blizzard doesn't want to bother with balancing world PvP at all, so this is really for the best. Many of us who used to like playing on a PvP server didn't sign up for the broken system it's become, so this is a great compromise. We can open ourselves up to fights when the situation isn't so hilariously lopsided and turn it back off when they are, and we aren't forced to spend $$$ for an absolute opt out (transfer to PvE server).

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    The problem with that is the continued death of community. We should know the badasses of our servers, not this CRZ garbage.

That would be outstanding IF they are all from the same server as me. Again, community means everything. You earn reputations and know who is who.

Or it will show that Blizzards new system is flawed and failed the PvP community as a whole.
    Is community more important than having balanced populations so you actually fight each other?

Plus, I'm willing to bet that it'll a) prioritize you into shards with members of the same server and b) you'll then build a pvp community that isn't confined to one server.

People wailed and complained about how CRZ would destroy server community, yet what I've seen happen on my server group is that there are still people who are notorious for various things, but they're not strictly from one server anymore. Literally all that happened is this community grew to encompass more people/a larger area. You don't think that, if someone is really good at wpvp, they'll start to develop a reputation among other wpvpers? Perhaps that means they're not as much of a "badass" as people like to imagine.

If people aren't keeping the pvp flag on when they go out into the world, the problem isn't with the system. If people actually have a desire to pvp then they'll flag themselves. But I'm willing to bet that a lot of people who have been crying for wpvp to come back won't like the results when they're suddenly forced to deal with balanced faction sizes (instead of the common 90%+ in one of the factions favor), and most often facing people the same level as them instead of a bunch of people lower level than them.

If there really is a huge desire by people for wpvp, then there will be enough people who keep the flag on to ensure a healthy population within the pvp shards. If there isn't, then Blizzard sticking with the old model forcing people into pvp whether they like it or not (say, because they don't have the time/money to reroll) or being trapped on a pvp server where their faction only makes up 10% of the population wouldn't be any better.

You DO realize you can still wpvp right? You just have to opt into it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Wait until we see the bonuses Blizzard talked about. Remember? There would be increased rewards/xp/rep/etc if you quest around with PvP toggled on.
    I really hope those rewards are able to change the minds of millions of players. They better be good!

Did you not notice the thing where you can enable pvp?

You want the risk: Enable pvp

Deleted
    Mark my words and quote me on that.
    "It will be just like a PvE server"

Carebear Blizzard in action.
    This decision only makes me see Blizzard ruining the game the more the years pass.

Classic servers are my home. Retail is ruined (for me). This was the last straw.
    Everything i loved about WoW is in Classic (i hope...if they dont mess this up also)

I simply dont care and i wont whine in the forums ever...as long as i have a home in Classic.
    I love when gankers whine. You don't want a challenge or fair fights. You want to gank

BAHAHA SUCKS TO BE YOU

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duckypoo View Post
    My bad, thought you were a different poster.

If it was meant to be fair control and manipulation would be done to make it so. It isn't and has not been in the 13 years this game has been out, therefor it was not meant to be fair.

Wrong. That wasnever the idea of world PvP. That is your idea that you're projecting simply because you don't like PvP.

I actually rarely gank people. A few nights ago was the first time that I've done it in years. It wasn't fun to me at all, but because of another thread where I stated that I would do it, I did. I never got mad about being ganked and I'm smart enough to not get GY camped. I play a PvP server specifically for those risks and the rush is amazing when an actual encounter happens (even if they are several levels higher than me). The people that bitch the most are these carebears that have no experience on a PvP server. They have a mob mentality and repeat things that other people say and invoke anger for that dopamine rush.
    You mad baddy? Can't gank anymore?

Cry me us a river you baby-.

-_- whats with all these feels!!!!! I'm guessing these gankers are pissed that they can't F people up anymore -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maduk View Post
    That implies that you don't PvP if you are solo.
    Since you can do almost anything solo, you will be doing less PvP.
    actually i haven't thought about it but yeah i don't really do any pvp when solo. i prefer premades.