Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Despite having only very little time last 3 days (around 2-3 hours a day) I managed to get 11 skins on this Mage Tower.

Before I got: all Xylem, 3/5 Sigrin (Ret, Ench, Assa) and 1 Feltotem (BM Hunter). Now I have all Xylem, all Agatha, all Feltotem, 3/5 Sigrin, 1/5 Twins (MM Hunter) and 1/6 Kruul (Prot Warrior).

All chars 920-940, mostly shitty legendaries (nowadays I farm Lock/Druid for specific legos + something for my Arcane Mage that would give him some survivability). I was surprised how easy Agatha is with this gear, only Outlaw took more than 1-3 tries.

So it is very doable even if you start so late into expansion. It's just frustrating than you must schedule your free time around this stupid building mechanic.

EDIT: Assuming that Pre-patch will hit 3./4. July (6 weeks before expansion - just like Legion, although I hope they launch it 10./11. due to USA holiday) we have 4 MT left on EU (3 if we're unlucky).
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2018-05-10 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

EDIT: Assuming that Pre-patch will hit 3./4. July (6 weeks before expansion - just like Legion, although I hope they launch it 10./11. due to USA holiday) we have 4 MT left on EU (3 if we're unlucky).
    First off grats - thats a good haul.

Second off, this downtime/buildtime is bullshit and this is why. 4 Towers left until pre-patch? And weeks on weeks of no new content. It just makes zero sense at this point not to turn it to always on. In NA our tower has been building incredibly slow this cycle... and its because there hasn't been a Legionfall emissary. Kinda salty about this TBH.

EDIT: Tried to post to Official Forums... keep getting a Server Error:

So at current rates, there's ~4 Mage Tower cycles left before pre-patch.

Why? There's no new content coming, this has kept people engaged.... but at this point, having to-be-removed content available ~20% of the time seems totally absurd.

The challenge should NOT be waiting 8 days and hoping you have some playtime when it does come up.

Dunno how this notion could possible be controversial.
    Last edited by Zyrinx; 2018-05-10 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post

Second off, this downtime/buildtime is bullshit and this is why. 4 Towers left until pre-patch? And weeks on weeks of no new content. It just makes zero sense at this point not to turn it to always on. In NA our tower has been building incredibly slow this cycle... and its because there hasn't been a Legionfall emissary. Kinda salty about this TBH.
    Yup. Doesn't look like we're gonna have it up for the weekend, so there's another wasted week for me. Woohoo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    jesus christ, this guardian druid challenge is making me insane!. how am i supposed to do this? have tried every tactic possible, often gets kruul to arround 5%, but i just can't keep up with the adds. the fact that they are immune for the 3 seconds incapacitation roar disrupts them is insane...

and who came up with the idea of making the freaking infernal knockbacks invisible... can't see where the he they are when inside the black goo, and with so much going on, it's hard to tell which way the infernals are facing.

have spend all my 7k nether shards on my druid now... guess i wi have to go back farming...

shouldn't be this hard with ilvl 937, and an ivl 961 weapon...
    To be perfectly honest, I was in the same situation.. I spent the next 10 days (until the next mage tower) farming shards with all possible invasions, and joining as many normal and heroic Antorus pugs as they would let me. I ended up with 945+ gear and that worked much better in phase 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Im not looking to get all of them. Just the ones that I like. Even that enthusiasm is wearing down now.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're at mythic Antorus gear levels, then you can brute your way through them.
    I only play a druid, so not sure if I belong here. Boomy was easy at like 915 gear, took like 5 tries. Kitty was difficult only because I'd never touched balance affinity before then. Once I learned the extent of my new range it was easy. Bear took like 15 tries. Had trouble mostly in p1. Once I threw the strategy guide aside, popped my drums and CDs on the inquisitor Kruul died the first time I saw him. Bears have so many charges the knockback is a nonissue. Tried the healer one like three times before I gave up. Never healed before. I just threw stuff on my bars and walked in. I've done some healing since then so I'll find some time to try again. Owlstaff is cool.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

My only advice is watch timing on Incap Roar add packs. If you can hit them right as they finish casting/start to channel, they become harmless bystanders that die to Cleave and you can largely ignore them. If you're getting Kruul to 5% you're really close to a kill. Hang in there.
    finaly completet it this morning. Had attempted a lot of deffirent strats, from incarnation, which allowed me to burst down the inquisitor before the 2nd infernal spawn, but it was too fast apparently, resulting in almost no orbs available for kruul, and the cooldown not being back before kruul killed me.

so i switched back to the moonguardian talent that made moonfire proc and deal +300% dmg, and switched balance affinity to resto, aswell as switching out my legendary pants, that allowed thrash to stack to 5, out with kil'jaedens trinket. the swap lowered my health and dps a slight bit, but it allowed me to instant kill a pack of adds on both inquisitor and kruul, making them less of a pain in oh-shit moments.

because of the trinket, i didn't have to use as many orbs neither, which allowed me to save up more of them for kruul, which allowed me to stay alive for long enough to kill him, and the extra moonfire damage helped kite and kill him aswell.

