Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    It's not bullshit. Without NN people can pay more to get priority traffic execution. With NN we all had to pretend in the fantasy that every packet has the same level of importance.
    yes every single argument you have made on these pages has been throughly debunked as grade a bullshit.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I am all for maximizing profit but I don't agree with companies getting the laws changed to unfairly line their pockets.

They have an interesting stat in the movie. When the general public is in favor of legislation, the chance that it gets passed is 30%. When the general public is in against legislation, the chance that it gets passed is 30%. On the other hand, when companies are in favor of legislation then the chance that it gets passed is 80%. When they are against it, the chance that it passes is 0%. Notice a trend? Companies have too much influence on the legislative process and the opinion of the general public has no impact at all.
    Of course. General public only has noice. Legislators don't care about that.

Companies have money. Legislators very much care about that.

Which is why the whole save the internet champaign has been doomed to fail from the start. If anyone else than Verizon were running the FCC, there might have been a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not bullshit. Without NN people can pay more to get priority traffic execution. With NN we all had to pretend in the fantasy that every packet has the same level of importance.
    With NN, people can get better speeds if they pay more. Nothing is stopping you from getting a business account. With NN, unlike a business account, the limits imposed would be arbitrary. Dictated solely for profit and nothing more.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Honestly, the worst part about that video is how painfully unfunny he is. I kept waiting for the joke and getting confused by the laughter : /

"Companies wouldn't exploid removal of Net Neutrality"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    "Companies wouldn't exploid removal of Net Neutrality"

- - - Updated - - -

That person must be quite naive if he thinks the anti-NN crowd will watch such a long video with facts they'd refuse to believe anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder what the venn diagram is for people who think that removing all regulation on ISP behavior will spur innovation and those who think trickle down economics works.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

7+ Year Old Account
    God I hope common sense prevails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    God I hope common sense prevails.
    That's the problem though. It's not common anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Wonder what the venn diagram is for people who think that removing all regulation on ISP behavior will spur innovation and those who think trickle down economics works.
    It would look like a single circle.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    That's the problem though. It's not common anymore.
    It never was to begin with.
    That name is an example of original British humour.

10+ Year Old Account
    So has anyone gave a thought about what bundle they'll be choosing.... get ready as your comparison sites find you the best deals

I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    So has anyone gave a thought about what bundle they'll be choosing.... get ready as your comparison sites find you the best deals

The Xbox - PC Gaming - Netflix - You tube - Clash Royale one

Yeah I am fucked

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    That's just one lone man among hundreds who'd rather sell out to the telecoms. Not gonna do much I'm afraid.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/3/29/1...vacy-fire-sale

Here is who sold you out! prob linked already, but here is a reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    https://www.theverge.com/2017/3/29/1...vacy-fire-sale

Here is who sold you out! prob linked already, but here is a reminder.
    Free speech at work!

7+ Year Old Account
    Finally ISPs are free from the stifling NN regulations. Now they can form better business models. We're entering a new era of innovation!

Finally ISPs are free from the stifling NN regulations. Now they can form better business models. We're entering a new era of innovation!
    Especially with our ISP bills they shall truly be innovative and like nothing we've seen before!

On pain of knowing you can't answer this and won't even bother trying - but I'll ask anyways...

..how, in any way/shape/form, was the NN regulations "Stifling"?