Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    I could clarify that if they are going to pick a side, I have no problem with it being Horde, because of the Blood Elves. I play both factions. Seeing them join the Horde will make perfect sense to my Tauren and Troll. It's just going to feel weird, I think, for any Alliance player who's into the lore at all. It will for me when I'm on my Alliance toons.
    I kinda agree with this tbh. It DEFINATELY feels weird to now be "enemies" of the Nightborne after spending so much time fighting for them. Suramar was the most involved zone in Legion and a significant time investment playing through that. I haven't done the whole thing on all my toons but I have on at least three of them and it feels weird to know they will be horde in BFA.

However, I can see that IF they are picking a side it makes more sense for it to be Horde as they are similar to the Belfs in many ways. Yes, the same can be said about the High Mountain faction - they are after all Tauren. Personally I would have very much preferred that they DIDN'T make factions like this that we have helped on both factions - playable at all. Whatever the connections with a particular faction - it still feels weird and unnatural that they would actually choose EITHER side - even though there may be more reason to go with one than the other. BOTH sides helped them - they trusted and were rewarded for their trust in BOTH sides. I don't think they would want to alienate one faction when they can have the best of both.

I should add that I do play both Horde and Alliance so this isn't "anti horde" speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Well,gameplay wise,ofc any Alliance player can say "BUT I SAVED THOSE JUNKIES".But when you compare the nightborne to the kaldorei and the blood elves,they are like night and day.In general,the nightborne are the same as the highborne,but their difference is that they have been "preserved" under the dome for years.The same aristocratic way of life and love or magic.The kaldorei are all about the nature,preserving the wilds and forests,while the blood elves have never turned their back to their heritage - remember,that the blood very originally the exiled highborne. It's normal,that the nightborne have more in common with the blood elves,than with kaldorei,but keep in mind,that a small group of the original highborne rejoined their kind in Darnassus.
    Thats all true but a complicated way to to explain in Blood elves and Nightborne are just cousin elves who have had very similar experience. Coming from the same night elf ancestor experiencing the need for magic having ur race decimated by the legion. Blood elves and NB are two sides to the same coin while Nelves are their ancestors who resent both of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Well, TT and Suramar are Legion content, it's in its own time capsule and won't be affected at all. At best there'll be phased/instanced scenarios in said zones which won't affect real cities.

Just like Quel'Delar quests in SWP in WotLK.

-- edit #1

Basically, if you go back to Argus or Broken Isles in BfA, you simply go back in time before Nightborne joined the Horde and obv before Lightforged space goats joined the Alliance.
    As Lightspark said gameplay story in WoW in game is tied to level unless its re-edited like in cata. When you are a level 70 character your "time" is in BC. So places from xpacs reflect the existence from their respective levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    Ok I get that game play does not equal lore, and EVERYONE who played through Suramar - every Horde player as well as every Alliance player - was responsible for saving the lives of the Nightfallen, liberating the city, and defeating Gul'dan... But it will still feel strange, remembering all I went through with them to see them forget all that and go to war against us (speaking for my Alliance toons here).

I guess Highmountain and the Lightforged fit into this category too, but neither feels as strange. Both are clearly connected to races already in those factions, and tbh I didn't find their quest lines as compelling. I don't feel a close connection to Turalyon or Ebonhorn the way I do to Oculeth and Thalyssra. Suramar was, imho, the best zone Blizz has ever done and I will always remember it fondly.

Not something that will keep me from enjoying the game, but it will feel strange.
    Nightborne had most respect for Blood Elves.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Thalyssra thought Liadrin was hotter than Tyrande and joined the Horde to get in her pants obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    Well considering how Nightborne abandoned their own people who were fighting to save their world and later getting aid from those same people and becoming their enemy, it is betrayal to me. Maybe stabbing from behind is a better replacement.

And yes Tyrande doesn't care that much about the Nightborne but she nevertheless helped them to reclaim their city and at the end she hoped that they will learn to live without the corruptive power of the Nightwell. To her, the Nightborne were a race of selfish people who turned their back to their own kin in WotA and lived in peace for 10 thousand years while using and drinking the blood of Azeroth to sate their addiction as the result of their hunger for magic (something the night elves have big problem with) and reappeared by joining the legion and creating trouble.

And about the reason, there are a lot that can be made. For example, some night elves started to assassinate few nightborne because during the war against the legion the Nightborne were summoning Saregras to Azeroth, doing the same thing Azshara did in the WotA. Lots of reasons can be made to explain this.

Don't worry about the reason, Night Elves were always at Blizzard's sacrificial altar to improve other parts of the lore.
    We've had this exact same conversation before :L

I think we agree that it'll most likely be Allaince aggression (most likely from Night Elves) that will make Nightborne join the Horde. We can discuss the merits and sense of those story lines when we know more.

