Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Artifact Appearances Are Spec Locked

Sorry holy paladins, Elemental shamans, etc. Good luck finding a 2 handed healing mace to transmog into the silver hand or a fist and shield for elemental. Artifact appearances are spec locked.

Edit: Abit of an overreaction, but i hope this changes. We have the power to change this. Let our voices be heard. Because weapon drops are a thing, there are certian combinations that are really rare. i know blizzard doesnt want people ignoring weapon upgrades because they cant be mogged to your artifact. Making them class wide, eases things up. I'm sure this'll also encourage them to make cooler weapons that arent artifacts. Tho the argus weapon mogs were nowhere near as cool as the artifacts, except one of the staves and 1-2 antorus raid drops.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2017-11-16 at 08:09 PM.

They could just allow those classes to transmog 1h and a shield into the 2 hander artifact for example holy paladins, pls calm your autism.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-11-16 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Where was this noted?

They just need to allow people to transmog any appearance they can use any weapon(s) they want. I'm fine with spec specific artifact appearances, but it's going to suck for people who love their artifact appearance to lose access to it for the entire expansion because the specific weapon type doesn't exist, or they never get to drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

They seem to be restricting things just for the sake of restricting things. I don't understand, it was ME who is playing the spec, not my friend, or my family or anyone else. Why are there these arbitrary restrictions? There are some neat Vengeance warglaives that I may want to use as Havoc later on, or vice versa. What is this?

An absolute crap decision that underscores how out of touch they are with the community.

That's lame. I was looking forward to wielding the Holy 2H Mace as Ret in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Xloudman View Post
    An absolute crap decision that underscores how out of touch they are with the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by loppy88 View Post
    They seem to be restricting things just for the sake of restricting things. I don't understand, it was ME who is playing the spec, not my friend, or my family or anyone else. Why are there these arbitrary restrictions? There are some neat Vengeance warglaives that I may want to use as Havoc later on, or vice versa. What is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    That's lame. I was looking forward to wielding the Holy 2H Mace as Ret in BfA.
    Okay but...do we have a source? OP just made a declaration without any citations and I'm not seeing anything on the Front page.

Where is this information coming from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Okay but...do we have a source? OP just made a declaration without any citations and I'm not seeing anything on the Front page.

front page of MMO-Champion.

Kinda wanted my DK to have that corrupted Ashbringer mog but oh well i guess...

Can't say it was unexpected, but it is pretty lame.

I get keeping them class specific, but spec specific? What's the point other than to limit options?

10+ Year Old Account
    Submit feedback to them on the wow forums or on twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Currently the plan is for Artifacts to be spec restricted when it comes to transmog.
    From Watcher's Q&A session today.

"Plan" it says. If you want them to change their plan you should say so in a constructive way here and on the Blizz boards. Even on Twitter if you do that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it makes sense that they'd be class specific and anyone who thought otherwise is a gigantic retard.

Spec specific is kinda meh though, was looking forward to use the Hidden holy hammer as Ret :<
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post

from the Q&A, you think you'd be the only one smurt enuf too ask for a source if the rest of us hadn't been watching?

I was expecting it to be class restricted, but spec restricted seems a bit unnecessary. So basically, I can't use any of the Arm's appearances in fury, nor can I use any Holy paladin's 2h mace in ret, even though they can use the same weapon type.

Can't say I'm a fan.

i really hope this changes I love the way the MM hunter weapon looks but i cant stand the play style.
    on the other hand the BM weapon looks like garbage but the play style is decent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really surprising.. I'm more surprised people are actually surprised by this.

Deleted
    People only complain for the sake of complaining.

You are currently playing an entire expansion where it is indeed the case, that you can only equip the Artifact which belongs to your spec.
    WHY the fuck would you change that beyond Legion?!

This just does not fit spec fantasy at all. I would never want to equip that weird "Barrel on a stick"-Artifact Brewmaster Monks wear on my Mistweaver. It. does. not. fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Not really surprising.. I'm more surprised people are actually surprised by this.
    The fact is that there isn't anything else with a similar restriction. Think about the dps specs with multiple specs and blizzard's terrible record of balance. In a post artifact world, why shouldn't a mage who loves frost be able to transmog to ebonchil when they're playing fire, a MM hunter transmog to thas'dorah when they have to play BM, or a destro lock not being able to transmog to their scepter when they play aff.