Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    The vanilla will be vanilla people are trolls or just ignorant.

After the recent blue posts of having a discussion... of course they're going to make changes. This is Blizzard of 2017 and they have to stand by their products with as much Blizzard polish as possible.

There's absolutely 0% chance of the honor system being in classic as it was back in original vanilla.
    I just wanted to let you know that your post did not go yby unappreciated

15+ Year Old Account
    I reject your premise that it was entirely based on time invested.

I got Grand Marshal playing 16 hours a day, every day for six weeks to rank from Commander.

I played against a Tauran warrior who was literally on 24/7 - three people playing the same account.

How is it that I got Grand Marshal and he never got above Warlord?

Because I was a better team leader.
    My battleground tactics were better.
    I invested heavily in making my paladin the best flag carrier possible (100 fire/frost/arcane resistance and 60 nature/shadow which completely negated 3 min mages).

Note: I never account shared or botted and I refused to ever let my team dodge a match or surrender if losing. I played fair all the way to the end.

Grand Marshal was a monumental investment in time, no doubt, but it wasn't just about time invested.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    The vanilla will be vanilla people are trolls or just ignorant.

After the recent blue posts of having a discussion... of course they're going to make changes. This is Blizzard of 2017 and they have to stand by their products with as much Blizzard polish as possible.

There's absolutely 0% chance of the honor system being in classic as it was back in original vanilla.
    Based Ion already said there will be no changes, the question is which patch should it be. There's absolutely 0% chance of the honor system being changed from what it was back in original vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I reject your premise that it was entirely based on time invested.

I got Grand Marshal playing 16 hours a day, every day for six weeks to rank from Commander.

I played against a Tauran warrior who was literally on 24/7 - three people playing the same account.

How is it that I got Grand Marshal and he never got above Warlord?

Because I was a better team leader.
    My battleground tactics were better.
    I invested heavily in making my paladin the best flag carrier possible (100 fire/frost/arcane resistance and 60 nature/shadow which completely negated 3 min mages).

Note: I never account shared or botted and I refused to ever let my team dodge a match or surrender if losing. I played fair all the way to the end.

Grand Marshal was a monumental investment in time, no doubt, but it wasn't just about time invested.
    The alternative answer is: His competition was stiffer.

Not saying your wrong, just that there is a potential alternative answer to your question.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoradim View Post
    Based Ion already said there will be no changes, the question is which patch should it be. There's absolutely 0% chance of the honor system being changed from what it was back in original vanilla.
    Blizzard says a lot of sh*t in the moment to calm down triggered flamers such as yourself, and then end up doing something completely different. See no-flying in retail for example.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    The alternative answer is: His competition was stiffer.

Not saying your wrong, just that there is a potential alternative answer to your question.
    My server was heavily Alliance biased, and the rankings were cross faction.

It was also possible to have more than one High Warlord/Grand Marshal per week (same week I got it an Alliance warlock also did).
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

The point of being a hero is doing as much good as you can. If you only killed one Alliance player, you wouldn't be much of a Warlord, no matter how skillfully you did it. A true Warlord kills the most Alliance. They very much deserve the title, imo. Time is also an investment.

Got high warlord on my shaman back in the days and of course i would never go for it right now and no be able to, but if more people will be able to acquire this gear, it can break some balance for sure... it was meant to be very low amount of such players per server.
    Even though i generally not against some tweaks even in this system but would never accept the new team to make any changes to vanilla wow... current developers and blizzard overall are way out of touch to make any significant changes and not ruin it completely, old developers to whom i could trust those tweaks not be a part of the team, probably not a part of blizzard at all.

If you want it, you give up life, simple as that. Anything less and its not vanilla-like. Same for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    My server was heavily Alliance biased, and the rankings were cross faction.

It was also possible to have more than one High Warlord/Grand Marshal per week (same week I got it an Alliance warlock also did).
    Rip, the guys sucked then!

I knew it was possible to have more than 1 per week, but I swear on me mum it was faction specific.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loxotron View Post
    Got high warlord on my shaman back in the days and of course i would never go for it right now and no be able to, but if more people will be able to acquire this gear, it can break some balance for sure... it was meant to be very low amount of such players per server.
    Even though i generally not against some tweaks even in this system but would never accept the new team to make any changes to vanilla wow... current developers and blizzard overall are way out of touch to make any significant changes and not ruin it completely, old developers to whom i could trust those tweaks not be a part of the team, probably not a part of blizzard at all.
    To be fair I actually don't think the PvP system requires balancing as it's a sliding scale and not static honor per rank.

It automatically rescales depending on how many people are PvPing in any given week.

So if there are not as many die-hard grinders at the top as there were back in the day, it will be easier for those trying to rank up to get R14.

5+ Year Old Account
    Item-Of-Topic: TBC-kids, wotlk-babies and Cata-fetuses complaining about the fact that they will never be tryhard enough to attain HWL.

LOL
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    Rip, the guys sucked then!

