Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    Who are you to say "No BC servers"? I personally want BC servers more than Classic. Not saying Classic servers shouldnt be, but I hope at one point they make BC servers too and Wotlk for that matter.
    Agree with you whole-heartedly. I think the way it should work is they go a year or so with Vanilla, then open a BC server and offer people the chance to transfer to one for free within a limited period. Then, another year or so after, open a Wrath server and repeat.

Also, I really like your avatar. What's that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Most of the changes happened in the 2 patches before 1.12. They cleaned up much of the game then and 1.12 added a bunch of polish to that turd.
    And before that, the class review patches also changed a lot.
    So it confirms my point that idiots whining about 1.12 specifically are, well, fucking idiots who have no idea what they are talking about and just repeat mindlessly what they heard somewhere else.
    Not sure what you are talking about
    Then you just didn't read what I'm answering to, because it's clear as day.

Who are you to say "No BC servers"? I personally want BC servers more than Classic. Not saying Classic servers shouldnt be, but I hope at one point they make BC servers too and Wotlk for that matter.
    Yeah, them going to BC and Wrath after Classic gets set up would be pretty awesome. Maybe a 1-way transfer for max-level characters between them would be neat, since that way you can "progress" at your own rate.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Agree with you whole-heartedly. I think the way it should work is they go a year or so with Vanilla, then open a BC server and offer people the chance to transfer to one for free within a limited period. Then, another year or so after, open a Wrath server and repeat.

Also, I really like your avatar. What's that from?
    Its Lunafreya from FFXV

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post

They have the code, they already said they do but they are going to build it using the new engine, new client and new database structure to allow for new security.

Its cute when people really can not understand what they read or they read it as they see fit.

Original "Vanilla" depending how you view it, as EU or US player is literally patch 1.3 and above, which released 20 days after EU launch.

They do not have 1.3-->1.12, and the hotfixes/bugfixes, all they have is the ready made 1.12, which they stated themselves.

The game was massively different in 1.3, massively different in 1.6 when the class redesign started with Hunters i think, and massively massively different in 1.11/12 when the designs were finished.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    They do not have 1.3-->1.12, and the hotfixes/bugfixes, all they have is the ready made 1.12, which they stated themselves.
    Please stop talking until you got a grasp of what source control is.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Its cute when people really can not understand what they read or they read it as they see fit.

Original "Vanilla" depending how you view it, as EU or US player is literally patch 1.3 and above, which released 20 days after EU launch.

The game was massively different in 1.3, massively different in 1.6 when the class redesign started with Hunters i think, and massively massively different in 1.11/12 when the designs were finished.

It's cute when you decide what Original Vanilla is on your own. All of your statements should be prefaced with In my own opinion............
    They said they have most of the old code for most of the patches but it is not in any order in the backups. and yes vanilla changed throughout the patches but the most complete and "balanced" version is 1.12 as many of the earlier bugs, exploits and balancing had yet happened. Things like rolling resets on raids, cheating the reset mechanics in BWL to not get saved to an instance, honor system and it's tweaks, BG's and much more. But hey you will just skim this anyways and cry when classic is released different than you wanted......

BC and WotlK didn't have alterations - no cataclysm. go play live. They are still there unchanged.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sounds reasonable. I only disagree on the Patch. It should go, for the first 2 years, through the same patch cycle as Classic did.
    A patch cycle would be irrelevant in the long run, so its better to not even bother.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    -Patch 1.12.2 - The last patch before BC

-No QoL additions

-No Class balance changes

-Only bug fixes

-Nothing else

-Preserve that patch exactly as it was. No additions. No subtractions.

Also no BC servers. Server(s) exist as an alternative to live.
    You pay the same sub and can choose which one to play on each time you log in.
    I just hope twitch provides a vanilla/classic section of addons in the mods section.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

There is a reason they didn't update the non-instanced old Arathi Highlands now as they changed it into a Warzone:

Blizz learned the lesson of Cataclysm to never fuck with memories of old zones

and are now making instances with updated graphics rather than updating the world forever as they did with Cata.

I'm positive they will never do a cataclysm-like change again without preserving the old world in some form.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2018-06-21 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I just hope twitch provides a vanilla/classic section of addons in the mods section.
    Why with it being in the new client most of the new style LUA code will work and therfore new addons will work. Get ready for DBM, Skada(and others) to all work.