Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What if i complete all Mage tower challenges, why should i pass that skill/gear challenge and be locked to only use those skins on said specs?

The Frostfire and the mage tower from the Frost mage are the best skins and i want to use them on all 3 specs.

Why must i be locked when i earned those skins?

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Neither do the majority of all transmogs.

It's a legitimate complaint, people like you complained about transmogging becoming a thing before it was ever implemented. Glad they didn't listen.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the same sentiment anti-transmoggers had in Cata. But it never came true.
    Thank you. At least someone gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    If I as a BM hunter want to use the MM bow? Or if I want to use the fire mage sword as an arcane mage? Or if I want to use the prot weapons as holy? Or any of the other class weapons that look awesome for the other specs
    It's funny 'cause the hidden fire mage artifact skin could be an easy fit for an arcane mage, too. Same for holy pala hammer for retribution.

As a Holy Paladin, I hope that we remain consistent to the artifact/weapon scheme established in Legion, and will continue that trend in Battle for Azeroth.

I literally changed an xmog appearance that I had for 5 years to create the current xmog appearance to fit the Silver Hand (which is pretty cool imo).
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

I really hope this gets changed. Having spec-specific transmogs is a huge bummer.

Also, it doesn't make sense, if they are going back to Weapon drops, it means i can end up with a Frost Mage with Sword and Off hand while the artifact skin are all staffs, priests the same,

It was obvious from the very beginning.

well thats a shame, now i cant use my reinhardt holy pally hammer for ret, which is kinda BS

If you were given an unorthodox weapon for your spec in legion, then those appearances you've unlocked probably won't see much action. And instead of using skins from your alt specs that you've earned & unlocked, you won't be able to due to this restriction.

Besides, there's quite a few fiery/red tinted Frost mage staves that could easily be used for a fire mage, and several Dark/Shadowy priest staves that a shadow priest could use.

But as it stands, shadow priests were given a Dagger (which can only be transmogged to other daggers) and fire mages get a 1hsword and an off hand. How many caster daggers do you think there'll be in Bfa compared to the amount of staves you'll come across? The same with caster 1handers & off hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    It was obvious from the very beginning.
    Beginning of what?

At the beginning of the expansion we didn't even know that we were going to keep the appearances as transmog.

And at the beginning of the announcement that most skins were going to be carried over, they didn't give any information that would hint it being spec locked. How can something be "obvious" if there is no data to support it.
    Last edited by Handsome; 2017-11-16 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome View Post
    Beginning of what?
    the beginning of the expansion

we didn't even know that we were going to keep the appearances as transmog.
    yeah sure they made fuckton of skins, built a tower to get even more just to throw them all away, kinda explains why you weren't able to figure out why it's obvious though

upd. but hey maybe with enough twitter tears this can be reverted, you go fellow forum user you go
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2017-11-16 at 11:28 PM.

I really look forward to using the hammer artifact as ret.

Well that's really lame, I understand class fantasy and restricting them to class, like tier sets, but "spec fantasy", really? I never even used the option that transmog can be made spec specific, I design a transmog for a character and I want to have fitting weapon which I can use in all specs. Some specs need different weapons (prot warrior needs 1h + shield while dps warrior needs 2h weapons) but in case of specs that could use the same weapon (warlock of all specs can use a staff) it's really weird you'd have to trasmog that weapon 3 times to match each spec.

And yeah, some classes like warlock, paladin or hunter don't even have clashing spec fantasies, unlike let's say holy priest and shadow. How is it a problem that a demo lock would use destro artifact look or a bm hunter would use mm bow. Sounds like unnecessary restriction "because we said so".

make them atleast class specific...

I mean, duh.

They were spec tied in Legion, why would that change?

"GUYS LEGION'S OVER, EVERYONE GRAB AN ASHBRINGER!"

Seems like it'd be stupid to open up the mog to every class. I don't know how anyone could have expected things to be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydindril View Post
    People only complain for the sake of complaining.

You are currently playing an entire expansion where it is indeed the case, that you can only equip the Artifact which belongs to your spec.
    WHY the fuck would you change that beyond Legion?!

This just does not fit spec fantasy at all. I would never want to equip that weird "Barrel on a stick"-Artifact Brewmaster Monks wear on my Mistweaver. It. does. not. fit.
    Well, if you paid some attention to comments other than your own, you would notice that nobody is talkiong about your "Barrel on a stick" and most people are focusing on the paladin and warrior appearances, amirite? Because using the 2H holy mace as a retribution paladin would be one of the coolest things ever. I also don't expect them to make the artifact appearances class specific, after all they were created and intended to be spec specific. But I will wet my panties if we can smash things with The Silver Hand as retri paladins. Plz make it happen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Khadgar View Post
    Agreed. I don't know why it makes a difference. I should be able to use the holy/disc appearances as shadow, if I'm using a staff. I EARNED them as a priest. And I'll be damned if I'm going to stick with MM on my hunter just to use the bow appearance, which is the only reason I grudgingly switched to MM to begin with.
    That signature is badass.... is it from some Blizz artwork or?

7+ Year Old Account
    I don’t know why people are losing their shit. This is how it works right now.

How is this going to work with the transmog system?

Let's say on my priest, I apply the Holy appearance to my new 120 staff. Then, I respec to Discipline. What would happen to the staff? Would it become unusable until I switch back to Holy? That would be weird seeing as though the weapon would not be a Holy-specific piece of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    Seems like it'd be stupid to open up the mog to every class.
    Class =/= spec.

No one asked to unlock them for other classes, just for other specs of the same class.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-11-17 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Class =/= spec.

No one asked to unlock them for other classes, just for other specs of the same class.
    Hard no.

Not a big deal anyways. It was spec locked in Legion, makes sense to stay that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    I don’t know why people are losing their shit. This is how it works right now.
    But they should change it to suit my whims, that's how feedback works right? I say I want something and it happens?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chasavaqe View Post
    How is this going to work with the transmog system?

Let's say on my priest, I apply the Holy appearance to my new 120 staff. Then, I respec to Discipline. What would happen to the staff? Would it become unusable until I switch back to Holy? That would be weird seeing as though the weapon would not be a Holy-specific piece of gear.
    Transmog has the option to be spec specific, it would probably default to that option for weapons.

No doubt in that case when you swapped specs it would just change to have no appearance rather than the holy artifact staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Not really surprising.. I'm more surprised people are actually surprised by this.
    Same.

I think that's the way of Blizzard making us get more attached to our characters and make them matter more than "disposable_alt_069", which I'm pretty into. Reinforces the avatar/persona feeling and the RPG aspect, even if a little.