Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Selling old Pokemon cards.

I'm thinking about selling my old Pokemon cards. Think I'll get much for them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on quality, whether they're holos and what set they're from.

Oh and misprints are more valuable.

probably not, but maybe - you could probably spend an hour on youtube watching "unboxing" videos and REALLY enjoy it haha, brings back some REALLY good feelings
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    probably not, but maybe - you could probably spend an hour on youtube watching "unboxing" videos and REALLY enjoy it haha, brings back some REALLY good feelings
    Why won't I get much for them?

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    It really depends, some of the super duper rare old ones are worth a ton like 1k+ per card, others are worth like 5 cents. Also depends on the condition. I'd check what ones you have and look online and see if any of them are rare, and then if theyre in a good condition you might get some nice money

10+ Year Old Account
    Heck there are even markets for card games I didnt think people played anymore. I can sell my duel masters cards ffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synchronize View Post
    It really depends, some of the super duper rare old ones are worth a ton like 1k+ per card, others are worth like 5 cents. Also depends on the condition. I'd check what ones you have and look online and see if any of them are rare, and then if theyre in a good condition you might get some nice money
    There's only one card worth anywhere that and its a shadowless base set charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    There's only one card worth anywhere that and its a shadowless base set charizard.

Because the cards are mass-produced?

probably not - there is a small chance you have some cards that are worth some cash, there is a small chance those cards you have are in great condition and an even smaller chance that you have had the quality of these cards graded..

This time of year, you could do something above and beyond - find a family who does not have much and donate the cards you know wont be worth anything.. put them in a couple boxes, seal them with a nice note and enjoy the feels

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    probably not - there is a small chance you have some cards that are worth some cash, there is a small chance those cards you have are in great condition and an even smaller chance that you have had the quality of these cards graded..

This time of year, you could do something above and beyond - find a family who does not have much and donate the cards you know wont be worth anything.. put them in a couple boxes, seal them with a nice note and enjoy the feels
    Doesn't a card have to be in pretty much perfect condition to be worth anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nostalgia needs to be there, the supply for said item needs to be limited and unique and what you own has to be in top quality.

Last but not least you’ll need access to those looking and know enough about the market to ask for a price.

Side note if you have an item worth say thousands typically appraisals will try to fucking wiggle in on a cut or lie to you. It’s very common to give you pennies on the dollar if they can.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-12-05 at 12:59 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Doesn't a card have to be in pretty much perfect condition to be worth anything?
    yah, thats what i was trying to get at and even if you had the card worth some $$ - chances are it has not been taken care of over the years

Im thinking of selling my car think I'll get much for it?

You didn't provide even nearly enough information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaja View Post
    Im thinking of selling my car think I'll get much for it?

You didn't provide even nearly enough information.

Well he said 'old' thats enough :P

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Search eBay for some of your rare cards to see what they are going for. I had a first edition charizard (can't remember what was special about it) they sold for a ton and that was like 16 years ago.

Same thing with magic cards. My prize was an original mirror universe that brought in a nice sum of money.

Well they can be worth a bunch to the right people. Look at places like ebay or even on occasion amazon. Heck, I'm personally a sucker for oldschool collecting nostalgia and I've spent more than what seems to be logical on about 20 year old pieces of paper with print, because I had to finish up my childhood dreams of collecting the cards(in this case pokemon) that I was missing.

TLDR you can get a lot, relatively, for the right cards in the right places.

Some can be have quite a value. But it is heavily dependend on the condition and preservation. A perfectly preserved first Edition Charizard for example. But as long as you didn't preserve them in closed protective sleeves, I wouldn't expect too much.

take them to a local card shop where they play magic and shit. I'm sure they'll buy them.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, if you have some base set, jungle, or fossil holos, PM me which ones. I'd be interested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Btw, if you have some base set, jungle, or fossil holos, PM me which ones. I'd be interested.
    I got a pikachu with trump's hair card, wanna buy?