Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bad question for an gaming forum. I hardly doubt there are any people here specialized in human biology
    My friend (who's a vegan) says that she's never met someone who loves meat as much as I do. And I'm quite healthy. I know that when I eat plants, I'm always left hungry.
    Experts say that vegan food is healthier, who am I to disagree? I just have my preference which happens to be steak.

Maybe 1% of vegans/vegetarians eat healthy. They drop out meat and animal products respectively but they compensate by eating fake meats, candy, pasta etc and that is not a healthy diet. I've seen way to many of these health freaks who compensate for a bad nutrition by craving salt, sugar and carbs a lot because they think the hunger is their body telling them need more food while in reality it's struggling to keep the organs functioning because of the vitamin and mineral deficiency and is craving anything to keep going.

Problem is that symptoms of a bad diet is not instant, so while you may feel energic you may struggle in 10 years because of the deficiency. I suggest most people stick to a regular diet with dairy and meats in it but you don't have to overdo it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    What about outstandingly low testosterone counts in Vegan men?
    who cares? it isnt dangerous, other than for paranoyd obsebsed with machismo

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Herbivores have lots of specific evolved traits that allow them to eat lots of plants. For example, cows and other ruminants have multiple stomachs that aid in the digestion of plant matter. Other herbivores have elongated caecums that serve a similar purpose. In humans, the caecum has shriveled up to become almost non-existent. Tell me, how is this evidence that humans are naturally herbivorous?

Furthermore, the pH of the human stomach is 1.5, which is much closer to that of a carnivore (pH 1) than it is to that of an herbivore (pH 4-5).

Also, uncooked fish can give you food poisoning, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about.
    I'm not trying to suggest humans are complete herbivores, just disproving the notion that we are "carnivores". We are scavengers rather than hunters, and that is reflected in our biology.

As for uncooked fish, I was talking about the bacteria found in fish and humans respectively. Some fish have toxins that are bad for humans, and you sure as hell don't want to leave em out in the sun. The same goes for any other kind of food.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    I'm not talking about me eating raw meat... I eat protein based from animals as that is vital for us to live properly. Brain is built based on mostly proteins and skipping that will indeed make you a vegetable (no pun intended).

I seriously refuse to have a disussion with vegans, they are just so narrowminded that it's like talking to a rock. /bye
    Oh the irony

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You're definitely talking as if being fat is not an issue. Not that it could be, but that it will be. Unless you die from something else first, you will die due to your body fat.

For me it's mostly about being unattractive though.
    Death comes for us all. Some of us prefer to choose how it comes. So?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0123456789 View Post
    But but but, with that logic no combination of food could ever be considered healthy. There's a name for pretty much everything.
    Food != diet. Words. They mean things. Mediterrenian cuisine (not diet) is just food available to people in Mediterrenian and cultural nuances of cooking it.
    Diet is a completely different beast. Don't even think of using it in its broadest sense, since this is a thread about Veganism and that's a specific meaning of diet.
    Diet in this sense is an artifical restriction in available food items for reasons.

Such diets always have a name: vegan, vegetarian, pescetarian, keto, poly, raw, etc - none are healthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    Yeast isn't an animal any more than mushrooms or trees are
    Yeast is Fungi (a.k.a. mushrooms) Fungi are genetically closer to animals than plants, even though they've got their own kingdom.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Death comes for us all. Some of us prefer to choose how it comes. So?
    Some of us prefer living past 50.

Like I said though, for me it's mostly about not being super unattractive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kenthovind View Post
    We are not carnivores you balding atheist, go watch the netflix documentary "what the health". All carnivores were designed with sharp teeth and a jaw that's locked in place that can only go up and down, while herbivores were DESIGNED with a jaw that can go to the side for chewing plants. Humans could at no point eat and digest raw meat properly and never will no matter how many generations you feed raw zebra meat.

I stopped eating all animal products except chicken breast after I saw "what the health". Do yourself a favor and watch it too, oh wait, you're a capitalist slave who can't spare 1 hour to get educated.
    Nothing in nature is designed. Shit happens and what reproduces sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Some of us prefer living past 50.

Like I said though, for me it's mostly about not being super unattractive.
    I will check back here in 5 years and let you know if I lived past 50. Not everyone is damned with health issues when fat, I am one of the lucky ones so far. But age when I die simply doesn't matter to me, quality of life while alive does. I have been happier 25 years fat then I was 20 years skinny.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will check back here in 5 years and let you know if I lived past 50. Not everyone is damned with health issues when fat, I am one of the lucky ones so far. But age when I die simply doesn't matter to me, quality of life while alive does. I am happier fat then I am skinny.
    Clearly you both are talking about different things. You might be fat, but clearly you are not obese.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Clearly you both are talking about different things. You might be fat, but clearly you are not obese.
    340 lbs. To me that is quite fat.

10+ Year Old Account
    340 lbs. To me that is quite fat.
    If you are normal height then you DO HAVE health issues related to your obesity. You are either unaware they are related or they haven't manifested themselves in any drastic manner. How's your spine for example? Blood pressure? Insulin?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    First things first this isn't a thread to bash Veganism nor preach it! I don't want people insulting each other over lifestyle choices, the thread is to discuss Veganism in a civil manner...

So we know a number of people become Vegan for ethical reasons BUT is it really better for your health than Vegetarianism and Meat-Eating?
    No, they need a lot of expensive food supplements.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    No. Vegetarianism is. though.
    Whats the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    If you are normal height then you DO HAVE health issues related to your obesity. You are either unaware they are related or they haven't manifested themselves in any drastic manner. How's your spine for example? Blood pressure? Insulin?
    I have no issues that have bothered me enough to go to a doctor for the last 25 years, so I wouldn't know. Isn't that what people are worried about anyway, how much healthcare a fat person actually seeks out because it will cost them a rise in their own premiums? Well, no worries there, I have not sought out any healthcare for 25 years, my 340bs is not the cause of your healthcare premiums rising these past 25 years!
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-11-21 at 01:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    We don't have sharp canines what are you talking about?

Did you have your teeth files down or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Whats the difference?
    Vegetarian generally means a diet that includes animal byproducts (dairy, eggs, honey, etc) but not the animals themselves (meat).
    Vegan generally means cutting out those byprodcuts.
    Pescatarian (mentioned up thread) is vegetarian but also allows the eating of some degree of seafood.

There are tons of variants and subclasses though.
    Last edited by ryan92084; 2017-11-21 at 01:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Did you have your teeth files down or something?
    No but tell me where you see canine teeth or yours differ from this.

Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-11-21 at 01:27 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan92084 View Post
    Vegetarian generally means a diet that includes animal byproducts (dairy, eggs, honey, etc) but not the animals themselves (meat).
    Vegan generally means cutting out those byprodcuts.
    Pescatarian (mentioned up thread) is vegetarian but also allows the eating of some degree of seafood.
    Thank you, wasn't sure on the difference myself.

if done properly and smartly it can be healthy, but going purely for health there can be better options.

fish for example is one of the healthiest foods out there and vegans dont eat it:P