Deleted

Guardian Spirit underwhelming

I have been trying to like this skill.
    I have tried to talent it and I have tried to use the legendary.
    But despite best efforts it feels very underwhelming.
    The talents and legendaries you sacrifice are simply better and in its untalented for without the ring it is extremely hard to use efficiently.
    Has anyone managed to use it efficiently?

The talent sees some use in M+ when the dungeon has a lot of focused ST bursts dmg (think DHT cat packs - or HoV Lightning casters) you can basically have a get out of jail free card for every other one of those packs on higher keys for you and a party member.
    T
    he leggos is shit but some leggos are just Garbo that doesn't really reflect on the spell

For raids it's incredibly useful because of its ability to be cast on you and a buddy
    With the amount of soaking that goes on in TOS it becomes a 2 for one "immunity" for a decent amount of abilities on mythic and all abilities on HC
    Couple examples:
    You and a buddy solo soaking an infernal spawn on goroth
    You and a buddy solo soaking a puddle on mythic avatar
    You letting someone solo a spear on host and if it doesn't proc your GA It helps heal up the healing absorb
    You and a buddy solo soaking a hydra shot on mistress (tricky but doable)
    Probably the most useful is mythic kj using the healing increase on the healing adds - something truly unique that only holy priests can do!

All in all it has a lot of flexibility - it can be used as a mini lay on hands to save someone who gets spiked down to 5% to make sure they don't die
    Or you can use it preemptively as a standard "tank" cd to soak a mechanic or give someone a bit of a cushion if you aren't sure they will live a mechanic
    In the last couple of raid tiers there has been some sort of mechanic that the the healing boost alone makes me feel good about having such a unique "tank" CDs and its versatility makes it extremely easy to use efficiently!

Deleted
    what problems are you having specifically

Deleted
    Guardians spirit is very very useful, everything Xraychicken said is right, but to add to that you can use it to save a tank on necrotic, since it is a save and sets you to 40% hp, so it is fairly unique in that regard, also you can treat your guardian spirit as a pause button on an allies health bar in m+, especially in high keys where multiple people take huge hits often, you can cast this on the weaker target and focus your healing on another ally, enabling you to do some seriously good heals.

Deleted
    I’m only 2/9 mythic so maybe it will have more uses when you progress further.
    I do find it very hard to time correctly on tanks.
    You need to know that they will not be using a survival CD otherwise it is wasted and it will be on CD for 4 mins.
    And it does not let you soak big meteors on KJ which is the only hard soaking mechanism pre Mythic.
    Using it to solo some mechanics like hydra is an interesting option I had not thought of.