Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'd rather see Ogres be an entirely new race of its own.

And I'm sure they will be. Not during BfA, but whenever they make sense.

Ogres will never be an allied race. Their models are too different from any of the ones we already have, meaning the dev team will have to put much more work into them.

Why do people not understand this?

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Ogres will never happen as an "Allied Race".

They need the full new race treatment.

All of the Allied Races are lazy re-skins designed for minimal work and dollar dollar bills. The only race with any work put into it is Zandalari Troll and they are still 90% Night Elves.

Ogres require a full Model, Skeleton, Rigging, Animations, Updated Dance, Mount etc.

Allied Lazy Races is all we're getting going forward unfortunately.
    I imagine an updated ogre model could work similar to Zandalari where they use the nelf skeleton with a few unique animations (I believe Zandalari at least have a unique death animation). Lore-wise, orcs and ogres are pretty close morphologically and culturally (.i.e. mak'gora) and the WoD models definitely show that. So it wouldn't be a stretch for ogres to utilize some orc animations. I don't see why their dance would need to be updated though except for maybe added face emotes.

As for mounts, Wowpedia states that the racial mount for ogres are clefthooves, but I can just as easily see them riding boars or riverbeasts.

Only if we get playable two-headed ogres!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad to see the site is still up and running. I stop by every now and then. I'm a big fan of getting Ogres into the Horde. I don't know why they still haven't done it yet. It seems like the most obvious race.

Thanks, that means a lot. Despite being a relatively simple site, it hasn't always been the easiest thing to keep going. As it is, this post was originally intended as something for the website, but I was caught off guard by the expansion. The original idea was written as just another pitch, and was altered somewhat to account for the concept of Allied Races. Maybe ogres shouldn't be an Allied Race, maybe they should. I don't know, because I don't know the extent to what Allied Race means yet, and it's very possible this is how we'll get races in the future (such an assumption already seems to be common). Overall, I still mean this pitch to ultimately be a general "here's a story for playable ogres" than an exact implementation, so I hope it doesn't color impressions too much.

I would love to see Centaurs as a playable race in WoW. But, that would require Blizzard to put time and money into designing new assets.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

Seems more like a hord race not aliiance :/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo8 View Post
    Seems more like a hord race not aliiance :/
    eh? obviously...?

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    why everyone wats to be some fat ugly oger whats so special about them ?
    Because:

1. members of the original Horde
    2. no more elves!
    3. they're still part of the current Horde, but aren't active
    4. NO MORE ELVES!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Thanks, that means a lot. Despite being a relatively simple site, it hasn't always been the easiest thing to keep going. As it is, this post was originally intended as something for the website, but I was caught off guard by the expansion. The original idea was written as just another pitch, and was altered somewhat to account for the concept of Allied Races. Maybe ogres shouldn't be an Allied Race, maybe they should. I don't know, because I don't know the extent to what Allied Race means yet, and it's very possible this is how we'll get races in the future (such an assumption already seems to be common). Overall, I still mean this pitch to ultimately be a general "here's a story for playable ogres" than an exact implementation, so I hope it doesn't color impressions too much.
    One nitpick would be with the the handlebar/beard combo, it just looks a little weird on them tbh.

You should look into some pandaren facial hairstyles though, some of them definitely could fit ogres. Other than that though, keep up the good work!

So, as far as ogres are concerned, we have Dunemauls in Tanaris (which have been underutilized considering the questline to acquire them) and Stonemauls under our control (who have last time helped us oust Cho'gall out of Dire Maul), not counting Mok'nathal who are more like giant orcs.
    And since we've been given a hint that Draenor orcs will be coming over, it's likely Highmaul will be joining as well since they were allies with Iron Horde.... forced allies, but still.

And if Azerite is all-powerful as it's claimed, then Highmaul clan can easily use it to cure their lesser cousins of stupidity in some way.
    Last edited by Jshadowhunter; 2018-02-03 at 11:26 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man you like Ogres lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres to be a complete race addition not an allied race, then finally the horde will be complete. Hoping the alliance get high elves which will compliment the alliance getting a fully playable faction also.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Only if we get playable two-headed ogres!

Only if they follow the old April Fool's joke where you had 2 people controlling it! Kinda like how they end up doing with Cho'Gall in Heroes of the Storm... 2 players, 1 body, twice the power!

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Ogre_(...ed_Player_Race

Edit: Actually now that I think of it, as long as you are forced to roll the ogre with a friend, I would seriously kinda like this idea. o_o Just have one person who can control the movement and the other gets a passive extra damage boost to make up for it, making coordination extremely important with the other person.
    Last edited by Sigxy; 2018-02-03 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I like Ogres but they are not going to happen, they are just too big (and wouldn't be able to pass through doors) - and making them smaller would just make them look stupid.
    Ogres are already shorter than both tauren and Zandalari in lore.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2018-02-03 at 03:12 PM.

Deleted
    I don't think the Main unverse Orcs can join at all. But the Draenor ones would ge a possibility to counter Draenor Orcs.

Deleted
    this is awesome

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Don't really care, they aren't in game, and the small Ogre that exist in game look silly.
    you care or not don't matter in the actual game context, they are shorter than tauren and zandalari

they are in the game too, if you go to silithus and loch modan or even in stonemaul clan youw ill find smal "normal" ogres.

i tough this meme was dead in page 7 or 6

Maybe Ogres can share the Kul'tiran animations? (which to my understanding are made from the ground up)... Not sure how well they would fit, I'd imagine kul'tirans stand straigthter and prouder, but also depends on the kind of ogre I suppose, since we saw in Draenor that not all of them are savage brutes.... Not certain smart Ogres have a big fan base, however.