Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well I hope they do balance them.

You don't need to gut or change classes to make them viable. Just up a few numbers and down a few others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    There were, just a lot were not very good. With picking your class you also picked a role immediately. Each class had their role already laid out.
    My point exactly

Quote Originally Posted by superhumanj View Post
    Classes might be balanced blue confirmed https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9242036?page=7
    YOU ARE FAKE NEWS! a

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    i still want vanilla to be vanilla, even if i cant play the spec i played for what... 8 years?
    Why? For no reason other than That's how it was?

Why does WoW Classic have to be a literal 1:1 representation of the game for people to enjoy tough progression, unforgiving mechanics, forced cooperation and a true sense of server community? You can have viable specs and still retain all of that.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    It's called classic tho
    "AND YOUR FAVORITE FLAVOR OF ICE CREAM - WELL...IT'S CLASSIC"

It's vanilla.

Classes might be balanced blue confirmed https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9242036?page=7
    You should work in media.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I can get behind the sentiment, but I won't ever agree with that. This also means that Druids in general were only brought to provide Mark and Innervate. The heals were mediocre at best, and Priests being Innervated covered all that was needed for raid healing for the most part.
    But druids had something no order class had, the ability to play every role. It's supposed to be a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none class, and thus I wouldn't expect it to shine in raids. And we have to remember that in vanilla WoW raiding was not the main game, so not everything was balanced around it. I played all through vanilla and never raided, for example.

Who really wants to be the buff guy in the raid?
    The guy who isn't into minmaxing. I think it's great to have easy buffer spots in raids for people who are not top technical players, so you can bring the people that are fun to play with but can't pass the skill bar.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post

Why does WoW Classic have to be a literal 1:1 representation of the game for people to enjoy tough progression, unforgiving mechanics, forced cooperation and a true sense of server community? You can have viable specs and still retain all of that.
    why do you draw an arbitrary line for things that are ok to preserve, and things that arent? everything should be or nothing. everything else is subjective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohhh No you dont.

You wanted Original WoW you get Original WoW.

Only warriors can tank and all players with a heal spec heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Leperix View Post
    But druids had something no order class had, the ability to play every role. It's supposed to be a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none class, and thus I wouldn't expect it to shine in raids. And we have to remember that in vanilla WoW raiding was not the main game, so not everything was balanced around it. I played all through vanilla and never raided, for example.
    Agreed with that. Raiding definitely isn't the only form of end-game, and I value that, however the 'master of none' doesn't apply if you are a raider. In a raid, ideally everyone is getting better gear that allows them to play a better part; whereas gear starts (aside from raw armor) are useless to a Support class because Buffs are built into their talents and kit.

The guy who isn't into minmaxing. I think it's great to have easy buffer spots in raids for people who are not top technical players, so you can bring the people that are fun to play with but can't pass the skill bar.
    I think it's a rare case for someone of low skill knowingly rolling a support class for the intention of raiding at a low skill bar.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-11-15 at 08:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    why do you draw an arbitrary line for things that are ok to preserve, and things that arent? everything should be or nothing. everything else is subjective.
    I don't see why changes that will allow tons more people to continually enjoy a recreation of classic are immediately shunned.

It doesn't hurt my experience to allow someone who loves feral to play feral and not be dogshit. I don't care if it's recreated to 100% accuracy; You can have changes and preserve the core of oldschool WoW, which is the difficulty, the community, the investment in ones character etc.

Letting people play whichever spec they wish doesn't devalue any of that from my perspective. This is not a curation of perfectly preserved history as far as I know.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    Class balance->Content possibly rebalanced -> End of slope.
    Class Balance -> Content rebalanced -> Oops pvp balance is messed up now -> PVP rebalanced -> Oops impacted PVE balance -> PVE rebalanced -> Oops PVP unbalanced -> PVP rebalanced -> And so on forever.

https://goo.gl/forms/rOHYFFp6i74a8or13 If anyone wants to let their voices be heard on what should be changed in classic wow, 23k+ responses so far blizzard will be looking at this.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post

exactly. thats how it was. if you dont want to play how it was, dont play. they are making this server to get in on the market of vanilla players who play on nost and other servers. we want that game back. if they are going to change it, id rather just keep playing on an existing private server which try for an authentic experience (or, not play at all)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    It's called classic tho
    You do realize than Vanilla has never been an official name? The only name that could be official, as it's always what it's been called, is Classic. So when people talk about "classic" they talk about "vanilla" and vice-versa.

It confirms that changes being on the table, is on the table.

As in ... since there's no team in place yet, nothing is on the table. But changes are not something that are already off the table. Like, they've already said they're squashing dc bugs and exploits, so leaving those in for a pure copy/paste is off the table.

For your own health, if you're in the "no changes at all whatsoever" camp, please accept that they've already confirmed there will be changes (exploits, which could be small or big - and dc bugs), and it's clear that it's very possible it will be a mashup version with features/items/creatures/zones/whatever from various patches that never existed at once in a real patch, and that for right now class balance is simply not off the table (and if that's not off the table, what else ?).

We're probably no less than a full year out from Classic (and I'd wager two full years, personally). Save yourself a lot of stress. (and for the record, I'm not in any camp - if there are changes or not, I'm leveling a character to 60).
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Updated

Linking to a poll on classic wow and how it should be handled https://goo.gl/forms/rOHYFFp6i74a8or13 make your opinion heard
    A blue post from their newest forum moderator does NOT mean they're considering it. That's just his opinion on it.

He even Said "I personally think..."

Like holy hell you guys like to blow things out of proportion.

Also if you think forum mods have any sway in development of ANY Blizz game, you are sorely wrong.
    Last edited by SpellCleave; 2017-11-15 at 11:10 PM.

The blue said nothing beyond that it's worth discussing, which basically translates into "ok newbies, feel free to suggest class balance which will not be introduced anyway".

There's nothing actually said abouy rebalancing anything, just that it's good to have a conversation, which is true. Via such conversation you can establish which party are people who really want classic and those who just want 7.2 capped at level 60

PS. Please stop with "classic vs. vanilla". Classic is the term that about half the world were using for vanilla, it's not a new term coined for the re-release by Blizzard. If you think that, you were simply in the camp that used a different term for the same thing.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2017-11-15 at 11:15 PM.

I disagree. It’s still vanilla in the same way post launch patches of vanilla are vanilla. If you wanted to order vanilla with shit on it you wouldn’t ask for a concoction of vanilla and shit. You’d still order vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it wrong to balance classes so you don't have only one class that can tank ect...? I do not accept "ITS NOT VANILLA DUUUUR" as a reasonable answer.