Guardian Mythic KJ

So yeah I've been out of the loop on tanking for a bit since i rerolled dps but i'm going back to tanking Sunday for my guild who are 9/9M, i can play all the tanks but due to our bear leaving and KJ being... Kj, i need to play guardian for him and my bear is around 915 ilvl (Which i'll be trying to gear as much as possible before Sundays raid).

To try and make it go as smooth as possible i wanted to just ask a few questions for anyone who can answer them.

Assuming you're playing well, would 925 or so ilvl be more than enough to tank mythic KJ on a bear? I'm use to tanking content undergeared but i just wanted to be sure.

How would you cover the Hail soaks? in terms of i'm not sure what bears need for them, just ironfur i believe but how many stacks are normally required?

Last question would have to be Fel Claw damage in take, i'm use to Blood DK for this and it's a breeze, would ironfur be enough for the fel claws or would i need to overlap a DR. (ofc i'd save a charge of FR for use during it)

Thanks in advance, i know the fight inside out but i'm just trying to cover my three main concerns to reduce `reprogression`.

Also my legendaries are:
    Helm
    Legs
    Feet

I'm thinking of going with feet + legs.

You can go for soaking since there is not that much dmg incoming.

If they make you tanking KJ whole time go for Bristling fur and start spamming ironfur when he start felclaws...
    If you`re going for soaking meteors feel free to yolo blood frenzy for floating in rage (2x ironfur enough for soaking armageddon) and if u`re like half hp you can use small cd (for example barkskin and go Survival of the fittest, whatever suits you).

Leggo wise: i`m usually going with Prydaz/Trinket.. but for you id say Legs and something (and run with rend and tear since they`ll give you 1% more reduction,

If u`ll have felclaws stacks and want to soak meteor, its nice to pop heavy cd on you ;]

Yeah i'll be tanking the boss for sure as the switch to me tanking is so i'll be main tank for next tier, i'm comfortable tanking and all that, just wanting to minimize any issues for our 2nd kill of KJ.

Was just wondering overall about the things i stated, if 2x ironfur is enough for soaks then thats ez, the way we do it - i would only be soaking when i don't have felclaw stacks anyway and if i did i guess i'd pop survival instincts.

Fel claws though, ofc i'd spam ironfur but is that enough? just wondering if i can freely use barkskin outside of felclaws and such.

This is actually one of the very very few situations where helm CAN be useful. If your'e specced into Survival of the fittest and maybe have one trait in reduced barkskin cd, you'll have that up for every felclaws. That said you should get enough rage by just using bristling fur for each felclaws, but it was nice for the combos where you'd have to take an armaggedon and immediatly after you get felclaw'd but you don't really do that after the 1 armaggedon nerf anymore.

Its just that the other 2 legos you have are pretty bad aswell.

If you take Bristling fur, try and time it right before the first auto. It will run out right after the 4th stack so you'll be golden for all 5 stacks.
    I use barkskin in combination with BF when the adds are up / we are dodging orbs, if anything goes wrong with BF, or I get knocked up if I messed up, it can save me.
    I use Rage of the sleeper on every single knockback. after first intermission of course. If you phase him fast enough it should be up for every single one.
    legs and boots are fine. I went with shoulders cloak for dps and had no issues.
    Try and have someone else soak the big ones. there's only 1 left now. We had a third tank, blood DK for mass grip in second intermission just stand in every single one, and also tank the add.
    When you're going to get the debuff on you (add debuff) I usually use a barkskin with an external (if I'm tanking the boss at the same time) especially one of the later ones which stays up for a while (it was about 10s uptime before orb hit for us).
    I use SI on the add tanking/debuff/boss overlap where it hurts (this is preference), and right before second intermission (healers are spamming adds, and I'm moving boss out of range).
    In the last phase, just tank and spank, use Rage when you can't find a safe spot or pop SI and charge back to boss if you mess up.
    Ez kill.

Edit: I always tanked 2nd, in P1, 2 and 3!
    Last edited by CenariusTheForestLord; 2017-11-17 at 06:22 PM.