Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    Losing your job has a far far bigger impact on your life than some person you don't know dieing.
    And if you were the one dying...would you want the ambulance to prioritize finding a more convenient parking space for your neighbour or saving your life?
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-11-12 at 11:23 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by tobiashunter View Post
    Devil's Advocate post:

Ambulance is blocking the driveway of the doctor who is called in on his day off to save the person whom the ambulance is bringing.

Yes a super rare, most likely once in a life time chance of happening, but having the Dr. already at the hospital and ready is better than him showing up off the street. Just my 2 cents. Again, that is why they ask them to attempt to not block driveways. It is a good practice to have, even though it may very rarely come into play.
    So the doctor identifies himself and just hitches a ride on the ambulance where his patient already is and is able to start treating him sooner. =-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    And if you were the one dying...would you want the ambulance to prioritize finding a more convenient parking space for your neighbour or saving your life?
    Look at the name of the person you're responding to. =-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I don't give a shit about their well-being if they fuck me over.
    Thank you very much for your daily demonstration of "How to Identify a Sociopath." Your prize for today is this charming white jacket with long sleeves and snug straps.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post

Look at the name of the person you're responding to. =-)
    I'm aware...I'm just interested to see how (and if) he answers my question. So far, the others I have asked have deflected or ignored the question. I know, that if I were ever in a similar serious medical emergency, I would want the paramedics to be focused more on keeping me alive than how they are going to park the ambulance...but I'm interested in hearing from the people that think that their neighbours driveways are more important than their own lives.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Birmingham"

That's all that needs to be said.

Thank you very much for your daily demonstration of "How to Identify a Sociopath." Your prize for today is this charming white jacket with long sleeves and snug straps.
    I guess if you don't know what a sociopath is, sure.

You still haven't answered my question.

You still haven't answered my question.
    So? You're not obligated to have a response.

I'm aware...I'm just interested to see how (and if) he answers my question. So far, the others I have asked have deflected or ignored the question. I know, that if I were ever in a similar serious medical emergency, I would want the paramedics to be focused more on keeping me alive than how they are going to park the ambulance...but I'm interested in hearing from the people that think that their neighbours driveways are more important than their own lives.
    I'm still kinda stuck trying to fill in the mental gap between the cute Asian girl in her profile pic who looks like she'd fit right in starring in a music video about the beauty of life, love, and the world, with the sociopath who's behind the keys.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    It's not just losing my job, in my case it could mean deportation.
    If you coulod lose your job from being late 1 day because of something like this, then you should look for a better job imo. What sort of shitty employer would do that??

So? You're not obligated to have a response.
    That's true, you are under no obligation to answer. Your silence speaks volumes however.

When it's your neighbour that's dying and you are inconvenienced...your response is "The Ambulance shouldn't have parked there"
    When it's you that's dying and it is your neighbour that is inconvenienced.... your response is "The ambulance can park wherever it wants"

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still kinda stuck trying to fill in the mental gap between the cute Asian girl in her profile pic who looks like she'd fit right in starring in a music video about the beauty of life, love, and the world, with the sociopath who's behind the keys.
    Well, the girl in the pic is from a K Pop band...so you're right about the music video part.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you a qualified psychiatrist who have interacted with her on a personal level and assessed her? If the answer is no, why are you calling her a sociopath? That's something that gets established as a psychiatric diagnosis and I doubt she would fit the criteria for it.

"Psychopathy, sometimes considered synonymous with sociopathy, is traditionally defined as a personality disorder[1] characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits." Standard definition from wikipedia.

Impaired empathy and remorse, well, you'd rather have someone die than have them inconvenience you in the slightest, so big big check mark there. You certainly don't shy away from telling other people you'd rather have someone dead than inconvenience you, so disinhibited, check. Egotistical, with the "I'm the only one who matters and if they get in my way they should die." Check.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Are you a qualified psychiatrist who have interacted with her on a personal level and assessed her? If the answer is no, why are you calling her a sociopath? That's something that gets established as a psychiatric diagnosis and I doubt she would fit the criteria for it.
    See above. ^^

"Psychopathy, sometimes considered synonymous with sociopathy, is traditionally defined as a personality disorder[1] characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits." Standard definition from wikipedia.

Impaired empathy and remorse, well, you'd rather have someone die than have them inconvenience you in the slightest, so big big check mark there. You certainly don't shy away from telling other people you'd rather have someone dead than inconvenience you, so disinhibited, check. Egotistical, with the "I'm the only one who matters and if they get in my way they should die." Check.
    Good thing I'm not a psychopath then.

you'd rather have someone die than have them inconvenience you in the slightest
    I guess if deportation/having to leave the country if you lose your job is a slight inconvenience, sure. It isn't a slight inconvenience though.

Good thing I'm not a psychopath then.

I guess if deportation/having to leave the country if you lose your job is a slight inconvenience, sure. It isn't a slight inconvenience though.
    I'm actually wondering if you actually know how to understand the english language. Since that definition pretty much nailed you on the head with it. And as a bunch of guys said before, just take a timestamped picture proving you were delayed. If your boss still fires you, I'd say you're probably better off not working for such a person. Unless he's like triad or something. The way you keep going on and on about not wanting to be fired, maybe it has another meaning to you than it does for the rest of us.

Problem is you are making an assumption that if you were slightly late for work because an ambulance blocked you in, you would be immediately fired for it.

Also, you are only looking at the situation from the perspective of the neighbour and outright refusing to consider the matter from the perspective of the paramedics, whose first priority is to keep their patient alive, or the patient himself...who is completely faultless.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-11-12 at 12:29 PM.

I'm actually wondering if you actually know how to understand the english language. Since that definition pretty much nailed you on the head with it.
    Psychopathy is, as Nitro Fun noted, a psychiatric diagnosis. Some armchair psychologist on internet can't diagnose someone with it from text on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Does this shit happen elsewhere in the world?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-41953644

Personally I think the ambulance service should boycott the address of the moron who wrote that note
    You think that's bad? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-saving-child/

I'm actually wondering if you actually know how to understand the english language. Since that definition pretty much nailed you on the head with it. And as a bunch of guys said before, just take a timestamped picture proving you were delayed. If your boss still fires you, I'd say you're probably better off not working for such a person. Unless he's like triad or something. The way you keep going on and on about not wanting to be fired, maybe it has another meaning to you than it does for the rest of us.
    I would advise you not to travel further along this path. It's a dead end. You can keep repeating the definition of psychopath to them and they'll just keep repeating that you aren't qualified to make that diagnosis.

I would advise you not to travel further along this path. It's a dead end. You can keep repeating the definition of psychopath to them and they'll just keep repeating that you aren't qualified to make that diagnosis.
    That's because it's the truth. You can't just look at a list and say someone has x condition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Does this shit happen elsewhere in the world?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-41953644

Personally I think the ambulance service should boycott the address of the moron who wrote that note
    Nope, doesn't happen here, for they are doing their job and if they are needed where they are, then the person complaining should shut the hell up.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..