Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Classic Vs Classic+

Lets just draw the battle lines please.
    If you want vanilla as it was, with the ONLY additions being server side changes for stability and server performance, you want WoW : Classic.

If you want vanilla but with balance, things fixed / changed, additions such as new models, lfg/lfr ANYTHING other than a pure vanilla experience, you want WoW: Classic+.

now lets just start using those terms, and 90% of the threads on here will die. you are either Classic, or, you are Classic+.

You're Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    If you want vanilla as it was, with the ONLY additions being server side changes for stability and server performance, you want WoW : Classic.

If you want vanilla but with balance, things fixed / changed, additions such as new models, lfg/lfr ANYTHING other than a pure vanilla experience, you want WoW: Classic+.

now lets just start using those terms, and 90% of the threads on here will die. you are either Classic, or, you are Classic+.

You're Welcome.
    What a great suggestion. That way when Blizzard releases Classic in 3 months we can have a version for the purists and a version for people who have no business being in Classic. Everyone wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted

You're Welcome.
    You are welcome for stealing my thread content.

AND;

Sounds good, won't work(unless you want to divide the community even further).

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post

AND;

Sounds good, won't work.
    So any reason why it won't work or do you just go to threads you have no business in and be negative?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    So any reason why it won't work or do you just go to threads you have no business in and be negative?
    You want to play a game with 3 versions?

And how do you relate to it, in terms of community?

You want to play a game with 3 versions?

And how do you relate to it, in terms of community?
    Same way PVE and PVPers have enjoyed separate servers. They don't interact yet play the same game.

You don't think there's enough Purists or QoLers in the community to sustain their own servers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Same way PVE and PVPers have enjoyed separate servers. They don't interact yet play the same game.

You don't think there's enough Purists or QoLers in the community to sustain their own servers?
    Im more like how do they play the same game? One of them have nothing, the other one have it "all"?

And whats the purpose of Classic 2(i prefer calling it that)?

Personally im on a movement against QoLers. That is the EXACT group of playerbase i want Blizz to delete and ban. This is the moment. I wish I had a button.

Deleted

You're Welcome.
    Let's not start using those terms because they aren't accurate.

First of all Classic is Blizzard's name and we have no idea as of yet what it defines, so describing what purists want as Classic is fallicious.
    Second of all if we don't know what Classic defines, we have even less of an idea what Classic+ could define.

I suggest Vanilla copy and paste vs Vanilla 2 but they aren't that catchy

AND;

Sounds good, won't work(unless you want to divide the community even further).
    You are that guy from 4 months ago i was talking to? and he was talking about vanilla vs vanilla+? thats awesome man, how ya going? i didnt even know you used these forums. Hows it going? did you get that rash all cleared up? nm ill ask you when i see you next. Now that i know you are on here though im totally stoked!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    Let's not start using those terms because they aren't accurate.

First of all Classic is Blizzard's name and we have no idea as of yet what it defines, so describing what purists want as Classic is fallicious.
    Second of all if we don't know what Classic defines, we have even less of an idea what Classic+ could define.

I suggest Vanilla copy and paste vs Vanilla 2 but they aren't that catchy
    i defined them for you....for the sake of conversation it is not important what blizzard think they mean, because they are our terms, not theirs. and, that is the point of this thread. to clearly define the two different camps, and give them a name to rally behind so we can stop having 15+ threads every day where everyone argues about what classic is.

But that's not the limit of it either, even if you say you want "Classic" with no "+", that doesn't settle questions like which patch it should be, if content should be released progressively or all at once, or things like what to do about addons...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Im more like how do they play the same game? One of them have nothing, the other one have it "all"?

And whats the purpose of Classic 2(i prefer calling it that)?

Personally im on a movement against QoLers. That is the EXACT group of playerbase i want Blizz to delete and ban. This is the moment. I wish I had a button.
    you dont think classic 2 just sounds like the sequel to classic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    But that's not the limit of it either, even if you say you want "Classic" with no "+", that doesn't settle questions like which patch it should be, if content should be released progressively or all at once, or things like what to do about addons...
    Its not the limit, but it allows you to define which side of the fence you are on. there is a VERY clear divide between people who want a PURE vanilla experience, and then a second group, a MUCH wider threshold defined by those who say they want PURE, but then start adding and removing things, and moving the goal posts. well, to me that is classic+.

