Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    I can't wait to get to 120 and gank all the leveling alliance on kul'tiras who won't be able to escape.
    They'll probably not even flag for PvP so you'll never see them.

10+ Year Old Account
    "omg flying is the only reason i play the game im not resubbing if theres no flying waaaaaah"

*proceeds to buy the next expansion and plays the entire thing while nonstop bitching*

Seems like a trend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And what is even more funny are those who are whinging like 2 year old's over having to wait to get flying, or not having flying from the start would not last one month in vanilla..

As you had to go everywhere by foot, once you reached the required level and if you were rich enough you could have a mount and the only time you could fly was when you got to a flight point and you had to run all over the map to get those..

I like what they are doing as flying should be something that is earned.. And not something that is given to you on a silver platter as with that you don't appreciate it..
    bla bla bla... wow without flying is just a shitty Game

Quote Originally Posted by Cedon View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that we will see "turned pvp on by accident how to turn off help" threads possibly throughout the entire xpac. Some will be lured in by whatever incentives Ion talked about at blizzcon. And even then the ones max level WQing will be easy targets.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    bla bla bla... wow without flying is just a shitty Game
    blablabla game was better without flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    It's not a big deal I just wish it was available immediately as long as you met the requirements. So once you do explore the whole world and hit the max level you get it instead of waiting a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    blablabla game was better without flying.
    then dont fly ?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind the no flying for the first 120 character. But would like to have it on my alts.

Flying should be one of those things that's earned later, but not gated behind time gated content.

Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    then dont fly ?
    Because there's no point in them spending time and resources designing content if it will just be skipped, affecting the very demographic of players that actually enjoy that content, and it forces us to choose between enjoying content or rushing through it to keep pace at endgame. If you don't like world content, just queue for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that we will see "turned pvp on by accident how to turn off help" threads possibly throughout the entire xpac. Some will be lured in by whatever incentives Ion talked about at blizzcon. And even then the ones max level WQing will be easy targets.
    Considering it will have to be done at a specific NPC in Org/Stomrwind (any potentially other capitals) just like level locking, I doubt it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post

If Battle for Legions content is as strong as Legions (or better) - we can hopefully get away with having no flying for even longer this time round.
    Didn't know Legion was "strong content"
    Had less playtime in Legion than in WoD

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Great and welcome news. Ian confirmed during a Blizzcon interview that flying will not be available in Battle for Azeroth at launch. Furthermore, Blizzard will continue with this approach for the foreseeable future in subsequent expansions.

https://youtu.be/DkdTS_8Y61Q?t=37m

Paraphrase of Ion's quote from the link above:

Its great to see Blizzard continue to acknowledge / listen to the community - and not cave in to a small minority of outspoken and melodramatic players who wouldnt know whats good for the game if it hit them in the face - in agreeing that World of Warcraft is a game best played and experienced on the ground. Its as simple as that.

Thankyou, Blizzard.

I think the biggest Flying lesson learnt from Legion is: the better the content, the lesser we need flying and ppl even care about it. The weaker the content (Warlords of Draenor) the more people will be frustrated and bored and grasp at things to complain about andor ways to skip content.

If Battle for Legions content is as strong as Legions (or better) - we can hopefully get away with having no flying for even longer this time round.
    No, its not welcomed news. The no flying crowd is a very small but vocal minority that has always had the option to simply not fly. Anyone promoting no flying should have their account banned and any Blizzard employee supporting no flying needs to be fired.
    Cooler Master H500P Mesh | i7 8700K@5GHz | CLC 280 | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR4@3000MHz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | Samsung EVO 960 500GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | WD Black 3TB | AOC G2460PF 144Hz

time gating flying is one of the many reasons I wont be playing BFA

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    "omg flying is the only reason i play the game im not resubbing if theres no flying waaaaaah"

*proceeds to buy the next expansion and plays the entire thing while nonstop bitching*

Seems like a trend.
    I guess if you call waiting for them to release flying in the expansion, then buying it and playing it while bitching about how stupid it is still having to play the majority of the game nailed to the floor a trend, then sure.

The best part is finding out you have to do every scrap of content because flying has to be a reward for the dopamine addicts of course. If it doesn't have a Skinner's Box mechanic to it, the psychologists at Blizzard dictate that it is not acceptable content and therefor scrapped or reworked to become "rewarding".
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoikis View Post
    Didn't know Legion was "strong content"
    Had less playtime in Legion than in WoD
    Legion was absolutely strong content. If you can't find something to do in legion I suggest you are playing the wrong game. The stories were strong, the content plentiful and many objectives to do. If anything on a freshly dinged 110 its somewhat overwhelming how much there is to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    Because there's no point in them spending time and resources designing content if it will just be skipped, affecting the very demographic of players that actually enjoy that content, and it forces us to choose between enjoying content or rushing through it to keep pace at endgame. If you don't like world content, just queue for eternity.
    How is it being skipped? I'm still doing the quest. I'm still wasting 30 seconds killing each and every mob. I'm still going from quest hub to quest zone back to quest hub.

The fractions of seconds shaved off in travel time going from place to place is absolutely fucking paltry and any game looking to min max that in their gameplay and market it as "important" is looking to do nothing more than milk every dollar and second they can.

The bits of terrain that I'm able to plainly see the amount of effort they put into while flying over? Should not be so utterly important that your endgame revolves around it.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2018-02-06 at 02:36 AM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedon View Post
    Haha I was just about to respond with the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    Legion was absolutely strong content. If you can't find something to do in legion I suggest you are playing the wrong game. The stories were strong, the content plentiful and many objectives to do. If anything on a freshly dinged 110 its somewhat overwhelming how much there is to do.
    There is alot to do in Legion but it is not all good content, Ipersonally have little to no drive to do it. They fixed ap which was great but still have legendaries cocked up. This whole expansion has been an invisible carrot chase to keep you coming back. We had EN a good intro raid to HoV a filler raid to tie up Helya. Then ToS the true final raid of the expansion then moved to anborus the pale in comparison throne. WQ are the same quests just rejigged that you did while leveling. All of the expansion content has been time gates or reused. Blizz is getting away with polishing turds and people eating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    The only story in Legion that was strong was Nightborn and Insurrection. Everything else was run of the mill copy paste in terms of thematics (Stormheim/ToV, Valshara/EN, HM, Aszuna all pretty much throwaway zones and raids in terms of story and aesthetics.)

Broken shore was a waste of a content patch that isn't worth the time spent thinking it was content that should have just been rolled together with Arugs, and Arugs itself is a lackluster planet of 3 zones each more boring and pointless than their grandfather the Timeless Isle.

I understand that you guys are real happy now Blizzard is actually putting content into the game (even though that 10 month content drought certainly looks funny) but you really need to take some objectivity to the quality of what you're receiving for your money, especially when all they do is take the same exact shit and spin it a slightly new way every other expansion.