I knew it was possible to have more than 1 per week, but I swear on me mum it was faction specific.
    He was the epitome of players who thought time invested automatically translated into more rank.

It worked out most of the way for him (he got R13) but it only got him so far.

That last rank really needs you to be the best and not just the most persistent, your time spend has to be spent winning and not just grinding.

As far as I know he never achieved R14 before 2.0.1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Item-Of-Topic: TBC-kids, wotlk-babies and Cata-fetuses complaining about the fact that they will never be tryhard enough to attain HWL.

LOL
    Wrath of the Lich King is my favorite expansion and I got Grand Marshal in classic, what does that make me?

Disclaimer: I have not read anything post the OP, as it is early in the morning and I can't be arsed.

The PvP system did get changed during Classic, so the top 0.1% could get HWL/GM at the same time, meaning several people each week could get it. Was it hard work? Yes, but so was gearing for higher raids.

And that is what made Classic so special, getting good gear/tittles actually took time/effort. Meaning there was very few who actually had it. I'm sure a ton of people will have T2/T2.5/T3 this time around, as people now actually know how to play the game compared to back then. But I still hope for the "wooooow, look at that rogue!" feeling when I stroll around in SW spamming trade chat in hope to get a group for UBRS.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Leave it as is. Whoever invested (a lot of) time and effort, got it. Why try to dilute it just so you (without said time and effort) can obtain it?
    Well. Maybe because when I got Warlord back in Vanilla I was 16 years old and left school & played 20 hours a day.
    Now I have a full time job a family and other stuff to look at. Like almost ALL veterans that will be playing on the classic server.
    It makes No sense to keep something like this in at this moment in time when most of your player base will be 30+ with real life commitments up to the wazoo.

If you are actually a veteran and you are 30+ with none of that I feel very sorry for you and hope that one day you can get out of that basement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post

LOL
    I don't understand posts like this, why do you need to bash everyone you disagree with? You're probably 30+ and you are acting this way?
    Grow up already, please.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You think you do, but you don't.

They had in plans to make a mix of old pvp system and new arena rating in TBC on developing stage but seems droped that idea, which would be the best i guess, but my main issues in tbc/wotlk were that they have implemented catch up mechanics in further seasons so you could obtain previous season set for honor (which actually even didnt cost enough.. like 1-2 weeks of grind maximum). Trivializing gear wasnt a great idea for mmorpg as any sane person could predict that wow as esport is a bad idea, so gear should stay relevant in all aspects of game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Well. Maybe because when I got Warlord back in Vanilla I was 16 years old and left school & played 20 hours a day.
    Now I have a full time job a family and other stuff to look at. Like almost ALL veterans that will be playing on the classic server.
    It makes No sense to keep something like this in at this moment in time when most of your player base will be 30+ with real life commitments up to the wazoo.

If you are actually a veteran and you are 30+ with none of that I feel very sorry for you and hope that one day you can get out of that basement.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand posts like this, why do you need to bash everyone you disagree with? You're probably 30+ and you are acting this way?
    Grow up already, please.
    But if all the players out there will be 30 years old with commitment then to get those ranks you will require much less time to spend, its simple (simple pyramid it is).
    But lets be real there will be always some no life grinders like we were at those times and i dont want them to miss achievement by making it easier.
    I think we can handle the reality that this is not achievable for old players anymore and deal with it, i dont want them to change content because i can't do something anymore, this path actually led us to the modern wow, and we can see how it is not enjoyble for both groups of people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loxotron View Post
    They had in plans to make a mix of old pvp system and new arena rating in TBC on developing stage but seems droped that idea, which would be the best i guess, but my main issues in tbc/wotlk were that they have implemented catch up mechanics in further seasons so you could obtain previous season set for honor (which actually even didnt cost enough.. like 1-2 weeks of grind maximum). Trivializing gear wasnt a great idea for mmorpg as any sane person could predict that wow as esport is a bad idea, so gear should stay relevant in all aspects of game.

- - - Updated - - -

But if all the players out there will be 30 years old with commitment then to get those ranks you will require much less time to spend, its simple (simple pyramid it is).
    But lets be real there will be always some no life grinders like we were at those times and i dont want them to miss achievement by making it easier.
    I think we can handle the reality that this is not achievable for old players anymore and deal with it, i dont want them to change content because i can't do something anymore, this path actually led us to the modern wow, and we can see how it is not enjoyble for both groups of people.
    I very much enjoy modern wow, thank you very much.
    Just because I am going to play Classic doesn't mean I hate the other side.

Not everything is black and white dear sir.

5+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Grow up already, please.
    It was an attempt at humour (albeit, perhaps a poor one). I will however continue my trollish ways as long as people continue to suggest rediculous QoL-casual changes to CLASSIC.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

- - - Updated - - -

Grow up already, please.
    But why do you want Vanilla, if you want to change how it was?

And while you're at wanting to change the PvP grind, lets change the leveling grind as well. It is rather tedious and slow, and in all honesty - most of the quests fucking suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore