Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    Doubt you'll get much support here especially with Classic on everyone's mind. Hell, I got my DK from level 100-110 and 897 ilvl just over this last weekend!

But I do get the jist of your issues. Peoples standards are just fucking stupid!! I was rejected multiple times when queued for +10 yesterday on my druid at my 942 equipped ilvl. I see nubs wanting carries on the usual +5 asking for "big dicks only". Because of this, I haven't even bothered running mythic+ on alts.
    I feel your pain with crap drop rates. I killed every greater invasion boss on 2 toons with bonus rolls, and had not got a single drop. Wasn't until this week actually that I got loot (and that was on my fresh DK yay!).

But all in all, gearing is easy AF. We have reached a point in WoW where the next step is Blizz just mailing us free epics for logging in.
    What do you expect. You can be some fucking scrub who has no experience at all and be 935+. Why would people even bother with the likes of you? 942 is not that much higher. This is the real problem in WoW. People feeling they are entitled to content just because they got carried to high ilvl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    It's an MMO, not a cRPG. You're not supposed to have an easy time gearing yourself to the nines solo.

wait wait wait...wait

You're surprised by the fact that gearing solo rather than having a mythic raid team carry you is harder?

I call BS

Deleted
    When reading the title, first thought surely is, "lol no". The gear catchup mechanics are so strong right now that you can get to ilvl 910 in a week or two without ever entering any group content, even without farming for relinquished items.

What you actually wrote though is very true. Due to it being so easy to get decent gear, the ilvl requirements that people set are annoyingly insane. As you said even the easiest content is hard to find a group for if you "only" outgear it by like 20 ilvl.

The real problem here imo is, that the increase in ilvl provides such a huge increase in output. If a dps class gains 30-40ilvl it is not uncommon for them to deal about twice the damage than they did before. This, imo, is the real problem. I would prefer the game to be more skill-based, with gear only giving small inceases to throughput (with one ilvl equalling a maximum of 1% increase instead of 3-4%).

One can only hope that this will change some day. Not sure of that ever happening though.

solo gearing is easy as fuck actually.. you can be 930+ in like a week without doing any raids or m+ dungeons

Deleted
    I love how everyone got instant
    2 legendary
    4 titanforged setpieces form LFR/normal (at least 910)
    7800 Argunit for the other 12 slots (including relics)

With all that at 910 and the NC, you will be at itemlevel 920. And thats were the fun begins. HC raiding? not with 920. mythic+? Not with 920. Yes solo you can get up to 920. Everything above that requires groups.

Yes, you can craft two items at 935 which will bring you to 923. Still to low for pugging. And every WF/TF adds 0,3125 item level to your gear. So with pure solo content, you´ll need 22x a 5 item level procc on your gear. So out of of 10 items (14 slots -2x legendary, 2x craft) you need 22 proccs.

And we get people like this:
    - you need at least 1 Mythic 10+ per week, can easily do it with ilvl 925-930, people are more lenient the closer you are to reset
    No, thats overkill for a +10. You can do +15 at that item level. But people require that item level for +5… Even with key master, being a tank and at 926 shown item level, i get declined quite often to pugs for +10/+11 because i am too low. I can't imagine how you get groups as 910/915 DPS as long as it isn't your key.

Yeah gearing is easy, my tanks have 942 (only HC pugging, 325 myth+ dungeons in time at max ilevel), 932 (only hc pugging, 14 myth+ dungeons in time at max level) and 922 (only nhc pugging, 4 myth+ dungeons in time at max level). All item levels equipped.

With only argunite and a weekly dungeon 930 will take a long time, it will take weeks because you will need the weekly chest items to push your item level. But if you have time and grind a lot, you can get to mythic raider item levels with mythic+ only. But it will take time or insane luck.

But according to the forum the world bosses drop an item every week and you will loot more +30 item level titan forges than normal items. And above all, your first 3 legendarys will be useful so your DPS won´t be shit with all that wrong secondaries on your high titan forge items.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im as antisocial as antisocial comes. Without ever setting foot in high mythic plus brackets, and after having done ToS N a grand total of one time, my DK is sitting at 937.

Gearing up solo is literally the easiest it's ever been in the decade-plus history of the game right now. Sure, there's a little bit of luck involved getting pass 920ish if you're not doing those 2 activities, but you can get to that point ridiculously quickly and easily at the moment. That's H TOS level, that's insane.
    Last edited by Apology; 2017-11-22 at 11:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    solo gearing is easy as fuck actually.. you can be 930+ in like a week without doing any raids or m+ dungeons
    How? Like, really, how?
    - Chance at 930 once a week (Invasion)
    - 910 from Argunite
    - Legendaries

What else? Please tell me how you can get to 930+ in one week. Even if you're in full gear from Argunite, have one Invasion piece and 2 Legendaries, you won't even be at 930. And the Argunite stuff proccs like crap - I have a full gear set of those things that is 910.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    How? Like, really, how?
    - Chance at 930 once a week (Invasion)
    - 910 from Argunite
    - Legendaries

What else? Please tell me how you can get to 930+ in one week. Even if you're in full gear from Argunite, have one Invasion piece and 2 Legendaries, you won't even be at 930. And the Argunite stuff proccs like crap - I have a full gear set of those things that is 910.

Legendaries are 970.. your artifact with full argunite will be around 945.. could be higher, some of the 910 shit will be wf and tf most likely to something close to 920-930

my mage is 921 with 1 day played

you can also do other wqs on broken isles and maybe gonna get lucky with high TF proc(i think i got a 930 helmet when it was supposed to be 885)

so with moderate luck you will reach 925-930 pretty fucking fast(if you're not playing 1 hour a day ofc)
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2017-11-22 at 11:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    For the first time ever i experience this myself.

