Poll: Do you want to play with a vulpera?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not "Hyped" about the idea, but i can see it as a possibility, even more with the fact that the Horde will be working with them. (Though the Alliance will also have the chance to ally with them, so its not impossible, but a part of me thinks the Alliance will get a foothold in the Troll isles with the help of the Snake people)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusions View Post
    It'd be nice, but if it were a thing I believe they'd be an Alliance race, not Horde - since the race only appears in the Kul'Tiras regions, and many already seem to be allied with that group (that we've seen so far).
    Actually, as far as we have seen, they only appear in the Dungeon of Kultiras, but they will be (their main area) in the trolls isles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    I don't really see appeal of this race.
    Furries. You would be surprised how many play this game. Unlike Worgen or Tauren who have deep and long-standing lore, you cannot even play the "I like them for the story" card with these guys either. Literally all we know about them they are chibi-looking fox people so take a guess what kind of people that will attract.

As an Alliance player, I will say is I am glad the hints are showing them going Horde if they do become playable. I really couldn't care less about the fox things themselves but the type of following they already have will make the Blood Elf community look like Shakespearean scholars in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    I'd love to have them, but it won't happen. Fitting player armor on them would be a nightmare.
    They're using the same rig/skeletons as Goblins. Biggest problem would be formatting helmets, but I'd argue their snouts are equally as obstructing as a Goblin's big nose, so the work is 99% already done. Aside from that, the rest of the armour would work automatically as it uses the same mapping as what Goblins already have.

Throwing my opinion into the bag, Horde players... are you REALLY sure you'd want a furry race too? You'll lose your rights to diss the Alliance for having doggies
    Eagerly waiting one expansion at a time for the Tinker/Mechanic/Engineer class since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusions View Post
    It'd be nice, but if it were a thing I believe they'd be an Alliance race, not Horde - since the race only appears in the Kul'Tiras regions, and many already seem to be allied with that group (that we've seen so far).

Another issue I worry about is fitting all past armor and I guess future armor on them seems like a bit of a nightmare.

But who knows really, all in all sure I'd like them, but doubtful.
    I believe their main theater of operations is in Vol’dun. The Horde help them fend off against the snake folks there. We do know at least one is banging around in Freehold on Kul’Tiras though.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    As an Alliance player, I will say is I am glad the hints are showing them going Horde if they do become playable. I really couldn't care less about the fox things themselves but the type of following they already have will make the Blood Elf community look like Shakespearean scholars in comparison.
    There is no indication whatsoever that they will eve join any faction. They will likely get Tuskarr treatment and that would be it. And this is how I understood their introduction at Blizzcon. Some cute race is in trouble you help them get rep and get rewards.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2017-11-26 at 03:22 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

7+ Year Old Account
    How many times do I have to repeat myself RIGS AREN'T MODELS. If they end up using them for an allied race, there's always a faint possibility, the base model needs to work with the gear, which will most likely require some remodelling if all the current models used have their armor integrated into it.

Now stop failing. Rigs is what makes the thing move, model is how it appears. Plenty of things that share rigs and aren't playable. Worgen and the saberon/saurok/whatever Maloriak is.
    Yes I am aware of the difference between rigs and models.. I work in this field haha.

I can assure you though the Vulpera model has just added polygons that won't affect armor. It's using the base goblin model, and base goblin rig. They can swap armor on and off easily since goblin rigs already can utilize all weapons/armors in the game and their animations.
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

Honestly, I don't want to cheer for any more specific allied races for either side until I hear that PVE is becoming faction agnostic for racial choices! I don't think it's a coincidence that we are all getting six new character slots (the *total* number of allied races) in an expansion where we're told to pick a side. I think the faction war is a red herring plot thread and we're getting swerved to have at least all the allied races (if not all player races, period) available to both sides.

When that happens... I have a bunch of people in my guild that want these little folks badly!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Honestly, I don't want to cheer for any more specific allied races for either side until I hear that PVE is becoming faction agnostic for racial choices! I don't think it's a coincidence that we are all getting six new character slots (the *total* number of allied races) in an expansion where we're told to pick a side. I think the faction war is a red herring plot thread and we're getting swerved to have at least all the allied races (if not all player races, period) available to both sides.

When that happens... I have a bunch of people in my guild that want these little folks badly!
    They give people 6 new spots because they know a fair amount of people want at least one of the new races and already have their main realm full, and in that case why not just increase it by 6 instead of 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post

Without meaning to correct you, 6 isn't the total number. We're getting 6 at launch, and Blizz confirmed more allied races are coming after that.

