Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Oh no, although vrykul are still pretty high up there on the requests for playable races.
    But ogres come 1st since they have more reason to be the playable race then the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    But ogres come 1st since they have more reason to be the playable race then the former.
    I think they should be introduced together imo.

I think they should be introduced together imo.
    The only way I see Vrykul become playable is if Alliance makes an .... alliance with Sigryn (the mage tower challenge story character) who is now the queen of Tideskorn. But as it is I don't see them having a reason to join.

The only way I see Vrykul become playable is if Alliance makes an .... alliance with Sigryn (the mage tower challenge story character) who is now the queen of Tideskorn. But as it is I don't see them having a reason to join.
    Well Sylvanas tried to enslave Eyir as well as made a deal with Helya, Odyn's enemy. Not to mention that the Horde allying with the Highmountain tauren and Nightborne puts a significant Horde presence on the Broken Isles, which could be very threatening to the Tideskorn.

Deleted
    Vrykul for Alliance and Ogre for Horde as standalone races or allied races coming together in a patch or new expansion could work quite well i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post
    Vrykul for Alliance and Ogre for Horde as standalone races or allied races coming together in a patch or new expansion could work quite well i think.
    As I said before, Ogres had been passed over 2x (3 if counting WoD) on playable race and I don't see them being relevant as the core of an expansion.
    Well, they said they'll release more races as the expansion keep on rolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    I legitimately believe they'll never introduce Ogres as a playable race, only because they've never once come out with a female model. Yea, some folks have suggested there be the option to have one-head or two, but every single race has both genders. Vrykul, Naga, High elves, etc. Every other possible Allied race has both genders.

Also, IMO, I don't think they'll add a 'brand new race' as part of a sub race. Despite the fact that orcs evolved from Ogres, they're pretty and drastically different from one another. Same with Naga. Despite being from Night Elf stock, they're too 'different'.

Vrykul, at least, look similar enough to humans.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    I legitimately believe they'll never introduce Ogres as a playable race, only because they've never once come out with a female model. Yea, some folks have suggested there be the option to have one-head or two, but every single race has both genders. Vrykul, Naga, High elves, etc. Every other possible Allied race has both genders.
    Ogres do have both genders, they just don't have ingame model yet, and this is not a problem since many other races didn't have a female model until become playable, like trolls, taurens and worgens.

Also, IMO, I don't think they'll add a 'brand new race' as part of a sub race. Despite the fact that orcs evolved from Ogres, they're pretty and drastically different from one another. Same with Naga. Despite being from Night Elf stock, they're too 'different'.

Compare ogre to orc be the same as night f and nag ai bit to extreme, ogres and orcs do look much alike, if you see the new models in WoD
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-01-10 at 04:01 PM.

Well Sylvanas tried to enslave Eyir as well as made a deal with Helya, Odyn's enemy. Not to mention that the Horde allying with the Highmountain tauren and Nightborne puts a significant Horde presence on the Broken Isles, which could be very threatening to the Tideskorn.
    Well, I guess, but what stakes do the Vrykul really have, since Eyir can just remain in Halls of Valor for safety? Even before the Legion's arrival they were always there and have minded their own business and are hostile to just about everybody... And since the main conflict now moves back to mainlands, they don't really have any reasons to follow.

It's a different case with Highmauntain Tauren and Nightborne. While I will wait to see the full extent of the story behind HMT involvement with the Horde over Alliance, it's likely because they have more cultural ties with their western bretheren. And Nightborne... well that one is already been laid out and is because they've been locked in a bubble until Legion's arrival and now they're all alone in an alien world and bitch Tyrannde had let them know her intentions.

Also, IMO, I don't think they'll add a 'brand new race' as part of a sub-race. Despite the fact that orcs evolved from Ogres, they're pretty and drastically different from one another. Same with Naga. Despite being from Night Elf stock, they're too 'different'.

You do know that before Cataclysm, worgen only had a male model as well, right? They later added the female one... although with mixed results.
    So what's actually stopping them from adding a female ogre?
    I mean there's a pretty good picture of an adult ogre woman on page 21.

