Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hypocrisy of Vanilla Players

This is aimed at the people that want zero changes.

My example will be aimed at Alexsensual, who acts like a little spoiled brat when people talk of about QoL changes. The fact is though, that he is a hypocrite.

Watch his videos, here is one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0oKF-okwRk

You'll notice straight away his addons. We didn't have addons like this in vanilla (one example the UI for party and raid, the range checker didn't work in vanilla). He is already using QoL features in vanilla.

He also promotes addons like Questie.

Do you see this as hypocrisy as well?

Deleted
    Alexsensual is a drama whoring soy boi. People like him are a cancer in the discourse around Classic.

I want Vanilla too, but at this point I wish they'd never announced it before it was ready to play. These entitled crybaby faggots are insane with the level they're taking their paranoia over a VIDEO GAME to.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2017-12-05 at 11:02 AM.

Well ui is one thing, gameplay changes are another. Either way, ignore retards like alexsensual, erfrat or asmongold chanting "NO CHANGES", because they use it as a mantra rather than an actual thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Well ui is one thing
    Couldn't care less about ui cosmetic only. But the grid looking addon tracks range of players correctly, we didn't have a properly functioning one in actual vanilla. It makes a huge difference.

erfrat or asmongold chanting "NO CHANGES", because they use it as a mantra rather than an actual thought.
    I'm sure these 2 will also be using Questie and other QoL addons that makes things easier that weren't available in Vanilla.

I think they need to be called out on it more.

Alexsensual has genuine mental issues and should be ignored

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every "no-change" fanboy is a hypocrit in some way, as i would assume that if we found out a bug/none intentioned QoL thing in Classic they would happely use it. But if a said bug was fixed before release and implamentet as a change they would down rite puke on blizzard.

The phrase "wouldn't be vanilla then, would it?" is so stupid i dont know where to start. Blizzard is making a NEW GAME out of old content, trying to mimic the old style and feel. Things WILL change. I bet it will be hard to re-create the old bugs and "features" of Vanilla if they are re-making the game from the groud up, using the same but updated databases.

Well ui is one thing, gameplay changes are another. Either way, ignore retards like alexsensual, erfrat or asmongold chanting "NO CHANGES", because they use it as a mantra rather than an actual thought.
    I rather ignore people like you

- - - Updated - - -

There nothing wrong with Hypocrisy /thread

When you google asmongold hypocrisy is the first result.He is the king of shit talk.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

5+ Year Old Account
    In terms of coding addons, the vanilla API allows pretty much anything and everything so technically the crazier the addon the more vanilla it is.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post

- - - Updated - - -

There isnt and i cant say much against it. I have read so many of these threads now and i have come to a realization that if they dont just keep it as close to vanilla as possible this idea will fall flat. People wont resub and if they do the little changes will drive to many returning players away. They are safer to do almost no changes but bug fixes. Im a hypocrite as well. I paid for a questing addon in vanilla that was justlike the new quest helper.

After a month of watching this no players has said they wont play if this isnt changed but plenty have gone the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    In terms of coding addons, the vanilla API allows pretty much anything and everything so technically the crazier the addon the more vanilla it is.
    Right? People dont remember the crazy macro options we even had. Like having one button on your action bar with which you could circle through your rotation. Or the healingBOT addon? Just because it kinda looks better from an art perspective doesnt mean its more powerfull

When people talk about vanilla, they talk about how it's been on Nostalrius. The Nost players were the loudest crowd that got the attention of Blizzard and made the whole thing possible. Noone wants a bug ridden pre 1.12 talents vanilla.

The people that made it possible want basically Nost back.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thsoern View Post
    Right? People dont remember the crazy macro options we even had. Like having one button on your action bar with which you could circle through your rotation. Or the healingBOT addon? Just because it kinda looks better from an art perspective doesnt mean its more powerfull
    Yeah, and lets not forget decursive, pallypower etc. Oneclick addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    When people talk about vanilla, they talk about how it's been on Nostalrius. The Nost players were the loudest crowd that got the attention of Blizzard and made the whole thing possible. Noone wants a bug ridden pre 1.12 talents vanilla.

The people that made it possible want basically Nost back.
    And what is the wrong with that? Nostalrius was a VERY good representation of old vanilla (although with 1.12.1 talents). I played on Nost and I havnt had that much fun in WoW since actual vanilla. It really was quite an experience.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

If you want changes, ask Blizzard for Classic+

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    [...]

Do you see this as hypocrisy as well?
    What about people who come on a forum of a game they are not interested into just to troll ? Is it hypocrisy ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Im a hypocrite as well. I paid for a questing addon in vanilla that was justlike the new quest helper.
    No to be (too much of) a jerk, but PAYING for this is more "stupid" than "hypocrite".
    (on top of robbing yourself from the fun of actually adventuring, but then I never understood the concept of quest add-ons)

There are even idiots (and yes, i call them idiots) that are against colorblind-options that are only visible to them because it's NOT IN VANILLA.

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post

And what is the wrong with that? Nostalrius was a VERY good representation of old vanilla (although with 1.12.1 talents). I played on Nost and I havnt had that much fun in WoW since actual vanilla. It really was quite an experience.
    Nono, don't get me wrong. I also prefer that version. It has the right balance of qol and true vanilla feeling.

I just get annoyed by all the people that crawl out of their holes and demand/say that vanilla is 1.00 with absolutely no changes. Most probably don't even realise that Nost had some changes to the "true" vanilla.
    But the whole thing is a clusterfuck anyways and we will see what Blizz is going to do in the end.

What are you guys talking about... WE HAD CTraid Assist/Raidframes.. we had an addon similar to Grid... which was very heavy and imo buggy. We had indeed decursive and pally power (to swap seals and buff) - We did have a range checker .... not sure if this addon was in the game long, but we did have one (at C'thun for example). We had Questhelper or something similar that made questing easier. I am not saying I used many of these. But we did have those.

The thing is... Addons are fine to have. It is the players choice after all. Much like no one cares if you have a "new graphics" option or "new characters" option. As long as it is optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    What about people who come on a forum of a game they are not interested into just to troll ? Is it hypocrisy ?
    I wouldn't say so, you're just being a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by mich4el View Post

- - - Updated - - -

True, you prove that in your sig quite well <3 then again, here I am feeding a troll...