Thread: World First

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Isnt this the same as, World First Illidan! (in Timewalking). Noone will care, and shouldnt care.

Deleted
    No one will care because all raids will be cleanned a couple of days after the initial raid release

Maybe only the end tier of Naxx will be a "challenge", I guess (4HM, Saph, KT)

But Rag will be down in 2 weeks after Classic release,
    Nefa is goin down in the first days of the BWL release week
    And C'thun maybe a lil longer but won't last more than 2 weeks

There's never been any in game concept of a "world first" and I think "server firsts" only started in Wrath with the achievement system.

I don't know if the game had any reaction to the first time a raid tier was cleared before then. Did they do those server-wide messages or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by happy jumping car View Post
    No one will care because all raids will be cleanned a couple of days after the initial raid release
    Well that is very optimistic. It will be more like a month or two, possibly three at most.
    -K

But Rag will be down in 2 weeks after Classic release
    The world record for speed levelling ingame time was 4d 20h. That is 116h of play. As a hunter who can solo most group quests, on a low pop server.
    If you are as good at levelling as the best, and assuming you play 10h a day that is 11 days to get 60. On top of that you need to gear for raids + attune which is maybe 1-3 days more. Problem is gearing requires 4-9 other people to be caught up with you. On top of that you need 24-39 others to also be raid ready. And people levelling other classes wont be nearly as fast as you.

So I mean sure if theres a entire guild that is as good as joana at levelling, lucky with drops and really pushing it - they can enter MC at the start of week 3. But theyre not going to clear it.

I think first month is reasonable however
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Hey.. so how will world first work? Will be considered a world first still or just another kill?

First 60?

First to kill Rag? Nef?

Their wasn't achievements back then.. but people still logged races..
    Wouldn't be a thing, world first has already happened, you're doing reruns.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister K View Post
    Well that is very optimistic. It will be more like a month or two, possibly three at most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    The world record for speed levelling ingame time was 4d 20h. That is 116h of play. As a hunter who can solo most group quests, on a low pop server.
    If you are as good at levelling as the best, and assuming you play 10h a day that is 11 days to get 60. On top of that you need to gear for raids + attune which is maybe 1-3 days more. Problem is gearing requires 4-9 other people to be caught up with you. On top of that you need 24-39 others to also be raid ready. And people levelling other classes wont be nearly as fast as you.

So I mean sure if theres a entire guild that is as good as joana at levelling, lucky with drops and really pushing it - they can enter MC at the start of week 3. But theyre not going to clear it.

On Elysium Ragnaros was down in the week 2 or 3 after the server launch (100% blizz like)

For Nefarian, my guild took him down 12 days after Razorgore kill

So...

On Elysium Ragnaros was down in the week 2 or 3 after the server launch (100% blizz like)

For Nefarian, my guild took him down 12 days after Razorgore kill

So...
    Comparing Elysium to Vanilla.. Kappa
    Last edited by Rupenbritz; 2017-11-28 at 02:41 PM.
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Deleted
    These threads...

To OP:

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are all forgetting that this version will be totally different to vanilla. new talents, skills, abilities, graphics, addons. This isnt vanilla, its wow: classic.
    They way people are talking about it, they biggest change I see is graphics and maybe AoE looting. After release and communities form with a core group of players they will reevaluate how things are going.

There will probably be a "World First" race, but I don't think it will be as exciting as it was the first time. Most people know the fights and are just generally better at the game too

The world firsts have already been done and this is what "they" will tell you incase they lose the race from some other guild.

Classic First perhaps?

Deleted
    Comparing Elysium to Vanilla.. Kappa
    What the difference ? Except some pathing issues and minors other things, it was really vanilla-like

On Classic servers, you can sure expect bosses going down very quickly, especially when hardcore players like Kungen and all his clique of supa nerds will be present + the fanatics who actually play Vanilla on private servers for years now

Goin to be a no match for the poor 60 raid bosses

What the difference ? Except some pathing issues and minors other things, it was really vanilla-like
    I dunno about that. I've just watched a video of a Fury Warrior MT on Vaelastraz with no shield equipped and Deathwish up.

10+ Year Old Account
    World and realm first didnt happen then, and they probably wont happen in neo vanilla either, if its the programmers from the private serves that is.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

World first level 60 was Xenif. It’s done already.

On Classic servers, you can sure expect bosses going down very quickly, especially when hardcore players like Kungen and all his clique of supa nerds will be present + the fanatics who actually play Vanilla on private servers for years now

Goin to be a no match for the poor 60 raid bosses
    That pirate server started with 1.12.
    This is why resistances dont really matter there.
    It affected the overall tuning very poorly in the Vanilla environment.

And watch any kills of the really tightly tuned bosses (i.e Loatheb, Gothik, Thaddius, Raz, KT or 4H),
    for the reason why those look so much more similar to the retail lvl 80 versions.

"World First" simply just does not apply here in Classic although there will be nerds clamoring for the obscure "World First" Classic X boss downed. It will have no meaning in general to most of the community. A "World First" arises from killing a boss for the first time while having to learn the mechanics as you go along and developing and improving strategies as you endlessly wipe. There will be a group of people that want to feel good about themselves and push for "World Firsts" in the same way people on private servers push for "World Firsts" or "Server Firsts" but honestly they hold very little value.

However, things like first Onyxia kill, first Rag, first C'thun, etc.etc. from back in vanilla, now those even till this day hold high value even a decade later.

Deleted
    There might be yeah. Like world first classic server

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    World First new release vanilla server, season 1

You speak like there aren't already people planning their account-sharing schedule and testing it on private servers to reach level 60 as fast as possible. My guess would be a fully attuned and geared raid before the second week ends, with possibly a few bosses down.