And they've stressed that the faction war is a thing that will never go away, it is the 'heart' of WoW. So I wouldn't recommend holding your breath for all races being available to both sides. You might pass out, or worse. :P
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-11-26 at 03:15 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    I'd never use one. But I guess with allied races being the ultimate excuse to add basically anything I could deffently see it being a possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    They give people 6 new spots because they know a fair amount of people want at least one of the new races and already have their main realm full, and in that case why not just increase it by 6 instead of 2?
    I'll definitely be using 3 of the initial 6 (void elf, nightborne, lightforged), so I appreciate those 6 slots very very much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Nah, they're just too out there, nothing to do with Warcraft imo. The fact they will be in the game already bothers me. The moment they make them playable is the moment i move on and don't look back.
    No one cares. Literally, no one.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Looks like their model already has gear fitted to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh? All of the allied races use the other races' skeletons...
    Zandalari and Nightborne use Night Elf, the rest are... Pretty obvious. Lol.
    dont tell me zandalari are getting the nelf male dance. that'd be pretty stupid

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    The Vulpera would be a perfect Allied race for the Horde. Short AND cute, might cut into some of those elf numbers. But as people have stated, they use the goblin model. We have to wait until the Goblins get their updated model and updated rigging, at which point the Vulpera will be feasible.
    I'm pretty sure alliance should get them so they have a gobo skeleton on their side. Horde doesn't need 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm pretty sure alliance should get them so they have a gobo skeleton on their side. Horde doesn't need 2.
    That's a worse argument than mine (evidently). Plenty of things that share animations that will never be playable for us.

IF the vulpera are made playable, they should be a neutral race. Allied races are a neat little idea, but I personally would rather have allied races so there wouldn't be this infighting over unfairness and favoritism or whatever people will come up with.

That’s not a compelling argument.
    1. Then Horde should get the gnome skeleton, if Alliance is getting the goblin one.
    2. It’s a model’s skeleton it means nothing.
    3. They talked about this in an interview, while some Allied Races share skeleton/model, they are going in and giving them thier own new animations stuff. I.E. Void Elves will not have the /dance emote as Blood Elves.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's a worse argument than mine (evidently). Plenty of things that share animations that will never be playable for us.

IF the vulpera are made playable, they should be a neutral race. Allied races are a neat little idea, but I personally would rather have allied races so there wouldn't be this infighting over unfairness and favoritism or whatever people will come up with.
    But I'm not even alliance right now and I'm fine with them getting them

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    And they've stressed that the faction war is a thing that will never go away, it is the 'heart' of WoW. So I wouldn't recommend holding your breath for all races being available to both sides. You might pass out, or worse. :P
    Oh, no one with half a brain would argue the point that the faction conflict is central to the brand, it absolutely is, but I don't think that means that there can never ever be faction agnostic PVE as an option offered by a company that stresses bringing friends together. The point of focusing on the faction conflict in BFA is to have a "resolution," to quote the devs. That doesn't mean "peace forever," but a moment of clarity (to save the planet) mid expansion opens the door to patch in a much needed mechanic to enable people of both factions to enjoy PVE content together, and like DHs and DKs, once a character-centric feature (or mostly any feature really) is put in game, it stays even when it doesn't fit the current lore any more. We can feud over a new thing once that feature is in, and I'm sure we will.

Softening the factions is an absolutely necessary future proofing tactic that must happen eventually. Whether we get it in BFA or not remains to be seen, but the possibility is at an all time high with a faction centric expansion seeking "resolution," ironic as that may seem.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2017-11-26 at 04:35 PM.

But I'm not even alliance right now and I'm fine with them getting them
    Doesn't matter which faction you are. If there's a race you really want to play outside of the 'standard' ones, sticking with faction-restricting them is getting annoying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter which faction you are. If there's a race you really want to play outside of the 'standard' ones, sticking with faction-restricting them is getting annoying.
    I'm annoyed at blizzard time gating the raids at the beginning of the expansion, but we can't always get what we want.

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post

The point of Allied races is to use pre-existing assets to cut development time of new races. All of the current allied races use the skeleton of an already existing race but they have a new skin. Obviously this would be the most changed/unique skin but still.
    That's been my point all along.

And there would be a great amount of effort to fit all the old helmets to them, as one of the other posters has mentioned.

Unless you get a "rush job" and get the bobblehead female Pandaren helmets.