Deleted

Returning player after F2P change

I started yesterday and played my lv 43 juggernaut, but it felt diferent than it used to be for me. Story missions are to easy. I dont remember how to use my class but still i was able to kill everything without problem, i wasn't able to die. Same reason i dont like WOW leveling in retail.
    After that i thought i'll maybe do new character but it get even worse i was 1-2 shot every mob! After that i hit alt+f4 and unistaled game.

I see many people praise game after last 2 expansions.
    My question: Is game becosem more challanging after X level?
    I rly like challanging games, that gives me feeling of acomplishment.
    Any SW:TOR player out ther with same mind set?
    I want to know if game gets better challanges at later stage and if its worth my subb.
    I'm Both PVP/PVE player

cheers

PS:I also dont like change in talent system, too simplistic and didnt helped with anything, but doesn't matter i just hoped for gameplay I experienced at luanch of game

10+ Year Old Account
    Well odds are your companion is set to heals which is ToR easy mode, if you want more of a challenge set your companion to DPS

The challenge in the game comes much later, once you get into the newest Knights of the Fallen Empire/ Eternal Throne content and can choose to increase the difficulty.

Solo content in this game is incredibly easy, especially if you have your companion set to heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Venriz View Post
    I started yesterday and played my lv 43 juggernaut, but it felt diferent than it used to be for me. Story missions are to easy. I dont remember how to use my class but still i was able to kill everything without problem, i wasn't able to die. Same reason i dont like WOW leveling in retail.
    After that i thought i'll maybe do new character but it get even worse i was 1-2 shot every mob! After that i hit alt+f4 and unistaled game.
    Unfortunately this is the new state of the game. The mobs are weaker, your abilities stronger, your Companions GODS and you can literally chain pull as you go just like in a WoW Dungeon(well up until you hit the evade marker).

Like @Katchii said, the semi challenging stuff comes when you hit KotFE and KotET, but even then once you know your goto abilities you will still 2 shot Weak mods, 3-4 shot Strong mobs, 6-8 Elite and the fun part is going after the "Champion mobs that really take some work and use your full rotation.

If you want to have that feeling of pushing your skills, I would recommend doing the Veteran Flashpoints Solo, but.... this does kill any chance of getting Grp Finder bonuses and to do them you need to go to their respective entrances.

I see many people praise game after last 2 expansions.
    The ones praising the game are some of the die hard fan favorites of the game since launch. I mean BW does havea GREAT story for the Classes but that ends after Chapter 3 for each class and then you are moved to Pub/Imperial combined story arcs, such as Rise ofthe Hutt Cartel, Shadow of Revan and then KotFE and KotET. Iokath(current story arc) is decent but I will not go further than that to avoid spoilers.

My question: Is game becosem more challanging after X level?
    I rly like challanging games, that gives me feeling of acomplishment.
    Nope only if you do Vet level content, The Star Forge missions are a real blast the first few times around.
    Any SW:TOR player out ther with same mind set?
    Yes, Thousands if not millions of players feel and felt this way for the past 4 or so years. They have moved on to other games or stay here because it is Star Wars. I myself am one of them. I have a deep love of blaster bolts melting my enemies. Not to mention the Pyro aspect of my Merc
    I want to know if game gets better challanges at later stage and if its worth my subb.
    I'm Both PVP/PVE player
    This unfortunately is a tricky question and one you need to come to an answer for yourself with. IF you want to experience the endgame fun Post 70 it is sub or fuck off. BW has created the Galactic Command system and the Command Experience points from that system, which are used to earn crates to earn endgame Tier gear(outside of Operations) is SUBSCRIPTION ONLY. This Command Experience is given for both PvP and PvE.

Ohh and one other thing, IF you want to do Ops and stuff, you NEED to be subbed to access the Operations as they are sub only and tokens no longer exist to access them. I am not sure if this has changed in the last year or so since they came out with Command Experience but the only way I know of PvPing and PvEing post 70 is Sub only.

PS:I also dont like change in talent system, too simplistic and didnt helped with anything, but doesn't matter i just hoped for gameplay I experienced at luanch of game
    VERY few people like the system. But as with the leveling experience, they went with the least common factor and went easy mode.

This is my take on the game as someone who played and stayed subbed for the first 4 years and sporadic sub time for the last 2 years. The game in its current state is Sub or do not play at all, unless you are pre 70 and plan to stay that way.
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2017-11-28 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katniss68 View Post
    I played this game day 2 of early access and I absolutely disagree with your assessment that this game has gotten easier. It's ALWAYS been easy to level and it's ALWAYS been easy to play. What it wasn't easy as in terms of the leveling experience is the actual time it took to go from 1 to max level. That is the ONLY QoL that's changed since launch that has impacted leveling.

People were killing world bosses the first week of launch. People were raiding within 3 weeks of launch. People were max level within 3 weeks of launch.

If you want to make the game challenging while leveling, which is dumb but that's just me, you can dismiss your pet and grind out solo. You do not have to max out your mods and other items and just take whatever you get from quests or world drops.

Moreover, as with any MMO, the games have all gotten easier because people actually know how to play them and play them well.
    I have to agree for most people MMOS have just gotten easier for people. Everyone knows how to max out their potential while leveling and thus makes the experience much easier. I won't disagree that companions definitely make it super easy, but it's kind of pointless to make leveling challenging. I'd rather relax and level while pressing a few buttons then have to maximize my DPS potential because I can't kill the story boss at the end of the planet story arc. I definitely also feel that a bit of tweaking on either the AI of the NPCS or perhaps more interesting encounters while leveling would be more valued, than per say a mob hitting you harder.