Well, I guess, but what stakes do the Vrykul really have, since Eyir can just remain in Halls of Valor for safety? Even before the Legion's arrival they were always there and have minded their own business and are hostile to just about everybody... And since the main conflict now moves back to mainlands, they don't really have any reasons to follow.

It's a different case with Highmauntain Tauren and Nightborne. While I will wait to see the full extent of the story behind HMT involvement with the Horde over Alliance, it's likely because they have more cultural ties with their western bretheren. And Nightborne... well that one is already been laid out and is because they've been locked in a bubble until Legion's arrival and now they're all alone in an alien world and bitch Tyrannde had let them know her intentions.

Because the Horde and Sylvanas are expansionists, and when someone foreign attempts to assassinate a powerful figure the locals dont tend to insulate themselves and ask to be left alone. Horde are going to be coming for territory on the Broken Isles and the Vrykul are going to be pissed, and under heavy pressure.
    Plus at the very least as far as connection, the Alliance has all the other Titanforged races with whom the BI Vrykul(being Titan loyalists) would find kindred.
    Last edited by raz98; 2018-01-12 at 09:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You do know that before Cataclysm, worgen only had a male model as well, right? They later added the female one... although with mixed results.
    So what's actually stopping them from adding a female ogre?
    I mean there's a pretty good picture of an adult ogre woman on page 21.
    I realize that, and I don't really consider fan art to be something to base any sort of opinion on. Originally, both male and female humans turned into worgen npcs, which made sense all things considered.

The female worgen model is a chihuahua headed abomination for the sake of sex appeal.

**edit: also, they had the perfect opportunity to add female ogres in WoD. They didn't take it, despite the visual upgrades the race got. As soon as Worgen become a PC race, everything got upgraded. Same with goblins
    Last edited by Molvonos; 2018-01-12 at 09:43 PM.

I realize that, and I don't really consider fan art to be something to base any sort of opinion on. Originally, both male and female humans turned into worgen npcs, which made sense all things considered.

The female worgen model is a chihuahua headed abomination for the sake of sex appeal.

**edit: also, they had the perfect opportunity to add female ogres in WoD. They didn't take it, despite the visual upgrades the race got. As soon as Worgen become a PC race, everything got upgraded. Same with goblins
    Again, what exactly is stopping them from adding female ogres? Hell, there's even a canonical picture of one from the Traveler book.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder what racial mounts vrykul and ogres would receive. They seem too bulky to ride orcish wolves, kodo could work but they're already the ironic tauren mount. Personally I think they should either have riverbeasts, boars (breeding stock brought from AU Draenor by adventurers) or thunder lizards as racial mounts.

Vrykul can have musken/runehorns as mounts, since bears imo should be reserved for Amani/Revantusk if and when they become playable.

Deleted
    ogres are cool race, i dont see problem with adding them in, they can use wod models and shrink them down if too big.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...1076144?page=1

I did a topic on the oficial foruns with some ideas and how they could put ogres and vrykuls on the game, if you guys want check out

I put a lot of class/combinations, but this are things who can change

one of the ideas is Vrykul druid, with the Hobbit concept of skin-changer from The Hobbit with Beorn

Ogre paladin would be a warplate, roman legionaries from Goria.

I will edit the topic later, with better suggestions and adding mounts for them.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-01-14 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...1076144?page=1

I did a topic on the oficial foruns with some ideas and how they could put ogres and vrykuls on the game, if you guys want check ou

I put a lot of class/combinations, but this are things who can change

one of the ideas is Vrykul druid, with the Hobbit concept of skin-changer from

Ogre paladin would be a warplate, roman legionaries from Goria.

I will edit, the topic later, with better suggestions and adding mounts for them.
    I like it

But I feel like playable ogres should come from the Stonemaul with the Ogri'la and outcasts from AU Draenor (i.e. Tormmok).

My fanfic idea for playable ogres is Tharg (the implied Stonemaul leader) stumbling upon an ancient Titanic artifact while grieving his dead wife that imbues him with knowledge—some information on the Titans—wisdom and power. At that point becoming the undisputable leader of the Stonemaul (Gortharg) and sending adventurers out across Outland and AU Draenor like recruiting characters like Mog'dorg, Tormmok, Blook, etc, trapping a whole herd of riverbeasts/boars and transporting them to Dustwallow, helping rebuild Stonemaul Village and other things.

