Page 1 of 25
... LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs up Allied Races Wanted = Ogres + Vrykuls

Two of these races are very popular and i hope blizzard adds them in future patch in new coming expansion BFA.

Vrykul:

Classes: Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Monk, Deathknight, Priest

Ogres:

Classes: Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Deathknight

Wouldnt there also be ogre priests and shamans?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=3#post-51 be sure to bump and post in this thread, let them know how much we want ogres.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i'm not that sure of Ogres, but we may see Vrykuls as their models were really worked out on Legion and they look great, they only need to make the models accept helms models (for both female and male) and how to make them smaller without having them look weird.

Imagine ogres in wsg, they could never go tunnel. My draenei with heroism has problems to fit in.

Actually I don't want Vrykul as playable. I think they're cool as an npc race, a culture we encounter on our adventures but are left to their own devices. I also think that the Kultiran humans being introduced as allied races might be their answer to people who want Big bulky humans (if they do introduce them). And I'd be quite satisfied with that.
    Ogres however, have been in the Horde since warcraft 3. I like them a lot and they were fleshed out a lot in wod and in chronicles. I think they'd be cool either as an allied race or a full traditional new race in the future.
    Honestly, my ideal scenario would be them adding mag'har or mok'nathal now and ogres as a traditional race in a future expansion.

Deleted
    Ogres 100% are able to be Shaman and Monk aswell.

We alrdy seen in lore Shaman Ogres alot and we seen Brewmaster Ogres aswell.
    You can even ask yourself with Cho'gall and the connection with the void (old gods) that they cant be priests aswell.

While I wuldn't rule these out 100%, going off the xis that are announced they're all offshoots of an existing playable race and I'm not expecting to get fullly unique races out of allied races. In fact the fact they aren't fully unique is probably the only reason we're getting six and not two to start with. I would probably expect them to be regular races unless blizz ultimately abandons adding regular new races and only addes allied races going forward.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Since they don't have to make starter zones anymore, I don't rule any of those 2 out anymore in some future content.

Those are even more likely then Naga (only chance they'd make sense is in the Queen'Azshara patch if she's "killable").

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I would probably expect them to be regular races unless blizz ultimately abandons adding regular new races and only addes allied races going forward.
    Removing the need to make new 1-20 starter zones is what makes Allied races flexible, they are adding an Embassy to Orgrimmar/Stormwind too.

Racials/models/animations still have the be balanced/make sense/look good for player-gameplay.

I don't expect either of those 2 tall races to be bigger then a Tauren when playable.

I'd like people to remember Arrakoa and rally for them again. They're beautiful, unique, and interesting. We could have cursed or uncursed as cosmetic options maybe, but I wanna be able to play an uncursed one, and have lots of color options for her feathers Maybe it can have a glide racial not unlike demon hunters (that wouldn't be really game-breaking) and something about the sun since thats a big part of their culture. Maybe some bonus's to intel/casting for similar reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I actually don't want Vrykul. Getting Vrykul would be like getting Earthern Dwarves or Mechagnomes. We may have came from them but we aren't them anymore and some things in WoW need to be left alone so that all of the enemies aren't just us.

Ogres actually make a ton of sense for Horde.

I'm still salty over us not getting Tuskarr so they make a ton of sense for the Alliance, especially with this being a water themed expansion.

But I think for the top of my list it would be:

Alliance = Kul'Tiras Humans (They look so fucking cool. Imagine if you could have a peg leg? It would be very easy to do. Just don't use one of the boots. Blizzard has done this before where they've hidden a single shoulder or the Trolls who don't wear boots at all.)

Horde = Mag'har Orcs (Specifically from the Frost Wolf clan of Draenor since they owe us one and Thrall has some connections.)
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-11-12 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    I actually don't want Vrykul.
    You're actually a very small minority of people who don't.

Getting Vrykul would be like getting Earthern Dwarves or Mechagnomes.
    That this is your reasoning is specifically pretty weird man, people want these things.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    I actually don't want Vrykul. Getting Vrykul would be like getting Earthern Dwarves or Mechagnomes. We may have came from them but we aren't them anymore and some things in WoW need to be left alone so that all of the enemies aren't just us.

Ogres actually make a ton of sense for Horde.

I'm still salty over us not getting Tuskarr so they make a ton of sense for the Alliance, especially with this being a water themed expansion.

But I think for the top of my list it would be:

Alliance = Kul'Tiras Humans (They look so fucking cool. Imagine if you could have a peg leg? It would be very easy to do. Just don't use one of the boots. Blizzard has done this before where they've hidden a single shoulder or the Trolls who don't wear boots at all.)

Horde = Mag'har Orcs (Specifically from the Frost Wolf clan of Draenor since they owe us one and Thrall has some connections.)

I mean, aduh?
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Ogre DK's? Lol no. Shaman? Yes. But no, do not want for playable race.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goldlocks View Post
    Two of these races are very popular and i hope blizzard adds them in future patch in new coming expansion BFA.

Vrykul:

Classes: Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, Monk, Deathknight, Priest

Ogres:

Classes: Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Deathknight

First of all: what race would they be connected to as allied races. Sure Vrykul=humans, but ogres? O.o Just because allied races is the new hot thing, does not mean they have to be aswell.

I would much rather have Ogres and Vrykuls be races on their own, with their own cities and starting zones.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Ogre DK's? Lol no. Shaman? Yes. But no, do not want for playable race.
    Arthas encountered Ogres, if he made weak Gnomes and Goblins into Deathknights then for sure he would turn big strong Ogres into his minions when he moved his army toward Silvermoon.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're forgetting druid and mage for vrykul

10+ Year Old Account
    All those Vrykrul animations are so amazing both for casters and melee. Not sure which faction they would fit in though, probably Alliance since Sylvanas pretty much insulted them all by her antics with Eyir.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    That this is your reasoning is specifically pretty weird man, people want these things.
    Things shouldn't just happen because people want them. It should make sense. We have no connection to any of them anymore.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres should be a race on their own, not some reskin.

Also, Ogre Shadow Priest, dude. Cho'gall can be easily compared to one (his actual class is something like a [very] Dark Shaman but still)