I always had my Mythic raiding guild and friends have my back when it came to gearing alts, from 110 to mythic ready in a week wasn't something i even had to think about, it just happened.

But now everyone has quit, and i returned to the game solo trying to gear my washed up 880 geared DPS character.

And boy it is a nightmare.

The requirements for Dungeons and Raids we used to make fun of? They are hitting me right in the face. 930+ for a +5 Mythic dungeon. 935+ for Heroic Tomb of Sargeras.

For the first time ever i am feeling unable to progress, to continue. The worldquests are capped out, i got all my 910 relinquished gear and yet its completely and utterly impossible to get into anything. 910 is not enough, not nearly.

All these people that complained about this shit for years, i feel you now.
    I had not touched a raid and I was 930 geared. It amazed me that players with full heroic ToS gear were lower geared then me. I just did not have any tier items. You can buy those items and upgrade them to 935 + legendaries + world bosses with 930 + mythic plus weekly loot (today again) and not to speak about all the mythic 10's with chance on becomming titanforged.

So I have not touched a raid untill recently and I was above 930 geared! And that was for me good enough to join a mythic progressing guild. So i call bs on this one

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    For the first time ever i experience this myself.

I always had my Mythic raiding guild and friends have my back when it came to gearing alts, from 110 to mythic ready in a week wasn't something i even had to think about, it just happened.

But now everyone has quit, and i returned to the game solo trying to gear my washed up 880 geared DPS character.

And boy it is a nightmare.

The requirements for Dungeons and Raids we used to make fun of? They are hitting me right in the face. 930+ for a +5 Mythic dungeon. 935+ for Heroic Tomb of Sargeras.

For the first time ever i am feeling unable to progress, to continue. The worldquests are capped out, i got all my 910 relinquished gear and yet its completely and utterly impossible to get into anything. 910 is not enough, not nearly.

All these people that complained about this shit for years, i feel you now.
    so when you felt laughed at, you came here to cry?

WOW is MMO, so your arguments are pointless.

I got all my alts up and ready for Mage Towers. I literally don't do anything more than clear a greater invasion, 3 small invasions for the quest and that 50 fragment weekly. No raiding, No M+, no PVP, nada. It's super easy to catch up.

Here are my numbers:

Just lol

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    3 Things sucks at getting a alt at 110:
    First you need to Level your Classhall-Followers and this is longer than the time you level.
    Secondly at 110 you need the argunit for the Relics -- there a no new professions Relics with Itemlevel 880+...
    So at fresh 110 you have luck and get a wolrdquest with a Relic or the Itemlevel of your Artefactweapon stays low.

and at last you have do to your Classhall-campaign to get all followerslots....

(and there are also some Timegates of pieces of old (patch)content; Nethershards schould be obtainable also from Worldquests without just doing Invasions)

Gearing itself is easy, especially with Argunit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    It's really easy to gear up solo with all the catch up options. The problem is when you are trying to run group content. People are asking for ridiculously high item levels for easy content. Its fine. They have the right to ask for dumb stuff if its their run. As is always the case though, you can organize your own runs and set the requirements wherever you want. Heroic ToS was tuned with an assumption that everyone would have 900 item level gear +2 legendaries. If you wanted to make your run with a 905 item level requirement, then you can easily clear everything as long as people are doing mechanics. Hell, set your run at 910 minimum since people can just buy the relinquished gear now. You'll do fine. Antorus LFR wing 1 comes out in 2 weeks as well with 915 gear. You can get a few more pieces from those.
    It's a free market system. The #s people ask for in group finder have as much or more to do with what's available as with what's needed. Any toon that's been played much will be 930+ and why would you invite a toon that hasn't been played much? Unless you're doing something faceroll? So for regular mythics, invasion points, etc. - sure set it to auto invite and accept all. But if I'm putting together a group for M+10 or above, I want a toon that's been played enough to know what it's doing.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

1 artifact, 2 legendaries, 2 pieces of crafted 935 pieces (3 with alch trinket), some 935 M+10 chest pieces, 930 world boss gear and the rest 910+ relinquished. Congrats you're now 935 without ever stepping foot into a raid. You won't be perfectly optimal but simply gearing up is a joke.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    But you can get to 930 with relinquished gear. Two legendaries (one is bought from the AH) and two 935+ crafted pieces, plus one 930 from the greater invasion each week.
    Why are so many saying its so god damn easy to gear and everyone and their dog is saying "you just need to win the lottery on every boss and item you get"
    Gearing up with rng packed on rng is not a efficient way to gear up. Yeah. Some of you might have had good rng. And use that as the norm. This is so wrong. Most people tend to be unlucky with gear drops and wf/tf. I went through 3 raids in a row with only 1 item on my alt shaman. Our main tank tried to reroll class for antorus, and he had to go back to his old main cause he didn't get the gear needed/nor the legendaries. Even tho he playe _EVERY_ day for hours.

If you eant good heroic groups the requirement is high, go on the crappy ones and do th fist few bosses then.
    Do m+ with ur own key
    Do everything on argus for more relenquished
    I have 11 chars, 9 of them never had any help and all above 930 ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Solo gearing is one of the easiest things now, you have items that can be turnt into 910-955 items, and then you have a chance on your hunt to find your 2 legendaries. Of course, solo is hard if you have a deadline for Antorus next week.
    haha I did not think about that, but this must be the reason!