This is strange explained right now by Blizz but i hope they fix some parts of the lore holes.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems pretty obvious that its only going to be a subfaction of the Nighborn that migrate to Horde. A faction led by Sylgrin who are interested in adventuring beyond their former prison-city and learning more about practical magic and the world in general alongside the one faction that they truly empathize with: The Blood Elves.

The main host of the Nightborn will almost certainly remain a neutral faction in Suramar focused on rebuilding their city and curing those still afflicted by mana addiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    It seems pretty obvious that its only going to be a subfaction of the Nighborn that migrate to Horde. A faction led by Sylgrin who are interested in adventuring beyond their former prison-city and learning more about practical magic and the world in general alongside the one faction that they truly empathize with: The Blood Elves.

The main host of the Nightborn will almost certainly remain a neutral faction in Suramar focused on rebuilding their city and curing those still afflicted by mana addiction.
    Except Thallysra is the one who is in talks with liadrin to join the Horde, silgyrn was just her ambassador /etc

Much like the army of light goes Alliance, Surumar goes Horde
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Except Thallysra is the one who is in talks with liadrin to join the Horde, silgyrn was just her ambassador /etc

Much like the army of light goes Alliance, Surumar goes Horde
    Its Silgryn that Liadrin is talking to in the Vindicar. And if you read his last reply it does not look like he is speaking on behalf of Thalryssa when he says "You have given me much to ponder."

(This is not my image, i found it in a quick google as the first or second result)
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-11-16 at 02:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Its Silgryn that Liadrin is talking to in the Vindicar.

[img]https://i.redd.it/56nhdejasluz.jpg[img]
    BFA demo had liadrin talking about finishing talks with Thal to bring the NB into the Horde, at which sylvanas tells her good job. Basically silgryn was Thal’s faction scout
    Holy shit lol

It's WoW storytelling at its finest (which is shit).

"It is in their nature."
    - Chen Stormstout

I mean, it's hardly the first time. Horde had to kill the Dragonmaw Clan after getting Exalted with them, and whatever aid you provided to the Kirin Tor didn't stop the Purge of Dalaran. Player actions aren't really canon most of the time, and the Nightborne have clearly more in common with the Horde, given that their story mirrors the Blood Elves and they're outcasts seeking allies in a world that does not really want them.

We'll see if the quest to recruit them at least tries to explain why they would actively take up arms against the Alliance. Then again they never explained why Death Knights or Pandaren massacred each other in PvP so who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    If Tyrande held a grudge or anything similar to them she wouldn't bother to come to Suramar.
    Pretty pretentious to say that when her reason to liberate Suramar had clearly much to do with Suramar itself and what the city means to her, giving literally two fucks about the people living in there.

the army of light goes Alliance
    Reading this feels so damn good. I still have shivers thinking at Velen's vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Thalyssra thought Liadrin was hotter than Tyrande and joined the Horde to get in her pants obviously.
    Headcanon accepted. But I thought you were shipping Liadrin with Lor'themar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    My theory is that both tyrande and liandrin were to show themselves on a meeting trying to negotiate with nightborne but while tyrande was on her way, malfurion started screaming "Tyrande where are you ? I need you" and she went home to babysit him and never shown on the meeting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    My theory is that both tyrande and liandrin were to show themselves on a meeting trying to negotiate with nightborne but while tyrande was on her way, malfurion started screaming "Tyrande where are you ? I need you" and she went home to babysit him and never shown on the meeting.
    This, plus Illidan was keep yelling ''You are not prepared!......for this meeting, Tyrande''.
    Stormrage brothers are to blame for this negotiation failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Headcanon accepted. But I thought you were shipping Liadrin with Lor'themar?
    Can you ship canon romance? Is that a thing? Because canon wise Liadrin and Lor'themar already like each other. Headcanon is Thal and Liadrin though.

Either way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpqmoBYkQfc from the NightborneXBlood elf negotiation room.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-11-16 at 04:47 PM.
    Holy shit lol

Yes, it's weird.

I mean, I predicted the nightborne would join the Horde a long time a go. But I didn't expect the war. It's one thing to join the faction you have most affinity to while being neutral to the other faction. Liking one side does not mean you hate the other.

But they'll join under a war. So, they'll be making a deliberate choice to attack the other side, and that feels really weird. In a peace situation, nightborne going Horde would feel natural. Under war, it feels like a betrayal.

Yes, Tyrande was cold and less caring towards the nightborne, but that is no reason for go to war against her. The night elves did help the nightborne in the end, even if it was out of necessity rather than compassion. The night elves helped save the nightborne and their city, just for the nightborne to join the faction that will burn the night elves' homeland.

I guess there will be more events during the recruitment questline. I bet Alliance and the night elves will go chaotic stupid for no reason, thus giving nightborne an excuse to fight them.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    This, plus Illidan was keep yelling ''You are not prepared!......for this meeting, Tyrande''.
    Stormrage brothers are to blame for this negotiation failure.
    Tyrande "Im atta diapers"