Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Fastes Way to 60

So I have been practicing and 0-20 took me approx 15 hours as a rogue. Not too slow but nothing amazing...

What is your plan on getting from 0 to 60 asap pronto? Grinding, kill quests, zone hoping? Let me/us know your secrets.
    -K

im planning on enjoying my experience, I have leveled a few 60s so I know the general path I will take but I have no plans to "rush" to 60.

I got to 21 as a Warrior in 13hours and I died sooo many times (+ not to mention warriors cant even fucking kill the same lvl mobs)..

Assuming addons work ill just follow "VanillaGuide" addon otherwise just put the guides on 2nd screen (Brian Kopp for Alliance/Joana for Horde) and follow them. They are without doubt the most efficient (solo) way to 60. If you have friends that are going to level the exact same speed as you I assume throwing in dungeons with quests will be slightly faster.

There's no real trick too it
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Grab a couple friends and quest/ dungeon your way to 60 ^^thats what i will do at least

Quest until you run out of quests, then grind mobs/dungeons; move to the next zones when they are available. There's no major secret.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    I got to 21 as a Warrior in 13hours and I died sooo many times (+ not to mention warriors cant even fucking kill the same lvl mobs)..
    Yes they can. Use your utility and bandage between/during mobs. Eat between when needed, too.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-11-23 at 02:45 PM.

I'm gonna quest and use thotbot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    So I have been practicing and 0-20 took me approx 15 hours as a rogue. Not too slow but nothing amazing...

What is your plan on getting from 0 to 60 asap pronto? Grinding, kill quests, zone hoping? Let me/us know your secrets.
    Every starting-zone is probably gonna be chaos and overfilled, so even though it wont be fast the best bet would be to grind asap and get a bit ahead of the curve. On my first character I plan on grinding the first levels and skipping STV etc entirely
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

A buddy of mine that is a veteran of Vanilla private servers tells me that he can do 0-60 in 5 days played, which I thought felt a bit optimistic but I wouldn't be surprised if anyone and everyone in a progression aiming raiding guild was level 60 within the first 2 weeks of release. Personally I've never been fast at levelling so I suspect at least a month or two, taking 2-3x as long in /played.

Mix quests with dungeons and you shouldn't run out of quests too often.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2017-11-23 at 02:48 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    Every starting-zone is probably gonna be chaos and overfilled, so even though it wont be fast the best bet would be to grind asap and get a bit ahead of the curve. On my first character I plan on grinding the first levels and skipping STV etc entirely
    Killing mobs over and over in the first 10 levels? I guess kill quests + grinding mobs would be the fastest way to get to the first 20 level to get ahead of the curve. Darkshore is pretty good as well from 13-17
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Killing mobs over and over in the first 10 levels? I guess kill quests + grinding mobs would be the fastest way to get to the first 20 level to get ahead of the curve. Darkshore is pretty good as well from 13-17
    Yes, my point is you will probably not be able to do the 1-6 quests so your best bet there is to just grind until you're ahead of the curve and then start questing, whilst killing everything you see etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    A buddy of mine that is a veteran of Vanilla private servers tells me that he can do 0-60 in 5 days played, which I thought felt a bit optimistic but I wouldn't be surprised if anyone and everyone in a progression aiming raiding guild was level 60 within the first 2 weeks of release. Personally I've never been fast at levelling so I suspect at least a month or two, taking 2-3x as long in /played.

Mix quests with dungeons and you shouldn't run out of quests too often.
    Didn't the Joanas horde leveling guide guy do it in 4 days played back in actual vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post

Assuming addons work ill just follow "VanillaGuide" addon otherwise just put the guides on 2nd screen (Brian Kopp for Alliance/Joana for Horde) and follow them. They are without doubt the most efficient (solo) way to 60. If you have friends that are going to level the exact same speed as you I assume throwing in dungeons with quests will be slightly faster.

There's no real trick too it
    Let me guess! westfall defias mages and their one shot fireballs !

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Let me guess! westfall defias mages and their one shot fireballs !
    Murloc shamans that can heal and you have no interupt until like 18.. Other then that strong melee mobs you just simply miss/parry/dodge way to much that you dont get rage enough to kill..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Grab a couple friends and quest/ dungeon your way to 60 ^^thats what i will do at least
    Questing together with the pickup quests is just so unmotivational, it works well for kill X mobs quests.
    But just spamming dungeons is actually the slowest way to level in Vanilla.