Now i just need brewmaster, a spec i have never played before, aswell as the healing challenges. hopefully i will be able to complete those during the next mage tower.
    Last edited by Garkanh; 2018-05-11 at 09:20 AM.

Deleted
    I prioritised Druid, Paladin & Shaman since they are they only classes I earned the MoP challenge mode sets on. Just need Resto & Enhancement for Shaman, I've delayed Enhancement until now because I really hate that encounter.

As for the other specs I've done Destro & Affliction Warlock, Frost & Unholy DK, Disc & Shadow Priest. I think I'll finish up all the easy ones with the next tower, then focus on gearing up & artefact power farming for the more difficult challenges.

I've done all DK, all Warlock, Fire and Frost mage, Retribution paladin, Enhancement Shaman, Arms Warrior, Havoc DH and Feral Druid.

Initially I wanted to get all of them, then all but the healing, but now I've looked at the skins and whittled it down to just Guardian and Balance druid and I can be content, though Arcane Mage would also be nice.

One week I got 5 appearances in the space of one rotation, and ever since then not being able to win the tower challenge within an hour feels much worse :/

At least I've got most of my main specs, though, and most of the ones I don't have aren't as interesting as the other appearances. Still, sucks that I got the Demonology warlock one at artifact level 52 and can't seem to get the Arcane mage one at level 75 without a defensive legendary..

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    finaly completet it this morning. Had attempted a lot of deffirent strats, from incarnation, which allowed me to burst down the inquisitor before the 2nd infernal spawn, but it was too fast apparently, resulting in almost no orbs available for kruul, and the cooldown not being back before kruul killed me.

so i switched back to the moonguardian talent that made moonfire proc and deal +300% dmg, and switched balance affinity to resto, aswell as switching out my legendary pants, that allowed thrash to stack to 5, out with kil'jaedens trinket. the swap lowered my health and dps a slight bit, but it allowed me to instant kill a pack of adds on both inquisitor and kruul, making them less of a pain in oh-shit moments.

because of the trinket, i didn't have to use as many orbs neither, which allowed me to save up more of them for kruul, which allowed me to stay alive for long enough to kill him, and the extra moonfire damage helped kite and kill him aswell.

Now i just need brewmaster, a spec i have never played before, aswell as the healing challenges. hopefully i will be able to complete those during the next mage tower.
    Sweet. We had a good discussion on Brewmaster a few pages back. A good start is to use Invoke Nizuao on the pull - and DPS like hell to 8 or even 10 stacks initially (Mind Rends will be going into the Ox, not you).

Also the adds do not cast their spell, all they do is apply Psytalons (which is still potentially deadly if you eat a Mind Rend at high stacks). Remember to use Paralysis as your answer to Drain Life (available for every cast).

What sucks is knockback is pretty deadly with no Charge move. They say you can use Transcendence but I was never able to. Or gliders.

Sweet. We had a good discussion on Brewmaster a few pages back. A good start is to use Invoke Nizuao on the pull - and DPS like hell to 8 or even 10 stacks initially (Mind Rends will be going into the Ox, not you).

Also the adds do not cast their spell, all they do is apply Psytalons (which is still potentially deadly if you eat a Mind Rend at high stacks). Remember to use Paralysis as your answer to Drain Life (available for every cast).

What sucks is knockback is pretty deadly with no Charge move. They say you can use Transcendence but I was never able to. Or gliders.
    Like Soeroah, I've never played BM, but I did follow Darkmech's talents and had shoulders and bonus talent ring. Phase one went by so fast, that I didn't have Niuzao up for P2, so I saved it for Kruul instead. Maybe it depends on talent, gear and skill, but holding it for P2 made annihilate and stomps much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciacco75 View Post
    Like Soeroah, I've never played BM, but I did follow Darkmech's talents and had shoulders and bonus talent ring. Phase one went by so fast, that I didn't have Niuzao up for P2, so I saved it for Kruul instead. Maybe it depends on talent, gear and skill, but holding it for P2 made annihilate and stomps much easier.
    Yeah I didnt have him for P2 either but I eventually killed him anyways. BrM was the only Kruul where P2 was actually much harder (for me). I used the Talent ring and the Helm that turns Zen into a useful cooldown (used it for the 2nd or 3rd Annihilate).

Whew...got my first Kruul down on DK. Meaning I finally managed to not get punted off of the platform when I was watching for something else
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

EDIT: Tried to post to Official Forums... keep getting a Server Error:

So at current rates, there's ~4 Mage Tower cycles left before pre-patch.

Why? There's no new content coming, this has kept people engaged.... but at this point, having to-be-removed content available ~20% of the time seems totally absurd.

The challenge should NOT be waiting 8 days and hoping you have some playtime when it does come up.

