Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont give a shit what they add....if they dont attempt to halfass balance PVP I'm not playing anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Ok, dear MMOC and indirectly WoWhead: you're the news sites for people that watch the news like a hawk and know everything that's current, because you report it, thank you for that. When we see a new post or a tweet we'd appreciate if it was for this audience, not an "ICYMI" kinda post that brings the aforementioned audience's hearts into their throats thinking there's new info, when in fact there is not. We have google for "ICYMI."

I know, you need clicks, but this recent trend is getting annoying.

Thank you.
    Do you have a suggestion for the title of this post that would have made it more clear? These recaps of compiled information are going to be continued to be posted over the next week or two, as we haven't covered everything we know about Allied Races in one place until this post. Had they suddenly become available, the post title would have included something like "Now Available"

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Do you have a suggestion for the title of this post that would have made it more clear? These recaps of compiled information are going to be continued to be posted over the next week or two, as we haven't covered everything we know about Allied Races in one place until this post. Had they suddenly become available, the post title would have included something like "Now Available"
    Perhaps flat out putting "recap" in the title? I'm not actually mad, it's just a trend I've noticed lately with MMOC and WoWhead.

The thing is, and this is a compliment, I've come to expect "news from way down the pipe" from MMOC especially to the point that if you post anything I guess I assume it's stuff I don't know yet. When it is stuff I know, I groan, but I suppose not everyone is so informed.

First world problems and all that, you guys are still the best, it's just a pet peeve.

10+ Year Old Account
    those racials for the highmountain tauren are pretty shit.

kill a demon, loot some fish. cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Perhaps flat out putting "recap" in the title? I'm not actually mad, it's just a trend I've noticed lately with MMOC and WoWhead.

The thing is, and this is a compliment, I've come to expect "news from way down the pipe" from MMOC especially to the point that if you post anything I guess I assume it's stuff I don't know yet. When it is stuff I know, I groan, but I suppose not everyone is so informed.

First world problems and all that, you guys are still the best, it's just a pet peeve.
    Added. Will keep that in mind for future posts.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Why is this being shown now of all days?
    Maybe he knows something we don't know.....GET HIM?!1111

Or maybe it's a slow news day and he wants to put a recap up similar to how WoWhead keeps making random articles all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Death Knights start in WOTLK timeline, the playable DK's are created by Arthas. Void Elves didn't exist, Nightborne were inside a bubble, Highmountain didn't even meet the Kalimdor Tauren yet, Zandalari were plotting their vengeance from Zandalar, Lightforged were still on Xenedar in Twisting Nether. Why would you expect any of them to be Death Knights? They aren't gonna redesign the whole DK starting zone just because of them, Dark Iron Dwarves are the only ones that would somewhat make sense and they said they're thinking about allowing them to be DK's.
    The allied races didn't exist in Cata either, but that isn't gonna stop Blizz from dumping them into Azeroth at level 20.
    A level 30 Nightborne taking orders from Garrosh in Stonetalon Mountains isn't gonna make much sense either, is it?

Also, The Ebon Blade have been constantly training more Death Knights more since Wotlk, so the only point where being an allied race DK doesn't make sense is during the starting zone, and I don't honestly think 3 levels of broken lore invalidates the whole thing. I don't think Blizz minds much either, since they allowed Worgen to be Death Knights, and that doesn't make much sense either!
    Last edited by EbonBehelit; 2017-11-27 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    those racials for the highmountain tauren are pretty shit.

kill a demon, loot some fish. cool.
    Yeah seriously. Looking at the Lightforged Draenei racials compared to HM Tauren like

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Indeed. Honestly I think the Horde got the sweeter deal here.

The alliance gets yellow draenei and black dwarves, while we get two completely new models.
    I honestly don't agree with you.
    1-the horde already have elves. (blood elves) lol now 4 elven race playable in the game wtf
    2-The whole game don't allow players to play Drenei warlocks. or even a DH
    3-nightborne have the same skeleton as bloodelves
    4-the eredar manari feel more of a horde race rather than the night-borne as so the bloodelves if not for the racist human general. any one well get what I mean if he\she played Warcraft 3
    Last edited by Farrarie; 2017-11-27 at 12:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume they will have the same combat animations?

Quote Originally Posted by Lens Hunter View Post
    Really dislike how they had Blood Elves be outcasts for dabbling with Void. Seems like Blizzard doesn't give a shit about the Horde seeming like the bad guys any more.
    At no point in World of Warcraft's history has the Horde ever been "the bad guys." Hell, they weren't even "the bad guys" in Warcraft 3. Furthermore, it doesn't even say that the Void Elves were cast out of Blood Elf society BECAUSE they were "dabbling in the void;" it just says that Alleria trained a group of Blood Elf outcasts to use the void.

