Deleted

What changes do you think we will see to spriest AOE in BfA?

I really hope shadow crash is removed and not turned into baseline spell, its so clunky and slow. Honestly I would be fine with bringing the MOP aoe talents back, giving us a way to spread dots and increase mind seer damage. We will prob just see shadow crash being baseline and mind seer dmg increase though. Anything better than the sorry state we are in right now I guess.
    Last edited by mmoc710d570703; 2017-11-21 at 05:48 PM.

My dream is to get a "Mind Sear" button, that when pressed spreads your dots to all targets within 10 yards on successful Mind Flay. Somewhat similar to some button a destro warlock has.

They should just make Insanity more similar to old Demonology's Fury.
    Insanity going up to 1000 and when out of combat your sanity always regenerates to 300. While in Void Form drains at a similar rate to live.

Void Eruption is instant cast and can be activated on demand, assuming you have atleast 300 sanity, and cannot be disabled until completely drained. Just like live.
    So you optimally want to cast it once and gain high haste stacks until drained for single target, as it is on live. But this way you get more control for both AoE and add spawns.

Mind Sear similar to Hellfire.
    Drains the Sanity from foes around you, generating Insanity per target hit and double Insanity when the enemy is affected by one of your DoTs. 5 seconds channeled.

I mean, they had a really good thing going with pre-Legion demonology.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankess View Post
    I really hope shadow crash is removed and not turned into baseline spell, its so clunky and slow. Honestly I would be fine with bringing the MOP aoe talents back, giving us a way to spread dots and increase mind seer damage. We will prob just see shadow crash being baseline and mind seer dmg increase though. Anything better than the sorry state we are in right now I guess.
    It's not that bad. Dot a few things up, and use shadow crash with global cooldown of void eruption. massive chunk of damage

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Nova that generates insanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

At the very least I would love to see Mind Sear split off from Mind Flay again. Sometimes I don't WANT to aoe, but my choices are either AoE or do shit DPS because no SW:P on the target.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

TBH I didn't enjoy mind sear that much either. The whole mechanic felt out of place considering we are a dot class.

It always was a question of "do I dot? do I dot+ms? do I just ms?".

There needs to be a synergy between our AE spell and our main rotation (especially dots). Just like affliction.

Now, I'm not saying copy affli, I'm saying we need an AE method that has compatibility and connection with our single target gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    TBH I didn't enjoy mind sear that much either. The whole mechanic felt out of place considering we are a dot class.

It always was a question of "do I dot? do I dot+ms? do I just ms?".
    Definitely, I've always thought it's a very underdeveloped system. I think they've just never really put any thought into how Shadow is supposed to do AoE. "Just dot stuff up obv" except that doesn't work in too many real situations.

Trouble is, Affliction and Balance already have the best-designed AoE toolkit for a dot class. 1) Auto-spread one of your dots to all targets. 2) If 3-5 targets that will last a while, put other dot/dots on all other targets. 3) AoE filler 4) Drop a big AoE zone or cooldown (Starfall, Full Moon, etc).

I think Blizz will give us Shadow Crash baseline because that seems to be the most popular request. Whether it will spread SWP is very questionable, and I hope it does. But even if it does, our AoE will then just be a carbon copy of the other two dot specs and I'm not 100% sure that's what I want, especially because we will then have a clear advantage on longer AoE/cleave pulls because of Void Bolt ensuring that we never need to manually refresh dots. We already have an advantage on longer pulls because Voidform causes dots to ramp up in damage and haste over time. I think that if we really want better on-pull AoE/burst, we have to be prepared to lose our long term power --- which, to be crystal clear, I'm 100% okay with, because situations that call for burst AoE outnumber situations that call for long-term AoE at least 10 to 1. Just saying, if Blizz finds itself capable of giving us some decent burst AoE, it's likely that they'll be gutting our ramp damage by removing Mass Hysteria, reducing or removing the growing haste mechanic, and even normalizing insanity generation between AoE and ST. I just don't want us flipping out about that, because it's the right move.

Here's something I think I'd like to see.

Shadow Crash: Baseline, shared 30 second CD with Void Torrent. An AoE and a ST spell, choose which best suits the situation. Shadow Crash itself does not do very impressive damage.

Void Bolt only extends SWP by default.

Mind Sear is once again a separate spell from Mind Flay. Insanity, damage, and channel duration normalized so it is truly an AoE version of Mind Flay.

One of our talent tiers is designated as the "AoE" tier and dictates how you do AoE damage.

Talent 1: Causes Shadow Crash to spread SWP to all targets in an area. Prolonged AoE.

Talent 2: Causes Shadow Crash to leave a void zone (Void Tendrils) that deals heavy damage over 5 seconds. Burst AoE.

Talent 3: Causes Void Bolt to also extend VT. Classic Shadow dot-cleaving style, retain the ramp-up of manually dotting all targets but allows you to never refresh VT.

Bring back Devouring plague plz

I wouldn't mind a return of Mind Sear or any new "Holy Nova"-like for us. That's astonishingly painful to rush oldschool stuff with only SWP as instant cast. Having to switch to Holy to solo FireLands is the pinnacle of "Wtf did you do to my ShadowPriest Blizz FFS"

Deleted
    I just want a quick and decent AoE without need to switch holy XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Bring back Devouring plague plz
    Mechanically might be good, but needs a new name/aesthetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Mind Sear similar to Hellfire.
    Drains the Sanity from foes around you, generating Insanity per target hit and double Insanity when the enemy is affected by one of your DoTs. 5 seconds channeled.
    Brilliant idea!

I'm leveling a priest atm...105 atm.
    for now it's more easy to use my holy/disci spec instead shadow

so for me , shadow need to be re-worked from the start
    Last edited by bigsuirlife; 2018-01-08 at 12:50 PM.