Do I need a new MOBO?

So Wondering if my motherboard is the issue Im going to try and summarise what has happened to my secondary PC.

First BUILD
    M5A99FX PRO R2.0 https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboa...A99FX_PRO_R20/
    Phenom II965 Just upgraded to FX 8350
    8GB DDR3
    GTX 950
    HDD 7200RPM
    ThermalTake 650W
    BITFENIX BFX-NOV-100 CASE

My phenom ran VERY hot because of the awful case I have, so I got a EVO for a cooler.
    Then Destiny 2 wouldnt let any CPU without SSS3 play their game so I upgraded to 8350 and EVO now cools it very well.
    Then my 750TI died so I had to upgrade to a 950.

So the issues. Sometimes when I start up my computer, it will no signal but everything is on inside the case and running steady.
    So I turn it off and on. still nothing everytime I hit the keys to enter the bios to see if that at least works.
    Typically on the 5-6th try of turning it on instead of black no signal screen ill be able to enter the bios
    From here I boot to HDD and everything works fine.
    Other times A red written screen comes up saying 3 KEYBOARDS 1 MOUSE 0 HDD enter boot menu and choose my hdd and everything is normal.
    ( I have tried to choose boot sequence to make that HDD first )

It normally happens when i have to unplug the PC from the back and move it somewhere, but sometimes it just decides to act this way. I can go weeks without this issue or happens daily. but like I said usually when I unplugg and move it.

Last issue. My WIFI adaptor at the back will stop working, I have tried three different ones.
    Randomly it will stop blinking or working and a simple re plug in will fix it.
    Sometimes replugging it in ( id say 15th time ) it will restart my PC for me.
    I have did drivers and every video I can find online for random things to make this wifi stay steady and not die for days at a time.
    This also happens weekly or daily or monthly.

Sometimes it does not detect or when it does, it wont connect.

Any suggestions are these MOBO issues or?

Check for inflated capacitors, change MCP thermal paste. AM3+ platform is trash in general so you can have any issues you can think of pretty much.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

15+ Year Old Account
    @Thunderball giving advice without asking a few questions to try and understand better is just bad advice. Way to make the OP feel good about his rig, just because he doesn't own what you do doesn't make it shit. he has what he has, help instead of criticising.
    @BetrayedOf52

A few things.

What OS are you running?

Have you updated the bios?

Have you checked temps when these issues arise?

Is your wifi card pci or pci-e?

When you unplug it does the bios reset to defaults? (Check MB battery)

That board actually gets good reviews. here is one if your interested.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    @Thunderball giving advice without asking a few questions to try and understand better is just bad advice. Way to make the OP feel good about his rig, just because he doesn't own what you do doesn't make it shit. he has what he has, help instead of criticising.
    @BetrayedOf52

A few things.

What OS are you running?

OS is windows 10 standard
    I have not updated the BIOS I was always told it could mess things up so iv never done so
    Temps I have checked they are all good now of days during and after the problem
    and the WIFI is USB based https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Is the one im currently using, My old one was https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but I replaced it thinking it was the issue. but it works fine on my other PC.
    I did pull out and put back in the MB battery awhile ago, but havent recently

15+ Year Old Account
    It almost sounds like a driver issue, make sure you have the latest drivers for your motherboard, Windows 10 drivers can be meh. Not always, but they will sometimes use generic drivers.

Also do a bios update, or at least see what bios you have and then check if the updates ones have anything to do with your issues. Updating the bios isnt going to crash your pc unless it powers down during the update.

Make sure your mb battery is good as well, easy way to check it is set up your bios and then unplug the power cable for about 5 minutes and see if it all gets reset, if so you need a new battery. They are cheap.

I hope some of this helps. After re-reading you original posts it does seem like your bios is getting reset when it loses power.

I would test the battery, update bios and then all drivers especially usb. Then see how its doing.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    @BetrayedOf52

A few things.

What OS are you running?

Please read my post again. You evidently did not.

Also, read OP post again. He had cold boot issues, which make first four questions in your post irrelevant.

Lastly, problem is not this specific board, problem is how AMD designed AM3+ platform (it's in the post again). There is a whole lot of boards that shouldnt exist in the first place (that's true for some X79, X299 and B350 aswell) due to insufficient VRM and MCP cooling.

@BetrayedOf52 your WiFi issues are most likely a result of MCP overheating, this problem can also result in disappearing drives and USB devices. I suggest start with changing the thermal paste, and if that's not enough look getting a fan pointed at a MCP heatsink.
    Last edited by Thunderball; 2017-11-17 at 10:58 AM.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    With the issues of not even posting/getting to bios several times, it could be a Mobo issue.. However I would bank more on the ThermalTake PSU. If you have an opportunity to test it, either at a shop, or with a spare, I'd try that first. ThermalTake PSU's are hit and miss. Some are good, but there are a larger portion that are pretty awful. I see more dead TT PSU's than almost any other 3rd party brand.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab