Let's face it: Layering is pretty bad.

Layering is currently necessary due to the high amounts of population in low level areas. However, I cannot ignore a few alarming trends that I have seen:

× The go-to solution for pretty much anything is to change layer. Don't see the mobs you need in a camp? Layer. See enemy player(s) that seem hostile? Layer. Out gathering or trying to find chests? Layer.
    × Economy is getting weird fast some players are deliberately hunting specific items through layering.
    × Practically all chats are full of "layer please" requests because it's simply that good.

The experience of changing layer for basically anything is so anti-vanilla as it can be.

At this point I'd much rather prefer a dynamic respawn system. If layering is left in place for too long, I think it will have long-term damaging effects on the economy.

All in all I feel that when I'm out in the world, I feel like I'm playing on a low-population private server. That sucks.

What is you think?

I feel like see enemy players = layer change and feeling like you're on a low-population private server are two different things. Hell, back during TBC on retail on Alliance Tortheldrin server you could do a /who and find less than 49 people on the results up until there was a resurgence of population sometime mid Cataclysm.

Did you pick a smaller server to avoid the queue? If so, maybe thats it? Personally I see people non-stop. Plus the way they describe layering as a system is a layer doesn't even open up until a population is settled. For there to be so many layers that you feel like you're isolated would be to imply that there are lots of full layers. Its a bit of a weird argument on your end. That said, economy is a legitimate concern for what its worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Genuine question. I just started up last night and saw a lot of talk about layer's. I've played plenty of games that allow for manual transfer between layers/shards/instances. But there doesn't seem to be any way to do that except asking for a invite in chat and hope they're in a different layer. Is that basically how the system is exploited?

There's an existing thread on layering: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...MORE-difficult

Closing this.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis