Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Driht View Post
    Don't all humanoid races (on Azeroth) descend from Trolls, Elves and Humans? There should already be cross-races like Nelf and Troll?
    Not even close. Tauren, Gnomes, Dwarves, Pandaren... all humanoid, non of them descended from any of those 2(Trolls already covers Elves).

Quote Originally Posted by Driht View Post
    Don't all humanoid races (on Azeroth) descend from Trolls, Elves and Humans? There should already be cross-races like Nelf and Troll?
    What Huth said but also nothing is descended from Elves or Humans (specieswise).
    Humans are descendants from Vrykul who are titanforged in origin, Dwarves from earthen who are also titanforged in origin, Gnomes from mechagnomes who are also also titanforged in origin.

The idea of Troll/Elf hybrids do actually go back a bit in certain (deviant) fan circles and might just be genetically viable (because fantasy setting) but the two species revile each other so thoroughly I doubt it'll ever happen. Maybe at some point in the distant future some Darkspear or Zandalari might hook up with a Blood Elf or Nightborne but for now, as far as we know, the very idea is anathema to both.
    Last edited by MrDragon; 2017-12-26 at 08:15 AM.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Given that somehow Draenei-Orc-Human hybrids are viable, Troll-Elf seems rather trivial. None of those are even from the same planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Is Queen Azshara the first mutated Troll along with the trolls who have migrated near the sundered Well of Eternity now left and known as Maelstrom and what lies beneathe, Naz'jatar?
    Azshara did not mutate into a troll, but a Naga along with her Night Elf followers. Also, there were Night Elf leaders before Azshara so the trolls had already evolved into Night Elves loooooog before she was even born. SO she has no connection to Trolls, other then the fact that her race is evolved from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Trolls live around 250 years. Quite a nice number,long enough to achieve some stuff, and short enough to not think of any big character background story for rp sake.
    No source on 250 years. If you're going on about the GM thing, that was likely fabricated and should definitely not be treated as canon lore. Even if it wasn't fabricated, a GM is not a reliable source of lore.

Right now, all the lore we have on troll age is Rastakhan having ruled the Zandalari for over 200 years. We don't know how old he is aside from that, he could be 220, he could be 300, heck even 800.

Realistically speaking though, trolls would be biologically immortal with how their regeneration works. It's capable of creating new bones, muscle, tendons, basically they can create new stem cells at a fast rate, resulting in their bodies being able to regrow entire limbs and organs in a fairly short amount of time. This is how one species of jellyfish lives forever, cell regeneration that results in biological immortality. There are more species than just that one jellyfish that does the same thing, but yeah, you get the point.

Sadly, that isn't exactly canon either, would be dope if it was. :')

I recently updated Wowpedia with some "new" info about troll regen, turns out they can consciously control it (control if they want to have scars or not). As if it wasn't OP enough already, lmao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by War-God Zajru View Post
    I recently updated Wowpedia with some "new" info about troll regen, turns out they can consciously control it (control if they want to have scars or not).
    Yep, Vol'jin was able to do that to give a deeper tone to his voice, a way to symbolize distance between his current and previous self.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Nelves evolved from dark trolls, not zandalari

10+ Year Old Account
    I took a break and simply just readying myself for a jampacked rebuttal and now here I am.
    You do not have to preach me, command me, order me or even ridicule me in suggesting I should be using a dictionary. Aside from Being a participant in mmo-c forums, linguistics, etymology,semantics, lexicology/graphy are one of my irl major interest .
    Then

I was averted to use the word contraction as it is used differently which is used such as additional to addt'l.
    The first part might be true but the second isn't even proper English and misuses several words so it kind of give the lie to your assertion that you somehow know a lot about the language. Now, if it's your second (or third or whatever) language? Fine. But don't brag about linguistic skills then write something like the second sentence.

She doesn't have to be the first. She could've been born long after the night elves happened to be.

Deleted
    For some bizzare reason this thread has 8 pages, when any speculation is easily debunked because:

-Night elves evolved from dark trolls, so they automatically couldn't have been 'true' Zandalari trolls, because all troll species evolved from the Zandalari.
    -The elven capital of Zin-Azshari had a different name before Azshara's ascension to the throne, meaning the elven civilisation already existed long before.

so unless Blizzard decides to retcon Chronicles Vol. 1:
    /thread

No source on 250 years. If you're going on about the GM thing, that was likely fabricated and should definitely not be treated as canon lore. Even if it wasn't fabricated, a GM is not a reliable source of lore.

Right now, all the lore we have on troll age is Rastakhan having ruled the Zandalari for over 200 years. We don't know how old he is aside from that, he could be 220, he could be 300, heck even 800.

Realistically speaking though, trolls would be biologically immortal with how their regeneration works. It's capable of creating new bones, muscle, tendons, basically they can create new stem cells at a fast rate, resulting in their bodies being able to regrow entire limbs and organs in a fairly short amount of time. This is how one species of jellyfish lives forever, cell regeneration that results in biological immortality. There are more species than just that one jellyfish that does the same thing, but yeah, you get the point.

I recently updated Wowpedia with some "new" info about troll regen, turns out they can consciously control it (control if they want to have scars or not). As if it wasn't OP enough already, lmao.
    Well GM said that he had it on his chart from work. So Until it's proven untrue/ retconned then all we have so far. And I'd be perfectly fine with this umber, it's not ridiculously long lifespan like elves have, but it's not too short.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    Well GM said that he had it on his chart from work. So Until it's proven untrue/ retconned then all we have so far. And I'd be perfectly fine with this umber, it's not ridiculously long lifespan like elves have, but it's not too short.
    As I said, it was very likely fabricated and even then, GMs aren't exactly allowed to hand out lore as far as I know. We had a discussion about it on Wowpedia if we should treat it as a valid source or not, conclusion came down to, no. It could easily be fabricated as someone on the forums demonstrated and GMs aren't really supposed to hand out unknown lore information. Thus, it's heavily unreliable.

Even then, their "internal charts" have been brought up so often, I wonder why they don't just make them official and public, considering how god damn helpful they'd be towards the lore and RP community. Tbh, sounds like a bullsh*t excuse for when they don't have proper answers, really. :I

In the end though, up to you what you prefer to believe in but I'd recommend not using that "source".

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    For some bizzare reason this thread has 8 pages, when any speculation is easily debunked because:

-Night elves evolved from dark trolls, so they automatically couldn't have been 'true' Zandalari trolls, because all troll species evolved from the Zandalari.
    -The elven capital of Zin-Azshari had a different name before Azshara's ascension to the throne, meaning the elven civilisation already existed long before.

so unless Blizzard decides to retcon Chronicles Vol. 1:
    /thread
    This thread keeps going on because it is funny... Or at least, it makes me laugh...

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Then

The first part might be true but the second isn't even proper English and misuses several words so it kind of give the lie to your assertion that you somehow know a lot about the language. Now, if it's your second (or third or whatever) language? Fine. But don't brag about linguistic skills then write something like the second sentence.
    It half feels like he's doing it on purpose. Otherwise, you'd expect him to at least sometimes use a word correctly purely by accident.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    This thread keeps going on because it is funny... Or at least, it makes me laugh...
    Or it's because it would be a relevant and current issue coming at hand specially when BfA launches. It would be doubtful that they, Blizzard/WoW Dev't/Lore Team, wouldn't touch this topic and flesh it out in-game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    She doesn't have to be the first. She could've been born long after the night elves happened to be.
    That is one of the other speculation I have in mind aside from her being the first or one of the first generation of newly "labeled/baptized" Kal'dorei.
    We have no known lore or history that predates back 10k ya, the oldest reference for them was the Troll vs. Aqir wars and damn I have a feeling sooner or later we will relive that moment.

Somehow we can co-relate Dark trolls to Jews turning into Christians when they got hooked up with arcane energies with the WoE. who knows did they bathe on it?Drink from it? Or simply merely staying close would transform them instantaneously or gradually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It half feels like he's doing it on purpose. Otherwise, you'd expect him to at least sometimes use a word correctly purely by accident.
    I thank you at least now, you somehow know me and my writing style.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-12-27 at 08:33 AM.

