Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

BFA filler, not necessarily bad

• Yes, it is a filler expansion, as we cant go about stopping sargeras AND taking care of the old gods in 4 years. Then whats left? BFA is a good way to bring our characters back down from god tier.
    • If you recall, in MoP wrathion was warning of the legion, then we got WoD then legion finally came. All the quotes in legion regarding the void will lead into the same timeline.
    • "When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know. And it will be too late."
      Hint sylvanas will do a good one on stormwind?
    • As we battle of azeroth, im sure the old gods will wake up just like they did in MoP with the sha.
    • Blizzard confirmed in a interview they like expansions story leading into the next, not popping out of no where like previous.

Note: I am actually hyped for BFA, and its seems i didn't make that clear in my OP. My intentions of this post was to inform void is still happening, and this can be a good expansion especially since the whole wow team is practically new ever since legion.
    It didn't occur to me filler had a negative connotation on these forums.
    Last edited by darkvexen; 2017-11-17 at 09:45 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I disagree that BFA is a "Filler" expansion.

No, it doesn't leap up into ever scaling heights of escalating power like it's a season of DBZ (Though looking at the forums we're definitely going to see months of pointless yelling before we get anywhere). But it does get back to the core Warcraft Story: Alliance Vs Horde.

Are the devs good at telling that story? It's definitely a point of contention... but it's where the story is 'supposed' to be.

And also I've got hopes it'll be good.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

BfA isn't even filler. We'll probably fight N'zoth by the end of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Filler is based on the content not the lack of boring arch villains.

There’s no such thing as a filler expansion. WoD is only deemed that because they didn’t support it post launch. Now they could do that again, and given people’s lukewarm reception to BfA, they might do that again. I don’t think they will, WoD lessons learned and all that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    BfA isn't even filler. We'll probably fight N'zoth by the end of it.

Well, it could be sort of MoP 2.0, where we will end up fighting Old God protege of some sorts like Garrosh, which will like to Nzoth and Void Lords next.

Think something like Troll raid with Old God touches > Kul Tiras related raid with Nazjatar and Azshara and then something in Stormwind as culmination - I am almost certain we will end up raiding Stormwind in the end both because of novel "Before the Storm" and seeing how there is talk about Stormwind being the goal and the general vibe going on

It really depends on how fast they want to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    ... we will end up raiding Stormwind in the end both because of novel "Before the Storm" and seeing how there is talk about Stormwind being the goal and the general vibe going on
    This sounds very interesting. Would be nice if something like this is going to happen.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkvexen View Post
    • Yes, it is a filler expansion, as we cant go about stopping sargeras AND taking care of the old gods in 4 years. Then whats left?
    • If you recall, in MoP wrathion was warning of the legion, then we got WoD then legion finally came. All the quotes in legion regarding the void will lead into the same timeline.
    And that's it really. Blizzard quality of a filler xpac is exemplified by WoD. 'Nuff said.

The chances of BfA being a "filler" expansion is pretty low. We know that Azshara is going to be a boss fairly early in the expansion and it was stated in an interview that BfA will begin with the faction conflict but later on we will be fighting some big threat, which likely will be N'zoth since he had the naga in this expansion and the new zones are islands which is perfect for an Old God that is under water.

It is likely the title "Battle for Azeroth" has double meanings. The first being the Alliance and Horde battling each other for their place on Azeroth, and the second being us fighting N'zoth to save Azeroth from being corrupted.

It will depend on the transition between Legion and BfA. If it's well done and makes sense (ie the Teldrassil event and the following war), then BfA might be great.

If that's just a "Legion threat is over, Sylvanas bored so she burns dat tree, Genn not happy thus Alliance attacks Undercity" level of writing, then BfA is definitely some bullshit like WoD.

Definitely waiting for post-Antorus events/cinematics and pre-xpac event/storyline to have a better idea about what's going on.

For the time being, from what we've seen, nothing makes sense. Even Azshara seems to be the Deus Ex Machina thrown out of nowhere after they've seen that nobody cared about the Horde vs Alliance context of the Blizzcon reveal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    And that's it really. Blizzard quality of a filler xpac is exemplified by WoD. 'Nuff said.
    MoP was a "filler expansion" and it was kickass.

The whole idea of a "filler" expansion is so utterly stupid I don't even know where to start.

Oh wait, I do. What kind of buisness thinks to themselves "You know what guys, making a worse expasion intentionally and losing half our playerbase sounds like a really good idea"?

No buisness Billy. No buisness does that.

What are these random assumptions people keep coming up with? It's not a "lack of things to announce" they just haven't announced everything yet, which they have STATED many times in interviews. It's early days xpac wise. There's still a lot to be announced.

Smh, impatient people thinking the first announcement is all there is.

We get troll-only content, that has always been filler.

And before you start screeching about ToT, the trolls there were filler as well because they didn't have enough for the mogu .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    What are these random assumptions people keep coming up with? It's not a "lack of things to announce" they just haven't announced everything yet, which they have STATED many times in interviews. It's early days xpac wise. There's still a lot to be announced.

Smh, impatient people thinking the first announcement is all there is.
    Oh sweet summer child.

BfA is NOT filler. First off, the faction war is what got the Warcraft universe started. If anything, it's a throwback to Warcraft's roots. Second, we WILL have some Old God action this expansion. Azshara is confirmed a raid boss, and we'll probably deal with N'Zoth, either directly or indirectly. Third: You can't always jump from villain to villain without having EVER a buildup, would be pretty damn moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    given people’s lukewarm reception to BfAt.
    I didn't know there was a lukewarm reception to BfA, I'm seeing a ton of hype about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    MoP was a "filler expansion" and it was kickass.
    I was just talking about this last night with my arena partners...I wished MoP would have gone on longer...Pvp has never been more fun!

Some of my favorite raids in the modern history of WoW too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    There’s no such thing as a filler expansion.
    Sure there is. You and others are reacting to the word 'filler' but this is definitely a bridge from Legion to a Void expansion in the same way the WoD was a bridge between Mists and Legion. That doesn't mean (I hope) that BfA will be as light on content as WoD, but it fills the same dramatic use.

No the "filler" thing is stupid. There are only good and bad expansions. We could be fighting Sargeras over a giant volcano while the universe is exploding but if it all sucks.. who cares.

i think that will be more like a MOP 2.0 than a WOD 2.0

There's nothing pointing to BfA being a "filler", it's continuing the story of Legion and looks to get as much development put into it as Legion has, if not more .

And it's amazing just how short-sighted people can be in terms of "villains". Is it down to a lack of imagination and assuming that developers function the same way? I think so.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-17 at 05:45 PM.