Dunno how this notion could possible be controversial.
    You've had over a year to do them, and the buildings are up for 3 days when built. If you missed all 3 days every time, that's honestly your problem, not Blizzard's. They're not hard in current gear, so you should be able to knock out a bunch each time, I did my last 15 or so in 1 mage tower cycle.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I need to start chipping at the healer mage tower next time, except healers the only stuff left is sub rogue and 2 dps warrior specs, and those are my lowest geared alts, ugh. Agatha was already annoying as outlaw, now to think I have to do it on a warrior as well...

Was leaving healers for later due to sheer length of the scenario in comparison to others.

Last round of mage tower was my first chop at Xylem with Survival, Havoc and Frost done. Weirdly, Frost and Survival went smooth but Havoc was getting screwed by all possible stupid mistakes. Guess I suck at DH since many people say this specific scenario is easiest on DH. Being able to harpoon to Xylem or grip him was much quicker than trying to double jump fel rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Still, sucks that I got the Demonology warlock one at artifact level 52 and can't seem to get the Arcane mage one at level 75 without a defensive legendary..
    Well, it was the same for most of us really. Since only one mechanic is a one-shot with higher ilvls, and that mechanic is easy to avoid, self-healing is key in this fight and you're comparing the best self-heal class in the game with the worst...

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Guess I suck at DH since many people say this specific scenario is easiest on DH.
    That was at the start of the Mage Tower, not nowadays after the rebalance. He used to have 116M health and be easiest on DH, but nowadays he has 160M, which is the most of any class and his frost bolts hits like a truck. I'd rate it as one of the most difficult Xylems myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    I'd rate it as one of the most difficult Xylems myself.
    I heard sub rogue was the hardest that's why I left it for the last, especially since I never played sub as a spec, I levelled my rogue as assa in wod and switched to outlaw for legion, but still outlaw challenge was a struggle for me, while the same challenge on ele shaman and fire mage was much easier because I could stand at range and not be hassled by slowing pools under the boss. I imagine sub will be worse. Assa was really easy in comparison, I had less gear as assa rogue than as enhance or ret and it felt easier on rogue than any other class attempt. I did have valeera pants though still no prydaz on my rogue.

I can understand a class I play more or has more gear or is my main spec or has better legendaries will make stuff easier, but there are some anomalies where lesser geared / experienced spec had easier time. For example I had easier time on boomkin than on frost mage, or on prot warrior than on brewmaster (even though on prot warrior the "correct" legendaries probably helped more than the ilvl on the brewmaster).

Gear does help a lot, I remember watching a friend struggle at frost dk when it was freshly released, the casts of Xylem would 2 shot you while the ice spikes took quite some time to clear up, now with the current gear you can kill the spikes really quick and have endless free death strikes and also your hp pool is much bigger so you don't get instagibbed by anything, you can recover from most slip ups. I also saved the artifact sindragosa for adds in p2 and it chunked them really low so I could finish them quickly, and then boss was so low before he would spawn second adds I could just ignore it and burn him. Not sure how many waves of adds you were getting back then in "intended" gear but it was quite possible to run out of clean floor I think.

Last round of mage tower was my first chop at Xylem with Survival, Havoc and Frost done. Weirdly, Frost and Survival went smooth but Havoc was getting screwed by all possible stupid mistakes. Guess I suck at DH since many people say this specific scenario is easiest on DH. Being able to harpoon to Xylem or grip him was much quicker than trying to double jump fel rush.
    I found Havoc to be the most punishing in phase one and the easiest in phase two. And the opposite for Sub.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

I heard sub rogue was the hardest that's why I left it for the last
    That's what I heard too, and what I did too, and then I ended up one-shotting it while only going in to try out the mechanics. Most people that say it's difficult have problems with the adds, but I found that if you shadow dance and spam cheap shots and is quick with applying nightblade (70% slow) through artifact ability and marked for death, it was pretty easy even once the space starts to get limited. I was 940 with 961 weapon though.

As for the rest of your post, I've had very similar experiences. Assassin and Boomkin was two of my other one-shots, Unholy being the last, and Elemental and Fire were both within 5 tries for me. Meanwhile, Outlaw was the second hardest Agatha after Fury, I practically needed the Command Center procs for that one, and Frost was one of the most challenging Twins. Probably the most challenging actually, despite also being my most geared character by quite a bit. I found Brew a bit easier than Prot though, but they were both some of the trickier tank challenges imho.

And yeah, gear helps a lot. I definitely wouldn't have gotten many skins if it had all scaled to 900 ilvl or so.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I hope we will hit sweet spot again with Mage Tower on EU (I mean Thursday/Friday). MT is now 11%, Center - 40%, NT - Active. So after Center is build, there will be no choice but put resources on MT. Also we haven't got Legionfall emissary in looong time.

Deleted
    slightly OT, but how many of you are going for the +15 clears on all characters?