You would literally max get 1-2 xp bars per dungeon meaning 10 runs per level.
    You'd be stuck in the same dungeon for atleast 2-3 levels meaning you have to clear every dungeon at least 30 times.
    Assuming you do actually do this, you have to do around 504 dungeon clears in total.
    Back in vanilla dungeons really did take time - some of them up to 2-3 hours. But lets be nice and say avg 90 minutes per dungeon.
    That means you'll spend 756 hours dungeon farming - or 31 days of ingame time!

Questing and throwing in one dungeon clear for the quests with casual playing should get you there in <10 days of ingame time.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Really it is up to you, grind or quest. I like to travel, and take flight paths, then come back when the zones are chill.

Grinding is pretty much the fastest way. You may know of some routes which on occasion provide better xp/hour on the short term, which you should do. But questing requires allot of traveling, which do allow you some breaks. But the fastest is just to plan out your route by killing mobs with no abilities or with abilities suited to your class. Avoid the healers if you cannot interrupt, avoid the DOT mobs if you rely on stealth etc.

If you seek to lvl from day 1, try and separate yourself from the masses as soon as possible. While you normally want to stay in the starting zone until lvl 12 or 13. With allot of people, you're better off just grinding lvl 10-11 mobs in the 10-20 zones as fast as possible.

However, i don't see any point to it. You can do all of the quests, allot of dungeons and level professions and still stay bellow 10 days played. Maybe not if you're a warrior and you skill all the secondaries as well, and smithing takes allot of time in classic wow.

Edit: @Rupenbritz

Doing all the quests in Uldaman, counting the quests just outside the dungeons guarded by the elites outside and the platinum discs at the end. You receive well over a full level in quest reward. Use dungeons to pace out the gaps in quests. Don't run dungeons 10 times over.
    Last edited by MMKing; 2017-11-23 at 03:01 PM.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    Didn't the Joanas horde leveling guide guy do it in 4 days played back in actual vanilla?
    Yeah. 4 days 20 hours /played 1-60 in Vanilla. http://www.joanasworld.com/azeroth.htm

Only problem is unlike them, the first few days will be hell to level in the early zones until you break ahead. Depending on how the servers are (I hope they use current tech for those at least ) and login queues... it'll be a pain.

they way you level now will be COMPLETELY different on the classic server. Its like you are practicing to learn how to make a pizza by making pancakes. There have just been too many changes.

a level 20 vanilla rogue and a level 20 legion rogue are like 2 different classes now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Yeah. 4 days 20 hours /played 1-60 in Vanilla. http://www.joanasworld.com/azeroth.htm

Only problem is unlike them, the first few days will be hell to level in the early zones until you break ahead. Depending on how the servers are (I hope they use current tech for those at least ) and login queues... it'll be a pain.
    If they are smart they will have at minimum 3 servers, 1 pve, 1 pvp 1 rp

Id wager the RP server will be the most dead of the 3

Grind boars in Elwynn Forest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Grind boars in Elwynn Forest.
    Gotta live to win!

I can generally do 1 to 8 in an hour, 8 to 12 in 1 hour, 12 to 16 in 1 and 16 to 20 in 1, but probably not when it's crowded like the first day.

Elwynn and Tirisfal is going to be packed (Human and Undead) and Gnomes/Dwarves share a starting area, with gnomes giving int and EA. Night elves being ran by people that just like Night Elves and some shadowmeld shenninigans alongside druids, with increased stealth as well. Trolls and Orcs share an area as well with both having decent racials and being somewhat populair.

I think Tauren will have the least crowded spot in general to quest early on with others having a bigger grind in mob killing. You could grind slightly higher mobs and move on to zones to get exploration xp perhaps alongside it and slowly move to higher level zones?

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    If they are smart they will have at minimum 3 servers, 1 pve, 1 pvp 1 rp

Id wager the RP server will be the most dead of the 3
    Most definitely. I think more than 3 would cause issues later on when the playerbase dies out more, but it depends on how they handle the start I guess. Live servers can handle a lot more players than what vanilla ones used to, but I'm not sure how the tech works, if they can just put up other (hardware) servers to handle the strain until it dies out a bit and keep everyone on a smaller number of servers that'd be better overall.