Poll: What do you look for when dating?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akani View Post
    I look for a dude that is moderately intelligent, relatively funny, and has goals. I can't date someone if their life is going nowhere.

I know it's cliche, but looks really don't matter too much to me. The person just has to be healthy, active, and hygienic honestly. I draw the line at obesity and/or yuckmouth which seems pretty reasonable to me.

Edit: Oh, and children. I require children eventually.
    Like 9 or something? Yeah, I want a big family
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Like 9 or something? Yeah, I want a big family
    If we can afford 9 and give them all enough attention to warrant having them, sure. I doubt that'd be even close to possible but I don't have a magic number in mind. That said, probably more like 3-4. When I'm like 35.

P.S.: I hated kids until my nephews were born and now I'm super jelly. I want tiny humans to take care of so bad now. x.x

10+ Year Old Account
    If we can afford 9 and give them all enough attention to warrant having them, sure. I doubt that'd be even close to possible but I don't have a magic number in mind. That said, probably more like 3-4. When I'm like 35.

P.S.: I hated kids until my nephews were born and now I'm super jelly. I want tiny humans to take care of so bad now. x.x

Sounds Perfect I'll be over around 8!

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Sounds Perfect I'll be over around 8!
    I feel like anything above 5 but below an even dozen is a copout. You're nearly there, go all the way. Get a show on... TLC? or whatever that reality TV dumpster fire is called. lol

I feel like anything above 5 but below an even dozen is a copout. You're nearly there, go all the way. Get a show on... TLC? or whatever that reality TV dumpster fire is called. lol
    I'd only consider having a large family if my wife was on the younger side when we start (25 or so). I recall reading that after 35 (or 40?) the chance of birth defects goes up in women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah anything less than 5 is for quitters. But yeah no TLC, I plan to None shall know of our Army until it's too late

Deleted
    Reading this thread brings light to why the world is in its current state right now with the men and women..

Quote Originally Posted by jazzybee View Post
    Reading this thread brings light to why the world is in its current state right now with the men and women..
    You more of a B-C cup guy?

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I'd only consider having a large family if my wife was on the younger side when we start (25 or so). I recall reading that after 35 (or 40?) the chance of birth defects goes up in women.
    Entirely true. I plan on adopting or using a surrogate. I was going to say that's obvious, but I guess it's not that obvious that I'm a gay dude. Regardless. Birth defects especially Down's Syndrome has a strong link with older mothers. Especially older first-time mothers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jazzybee View Post
    Straight dudes liking "epic bewbz" more than any other trait really shouldn't be surprising. Not saying the stereotype is accurate, but most will answer stereotypically if that's what's expected.

1. Looks
    2. Money
    3. Personality

Entirely true. I plan on adopting or using a surrogate. I was going to say that's obvious, but I guess it's not that obvious that I'm a gay dude
    I didn't know that/pick up on that. My bad. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I don't know? I don't plan on dating for short terms but most seem to be that way. Once I think it's not going to work out I end it and move on. Although, I look for certain attributes that challenge me to be better.

Entirely true. I plan on adopting or using a surrogate. I was going to say that's obvious, but I guess it's not that obvious that I'm a gay dude. Regardless. Birth defects especially Down's Syndrome has a strong link with older mothers. Especially older first-time mothers.

- - - Updated - - -

Straight dudes liking "epic bewbz" more than any other trait really shouldn't be surprising. Not saying the stereotype is accurate, but most will answer stereotypically if that's what's expected.
    You better pay them a lot of money for that.

Hotness mostly.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

if for whatever reason (god, i hope not) I would be dating again (though to be honest, the prospect is sounding incredibly unappealing nowadays) I'd want someone a lot like my husband. and i don't mean a carbon copy, i mean in general terms. loving and considerate, intelligent, honest and direct, confident, opinionated but capable of respecting opinions that conflict with his - respectful in general, great sense of humor, a dog person, at least a little taller then me (as I'm 5'3" that shouldn't be hard at all), doesn't have to be super handsome or extremely fit, but should be pleasant for me to look at and touch. the sad thing is... the only thing I'm confident in being able to find with relative easy is someone physically attractive. but that's the least important part so... like I said, dating has been looking VERY unattractive lately from the sort of people I have been seeing around. probably better off on my own, with puppies for company.

Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    You better pay them a lot of money for that.
    Pretty sure surrogates are quite expensive. Even if there was a cheap option I don't think that 'genetic material used for creating my child' would be a good choice for "bargain hunting". You get what you pay for, and I'd like a brand-name baby if that's available. lol

Deleted
    Most important thing, not an American girl. Guaranteed to be sued for sexual arrangement if you just look into her eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure surrogates are quite expensive. Even if there was a cheap option I don't think that 'genetic material used for creating my child' would be a good choice for "bargain hunting". You get what you pay for, and I'd like a brand-name baby if that's available. lol
    Surrogates are around 100k pop pardon the pun, 500K and some change, not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by popotine View Post
    Most important thing, not an American girl. Guaranteed to be sued for sexual arrangement if you just look into her eyes.
    Dont let the world get you down Jimmy. American girls are not like that at all

There is a lot of exploiting of them in southeast asia for low costs.