Each allied race seems to have their own little hub areas/qausi-capitals so I think rebuilding Stonemaul Village or even having the ogres settle into Theramore and building a coastal city would be good.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like it

But I feel like playable ogres should come from the Stonemaul with the Ogri'la and outcasts from AU Draenor (i.e. Tormmok).

My fanfic idea for playable ogres is Tharg (the implied Stonemaul leader) stumbling upon an ancient Titanic artifact while grieving his dead wife that imbues him with knowledge—some information on the Titans—wisdom and power. At that point becoming the undisputable leader of the Stonemaul (Gortharg) and sending adventurers out across Outland and AU Draenor like recruiting characters like Mog'dorg, Tormmok, Blook, etc, trapping a whole herd of riverbeasts/boars and transporting them to Dustwallow, helping rebuild Stonemaul Village and other things.

Each allied race seems to have their own little hub areas/qausi-capitals so I think rebuilding Stonemaul Village or even having the ogres settle into Theramore and building a coastal city would be good.
    Its a nice idea too, but i think its "too big" for an allied race.

I think the stonemaul and Gorian ogres are the most likely to happens, because would have a "easy' plot, like i siad, helping the stonemaul build a fortified city/port on theramore, or helping to rebuild the Gorian empire on Draenor.

and im clearly biased about Goria, because they look awesome, and the Roman style is pure gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    So my concern is... while I could potentially see them making Vrykul just because of all the modeling they already did for them in Legion, I have doubts about them releasing Ogres without a serious model revamp, and a lore dump about Ogre women. Considering how big Ogre models are, it would be incredibly difficult to make any type of armor look good on them, particularly the "one size fits all" models Blizz artists typically default to (shoulders and helmets aside).

Bearing in mind I'm the sort who thinks releasing Naga would be feasible if they just gave them the Worgen treatment, letting them shapeshift into elves. (I mean hell, Trolls don't even have shoes, and people are concerned about Naga tails blocking armor? Leg armor is just a color map over an extra texture, they could skip the texture. Not like Undead don't already have bones sticking through their armor, so fins aren't an issue either.)

Plus I don't think they should be Allied Races anyway, since Allied Races are basically just there to satisfy Subrace demands.
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    So my concern is... while I could potentially see them making Vrykul just because of all the modeling they already did for them in Legion, I have doubts about them releasing Ogres without a serious model revamp, and a lore dump about Ogre women. Considering how big Ogre models are, it would be incredibly difficult to make any type of armor look good on them, particularly the "one size fits all" models Blizz artists typically default to (shoulders and helmets aside).
    you know, everytime people said ogres are to big i murderer a child.

but no, they are not to big, some models are, but the normal ogre is lower than a tauren, so the playable model would be the same size.

And there is a lot of ogres in WoD using playable armor, it would not be different from put armor in a panda or a tauren.

Bearing in mind I'm the sort who thinks releasing Naga would be feasible if they just gave them the Worgen treatment, letting them shapeshift into elves. (I mean hell, Trolls don't even have shoes, and people are concerned about Naga tails blocking armor? Leg armor is just a color map over an extra texture, they could skip the texture. Not like Undead don't already have bones sticking through their armor, so fins aren't an issue either.)
    its funny you talking how armor could not it ogres but you are ok with nagas.... just pointing, cause for me both work

Plus I don't think they should be Allied Races anyway, since Allied Races are basically just there to satisfy Subrace demands.

These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-01-13 at 09:23 PM.

As for Ogres, I’d love if it’s the Stonemaul, and they make a port city in style of Highmaul where Theramore use to be, hell turn all of Dustwallow in an Ogre city.

The classes I think they should have are, Warrior, DK, shaman, Monk, Hunter, mage and warlock... maybe priest through shadow spec.

As for needing to deal with lady Ogres. All that needs to be done is creating the model, no lore reason needs to be written. It’s not like they don’t exist, Blizz, like most NPC races just doesn’t make female models.

And on the to the topic of “too big” non-sense, like everyone said, they’ll be about as big as a Tauren. And the Vrykul in Stormhiem are barely taller than a Tauren the way it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    ~Snip~.
    That looks like an orc female.