Why has no one created a giant erector set yet?

Imagine a giant erector set where people can build their own homes and everyone uses the same parts and pieces. Once the initial stamped part piece was distributed, there would be solid parts built in the aftermarket, probably at a lower cost than the original stamped pieces. Is this a crazy idea or what in your opinions?

- - - Updated - - -

I would think a standardized fabrication quick set up system would be an awesome progression over 2x4s and nails, My bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Giant erector. Hehe.

I think it's more the cost and challenge of transport that's the issue. There's already a lot of companies that will pre-build smaller sections/walls and put it together at the location.

I have also envisioned concrete giant legos.

3D printed house.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    You been prefab homes that already exist?

No I mean like boards and beams with tons of precise holes drilled into them for the perfect bolt sets?. A giant life sized erector set would save everyone from everything, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    No I mean like boards and beams with tons of precise holes drilled into them for the perfect bolt sets?. A giant life sized erector set would save everyone from everything, in my opinion.
    Because no one would like to live in a house that looked like that.

Probably too expensive.

Deleted
    Probably because people who can afford to build their own home don't want a copy of everyone else's. And while they're not assembled by a giant, one stop robot, most new apartment buildings and some single family houses are built with prefabricated parts. But each part still requires an attention to detail and delicate work that would be too cost prohibitive to replicate with a machine.