Page 1 of 2
LastLast

We're Going Back To Alternate Draenor In BfA (Spoilers)

Today MMO Champion put up a few maps that have been datamined. One especially caught my eye, the 'Lightforged Draenei Swamp', which I recognised from else where. Have a look at it:

And now look closely at the Zorammarsh in Tanaan (Centre Bottom of the Map):

That's pretty much 1:1. Except I think that Draenei building on the right is new.

So the question going forward is, what do the Lightforged Draenei want with Zorammarsh on Alternate Draenor? It doesn't seem like an ideal place to set up shop. If it's not Lightforged Draenei related like the file name suggests, I still don't have a clue why they'd make a zoomed in map of Zorammarsh just for the hell of it. For whatever reason we're going back there in BfA in some capacity.

Looks like it’s going to be used as a scenario type setting. As to guessing why from a story perspective? I got nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not seeing how these two maps are the same? If you're talking about that one little tree at the bottom where are Marsh is, these aren't the same maps. That spot in Tanaan leads out into an Ocean. So you're stretching here.

Edit: Eh, I can kind of see it. LMAO. But wouldn't make sense why they would go there of all places,how would they even know of Alternate Draenor unless these Lightforged are Draenei from Altertnate Draenor LOL. Or they went there to find more of their people. But if so why wouldn't we do that during Legion. Why wouldn't the Orcs move back to mainly intact Draenor? And just say fuck this place and peace out???

This has to be something else, maybe just reusing assets for scenario or something small like Invasion Points?
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2017-12-01 at 04:18 AM.

It looks exactly like it...

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    I'm not seeing how these two maps are the same? If you're talking about that one little tree at the bottom where are Marsh is, these aren't the same maps. That spot in Tanaan leads out into an Ocean. So you're stretching here
    I remember the zone pretty well. The map fits perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’m guessing the Lightforged are hunting down a high ranking demon that fled to alternate Draenor to hide and you have to help them hunt it down to get them to join the Alliance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    I remember the zone pretty well. The map fits perfectly.
    yeah I seen it after 5 minutes then edited my post on why it wouldn't make sense

Well, Yrel might make an appearance.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    yeah I seen it after 5 minutes then edited my post on why it wouldn't make sense
    The theory was that the Army of the Light will stay neutral. Turalyon's idea is to make the basic Dreanei we know to become Lightforged. Maybe the ones from alternate Draenor. It really doesn't make much sense tho :P.
    Last edited by Kieldon; 2017-12-01 at 04:20 AM.

Okay, now this is intriguing.

If it is a scenario where we help the Lightforged Draenei defeat some demon to get them on our side, I think it'll be more tied to Alt-Draenor than just that. I doubt Blizzard would cameo Alt-Draenor with a bunch of Lightforged Draenei and not have any of the Orcs and Draenei there notice or care.

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHHHAA

The alliance has to go back to Draenor!! Hahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    HAHAHHHAA

The alliance has to go back to Draenor!! Hahaha!!!
    Beware the "DRAENORISFREE" version of Grommash, too. Horde could go back for him anytime :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Beware the "DRAENORISFREE" version of Grommash, too. Horde could go back for him anytime :P
    Oh dear god.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps someone just fucked up and named it the wrong thing because they aren't even from that planet. The Lightforged Draenei correct me if I'm wrong are from Argus. They never went to Draenor like the others.

See, it is possible that our regular Velen Draenei may have to go back to Draenor to recover something because current Tanaan (Hellfire) is destroyed but Lightforged Draenei are not from there at all.

Unless they want Yrel to be Lightforged or offer the AU Draenei the chance to move to Azeroth? I mean, the last place she was at in WoD was Tanaan but that's still a very odd place for her to be. I wouldn't be against bringing Yrel back in to the picture. Other than Velen there pretty much is no other important Draenei left and his story seems pretty much over. Plus, it is odd that Turalyon would lead the Lightforged Draenei. Maybe Yrel could or Velen could lead the Lightforged while Yrel leads the normies.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Perhaps someone just fucked up and named it the wrong thing because they aren't even from that planet.
    Either way, we're going back there for some reason.

One would think they'd learn from past, it seems Blizzard decided to salvage WoD's reputation and put on its infamous pedestal BfA instead.

This as well
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Both faction would need all the help they can get for this massive upcoming war that makes all other expansion war look weak and small. Going back to AU Draenor could probably get both factions a few regiments of troops for both sides.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be suprised, if this map is for updated swamp of sorrows scenario actually.

But if we going back to alt Draenor... I hope they got better food this time.

Deleted
    Or perhaps, just perhaps... Blizzard is reusing old content and this has nothing to do with Draenor.

It isn't unheard off, you know.