Given that somehow Draenei-Orc-Human hybrids are viable, Troll-Elf seems rather trivial. None of those are even from the same planet.
    While that... thing... has not been declared non-canon.... yet... Blizzard seems to be going out of their way to ignore it's existence.
    Even the Warcraft Film heavily implies that Medivh is Garona's father and not her lover. Now that is an alternate canon to the main timeline we know but one that is a lot less... stupid. (Though hooking up Garona and Lothar is also dumb.)

Overall though yes, this thread is still one of the least useful on this forum because of the reasons Beste Kerel said.

But this is still very funny:
    I thank you at least now, you somehow know me and my writing style.
    Vertigo12, never change. I have stopped trying to help you improve your English and nobody should.
    Last edited by MrDragon; 2017-12-27 at 08:41 AM.
    "These are Allied Races, these aren't Sub-Races. There's no direct associated Race or "Parent Race" or anything like that" -Ion Hazzikostas, Blizzcon 2017 Q&A

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, "a millenia" does not exist, just like "a horses" or "a dogs" does not exist. The construct makes no semantic sense.
    No it doesn't but a troupe of "horses" and a "pack" of dogs. If you count several different troupes and packs of dogs it wouldn't be supported by the article "a". Millennium= plural for 1 thousands of years but singular in meaning.

A sack of rice means thousands of grains of rice. Maybe having "a grain of salt" mentality wouldn't apply to how I write things.
    A million dollar basically would be several bags of hundred dollar bills and multitude of dimes, nickels and pennies.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-03-08 at 05:59 AM.

With BfA's announcement and on going Alpha and Beta test, one of the many things which make THE GAME, World of Warcraft, interesting is the quests and storylines like always game developers have been doing since Vanilla and even pre-dates back to their RTS roots.

It was hinted that Queen Azshara will make an appearance in a possible future with the release of BfA and with the unveiling of one of the allied races of the Latest Horde under the title as Warchief of the Banshee Queen Sylvanas Windrunner, they are tasked to seek the aide from one the oldest sapient races in Azeroth, the Zandalari Troll.

With King Rhastakhan's introduction as well as the introduction of Suramar elves,the Nightborne, could BfA possibly show the public the story behind the mystery of Elven lineage with the Trolls? Queen Azshara is the ruler of the ever first Elven Kingdom so she definitely have answers to who truly the elven race are. Will King Rhastakhan also give fuirther details about it? Is Queen Azshara the first mutated Troll along with the trolls who have migrated near the sundered Well of Eternity now left and known as Maelstrom and what lies beneathe, Naz'jatar?

Comment below!
    No its not a speculation that Azshara might appear she will be in the secound tier in BfA which was confirmed at Blizzcon
    AftermathhUI: @ WoWinterface
    Dirty Twist: @ Soundcloud

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

I created one of my replies slipped within the 1-8 pages which mentions about Troll regeneration and the use of shadowflame. I forgot what exactly was his name but it might go by the name Vulajin the Void iicr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aftermathhqt View Post
    No its not a speculation that Azshara might appear she will be in the secound tier in BfA which was confirmed at Blizzcon
    Queen Azshara making her appearance as either 2nd tier raid boss in BfA wasn't the purpose of this speculative analysis. It was given that finally, she will make her grand debut.

As I said, it was very likely fabricated and even then, GMs aren't exactly allowed to hand out lore as far as I know. We had a discussion about it on Wowpedia if we should treat it as a valid source or not, conclusion came down to, no. It could easily be fabricated as someone on the forums demonstrated and GMs aren't really supposed to hand out unknown lore information. Thus, it's heavily unreliable.

Even then, their "internal charts" have been brought up so often, I wonder why they don't just make them official and public, considering how god damn helpful they'd be towards the lore and RP community. Tbh, sounds like a bullsh*t excuse for when they don't have proper answers, really. :I

In the end though, up to you what you prefer to believe in but I'd recommend not using that "source".
    Then we don't have any source at all atm. Previously we had RPG stuff that claimed that troll lifespan reaches 75 years. But apparently RPG is not canon. So we're left with nothing.

The most ancient Azeroth race and nobody knows for sure how long they live apparently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I miss Mists of Pandaria