I'm really hoping at least a few of them come with 7.3.5 because I'm already getting kinda bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    this expansion doesnt look good... ;s

"in depth"........... so no new information that we don't already have

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    This is BEYOND stupid. "Allied races", this is the stupiest idea EVER. What's wrong with you? For real, none of this make any sense at all: who is the dumb who though "void elves" would be a great idea? This guy (or girl, whatever) deserve to be fired at once, in fact, the whole Wow team should be put in the same boat.
    There isn't ANY thing in Bfa witch is not stupid: the story is stupid, the whole concept of "allied races" is stupid, the end of set tiers is stupid, but it's not surprising because the only goal of Blizzard is to put an end to mythic raiding to casualise the game and let randoms being more geared than real mythic players, the idea of restricting transmog of your artifact only based on spec is stupid and it's a freaking troll: ALL artifact weapon should be able to be moged for ALL characters: let me have a warrior with Ashbringer if i want (by the way, Ashbringer is the most overrated weapon in the lore, it's only a piece of metal forged by a random dwarf and infused with a light orb found by another random guy, it's not a holy weapon and it's not a godly weapon, just a piece of metal crap), let me have the mage weapons on a warlock, etc.

We can also talk about the characters: Jaina for example, who is still alive and will be a major character, and of course, everyone will forgive and more of that, forget all of sins since Cataclysm, and the fact that after her treason in Legion, she should have been executed, but noooo, she has a new skin, it's not to let her be killed, it's for "redeem" her, and butchering her a little more, because Blizzard has absolutly no talent to write characters, and now, with Golden working for Blizzard, the things will be worse: you know when people complained about Ghostcrawler? Well, Golden is the Ghostcrawler of the lore.

Bfa is the WORST idea for an expansion EVER, Bfa is the ultimate proof that Blizzard did not undestand the failure of Wod, and that they are to remake it again, ten times worse.
    You though Wod was the worst expansion ever? Wait for Bfa, and you will know what worse really mean, and i will be there, eating pop-corns while watching Blizzard burns in the fire lighten by it's own incompetence.
    Make me a bag of pop corn as well, already unsubd

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    I honestly don't agree with you.
    1-the horde already have elves. (blood elves) lol now 4 elven race playable in the game wtf
    2-The whole game don't allow players to play Drenei warlocks. or even a DH
    3-nightborne have the same skeleton as bloodelves
    4-the eredar manari feel more of a horde race rather than the night-borne as so the bloodelves if not for the racist human general. any one well get what I mean if he\she played Warcraft 3
    I will resub for horde eredar manari

- Horde getting 2 more races which can be druids, that totals 4. Meanwhile alliance still only have 2? That boat's not gonna float really!
    - What drove the Nightborne to become allied with the Horde? Why not have this race as a neutral race that can become Alliance/Horde (like the Pandaren?)

Quote Originally Posted by BUdoubleG View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I will resub for horde eredar manari
    I will resub too.
    Quote Originally Posted by BUdoubleG View Post
    Make me a bag of pop corn as well, already unsubd
    make it triple XD

I was really hoping to see new stuff. That aside, I'm looking forward to seeing a few things information wise:

1. What are the Nightborne racials?
    2. Can allied races be added in a patch?
    3. Are we seriously stuck with a plate set for Dark Irons and a cloth set for Nightborne? Especially the Nightborne, dude. Their race has the best aesthetic in the game, and we're only going to get ONE set ported for them? For real?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit View Post
    The allied races didn't exist in Cata either, but that isn't gonna stop Blizz from dumping them into Azeroth at level 20.
    A level 30 Nightborne taking orders from Garrosh in Stonetalon Mountains isn't gonna make much sense either, is it?

Also, The Ebon Blade have been constantly training more Death Knights more since Wotlk, so the only point where being an allied race DK doesn't make sense is during the starting zone, and I don't honestly think 3 levels of broken lore invalidates the whole thing. I don't think Blizz minds much either, since they allowed Worgen to be Death Knights, and that doesn't make much sense either!
    The Ebon Blade can't raise Death Knights. Only the Lich King can. In the Death Knight class quest, Bolvar raised his new horsemen through the artifact of your Death Knight.

If you paid attention to the WotLK lore, specifically the Grizzly Hills stuff, you would know why the Worgen make perfect sense as a Death Knight race.

Adoxe is right. The only allied race that are even possible to be Death Knights are the Dark Iron. All the others have valid lore reasons, just like the Pandaren, for why they can't be Death Knights.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I still think it's dumb that the Nightborne went to the Horde. I could understand a faction, but all of Suramar?

Same thing with the Dark Irons. Not all of them are loyal to Moira.