Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    In my opinion, players that came from mid wrath on won't adapt well to it. The retail version is a way, way simpler game and very casual friendly. Classic demands more time and leveling itself can prove to be a challenge for some.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    I get what you mean, but it's not forcing. Blizzard wants to make profit of their own product...that's just common sense. If it was forced they'd open a server on the last patch of Vanilla and be done with it...it costs them nothing, not even support as they wouldn't need to fix shit.
    You are incredibly naïve if you think that's how this will work...

Even assuming they never create any new content at all:

- Technical support team.
    - Costs of physically running the hardware. (Electricity, insurance, security).
    - Server maintenance (that still has to happen).
    - Bug fixing [will still happen].

Those are just off the top of my head.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

15+ Year Old Account
    Everyone can try, not everyone will stay.

Except if you have a fetish for the word "resist" when you are a caster

Deleted
    Right now it's for everyone. Until clear decisions are made that alienate parts of people, it will remain as such and everyone should have an ability to discuss and give out their ideas for it. It's not just for bunch of angry nerds who send death threats over people wanting toggle option for updated character models ;D

Deleted
    Classic won't be for every WoW player. And that's ok. I'm still going to play. Maybe play WoW Classic more than BFA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    You are incredibly naïve if you think that's how this will work...

Even assuming they never create any new content at all:

- Technical support team.
    - Costs of physically running the hardware. (Electricity, insurance, security).
    - Server maintenance (that still has to happen).
    - Bug fixing [will still happen].

Those are just off the top of my head.
    That's not a vanilla experience. You either have it all or none...

of course its not for everyone, hell i played it on release and i doubt its for me now, the QoL in retail wow is just convenient for my life style vs then. Give me the free time i had back then and sure! Right now i'm waiting/watching for news about using gear/mounts on classic in retail as that will decide if i play or not.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Agree, as there is a reason why its called Classic and not Vanilla. They will cherry pick the best of all the patches that happened pre-BC and combine it into 1, thus creating the full Classic experience. This solves the problem of "but which patch is really vanilla?" - all of them are, hence why you pick the best, remove bugs and set it as 1 single version.
    In a sea of stupid its nice to see a little sense come to the surface every now and then! Great way to look at the situation.

Classic is for whoever wants it. It will be "vanilla" and people will either play it or not... they have no say whatsoever in it's "development" because it has already BEEN developed.

Those that want modern conveniences will be sorely disappointed. Blizzard suggested "pristine servers" but was shot down horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    That's not a vanilla experience. You either have it all or none...
    They clearly won't want duping to happen, Don't be stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.