Deleted

i defined them for you....for the sake of conversation it is not important what blizzard think they mean, because they are our terms, not theirs. and, that is the point of this thread. to clearly define the two different camps, and give them a name to rally behind so we can stop having 15+ threads every day where everyone argues about what classic is.
    Well it is kinda important Blizzard knows what they mean as they will be reading these forums for feedback. I know exactly what the point of this thread was and I think it's a good idea however, the names you chose are poor for the reasons I listed. If you can't see the confusion between "purists" classic and "blizzards" classic that could occur on a forum, then I don't know what to say. The two names need to be distinct from Classic at least.
    Last edited by mmocd2ad2cb4e7; 2017-11-15 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    Well it is kinda important Blizzard knows what they mean as they will be reading these forums for feedback. I know exactly what the point of this thread was and I think it's a good idea however, the names you chose are poor for the reasons I listed. If you can't see the confusion between "purists" classic and "blizzards" classic that could occur on a forum, then I don't know what to say. The two names need to be distinct from Classic at least.
    did you read the first post? it is clearly outlined what each term means. VERY clearly. you are creating confusion out of nothing. its really very, very simple.

Deleted
    did you read the first post? it is clearly outlined what each term means. VERY clearly. you are creating confusion out of nothing. its really very, very simple.
    I did indeed. However, many people won't and they will be confused as to what people are referring to with Classic. It would make it seem like purists are championing Blizzard's vision for Classic when they are not

You're Welcome.
    This doesn't work. I don't want QoL, I just want broken class balance fixed, thats literally it. Also expanded resolution support would be nice too.

Breaking it down to people who want classic and people who want classic + is stupid. Especially when vanilla is fundamentally broken. You are basically asking who wants to play a broken game or who wants to play current wow locked into lvl 60 content.

I think it isn't unreasonable to expect people to want to play classic wow with more viable options. So if you want to play something outside of warrior, rogue, mage, or a healer, you can and be viable.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    This doesn't work. I don't want QoL, I just want broken class balance fixed, thats literally it. Also expanded resolution support would be nice too.

Breaking it down to people who want classic and people who want classic + is stupid. Especially when vanilla is fundamentally broken. You are basically asking who wants to play a broken game or who wants to play current wow locked into lvl 60 content.

I think it isn't unreasonable to expect people to want to play classic wow with more viable options. So if you want to play something outside of warrior, rogue, mage, or a healer, you can and be viable.
    See this is easy now. you clearly want Classic+, and thats totally ok. THE SYSTEM WORKS!

See this is easy now. you clearly want Classic+, and thats totally ok. THE SYSTEM WORKS!
    Not exactly because he doesn't want the QoL changes instead he wants balance changes. Meanwhile other people want the QoL, but no balance changes. How does your binary help resolve their differences?

Deleted
    you dont think classic 2 just sounds like the sequel to classic?

- - - Updated - - -

Its not the limit, but it allows you to define which side of the fence you are on. there is a VERY clear divide between people who want a PURE vanilla experience, and then a second group, a MUCH wider threshold defined by those who say they want PURE, but then start adding and removing things, and moving the goal posts. well, to me that is classic+.
    Yes, Classic + == Classic 2.

You stole my idea, sit down and be humble.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHammerStrike View Post
    Not exactly because he doesn't want the QoL changes instead he wants balance changes. Meanwhile other people want the QoL, but no balance changes. How does your binary help resolve their differences?
    Just by saying in a VERY confident way(if you are the developer).

This. Is. What. You. Wanted. You wanted Vanilla, here take it.

Try to repeat.

No, I don't want changed game systems. I don't want QoL. Balanced classes aren't QoL. They are integral to a functioning game. I don't want new abilities or anything like that, I want tweaked numbers, maybe slight thought put into classes. IE ele shaman being dependent on flame dot to have better damage, but not being allowed to use flame shock because the raid can't afford the spot on the boss over better dots or debuffs because it isn't competitive. Which makes ele useless to a raid same with enh. Classes that have Mana issues that remove them from raid because there are classes who sustain the same damage without the Mana downtime.

Fixing bad design is not QoL. The bad design comes from an inexperienced developer, who have had 10+ years of experience now. Tweaking numbers only makes sense at this point.

Just by saying in a VERY confident way(if you are the developer).

This. Is. What. You. Wanted. You wanted Vanilla, here take it.

Try to repeat.
    Yes, but we're not at that point yet. Also the OP isn't in that position and I'm interested in how his binary handles there being more than two variants in the system.