LastLast
    People pay to stream shows online?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yarr harr fiddle dee dee
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Due to the *american* current internet problem, all companys will increase their prices and be even more anoying with the adds.
    What i predict is gona happen is a Streaming crash, since if every company starts to charge extra, a lot of more people will rather save money and pirate (cheaper and videos usualy come out faster). Since they would actuly have to pay MONEY to be even able to use those sites at max speed and those large internet companys will simply ignore illegall steaming sites. They may even enter some camping like OMG ILLEGALL STEAMING SITES STOP WATCHING or something and its gona backfire like usualy.

Does netfix deserve this money by holding down licencse in other countrys, when rest of the world already seen the new episodes? No and it should be illegall to do this in 1.st place, if you use your own propety.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    People pay to stream shows online?
    I don't get it either, but some people seem to love to hurl their money away.

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    What countries would that be? We had an increase in Sweden not long ago and it doesn't affect anyones economy.
    I don't use Netflix to know if it use a global currency.
    like wow in America you only pay 15 dollars, while in other countries its 56 riyal.

TBH they could double the price and I'd still probably not notice my sub. Its value for money is pretty indisputable.

Though I'd prefer a proper on demand service...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Yarr harr fiddle dee dee
    Welp, that's going to be in my head all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    Maybe you just need better tastes
    Depends where you are tbh.

Netflix in the states has great shows and lots of them. The UK one is pretty trash in comparison, I'm happy paying the current (and the increase) price for netflix because they have some cracking original shows or ones like the defenders. Those shows make up the value but when I'm done with those few I hardly every put it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    to you maybe, but other countries $2 means a lot.
    If $2 means a lot in those country's then they are likely not using netflix.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If $2 means a lot in those country's then they are likely not using netflix.
    The rich will use Netflix, the poor will pirate the movies, shows etc..
    Also we don't have cinemas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    I don't get it either, but some people seem to love to hurl their money away.
    Some people prefer to take the honest route.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    Netflix needs better shows before they do this
    They've lost or are about to lose a lot of their top shows because other companies are trying to start up their own private streaming services. I know that DC and Disney are among them (Marvel, Disney, Star Wars, and DC titles all included.) Heard rumors that BBC was also planning on it, but I can't confirm that one.

The future is not bright for Netflix unless they can get more of their own shit going out regularly.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I wish they would still offer the 8.99 or 9.99 deal and just add in commercials during, between or something. I really don't mind them and its often when I do chores around the house.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

idk why people use Netflix when you can just google watch-series or watch free movies online and watch anything you want, any time for free.

Plus, 90% of the movies on Netflix are NR (not rated) rubbish, barely any good movies on :/

Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    Netflix needs better shows before they do this
    Oh no, one full extra dollar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    idk why people use Netflix when you can just google watch-series or watch free movies online and watch anything you want, any time for free.

Plus, 90% of the movies on Netflix are NR (not rated) rubbish, barely any good movies on :/
    I heard horror stories of American ISPs sending cease and desists to people who torrented.

Jesus, I'd change my ISP instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    They've lost or are about to lose a lot of their top shows because other companies are trying to start up their own private streaming services. I know that DC and Disney are among them (Marvel, Disney, Star Wars, and DC titles all included.) Heard rumors that BBC was also planning on it, but I can't confirm that one.

The future is not bright for Netflix unless they can get more of their own shit going out regularly.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see, the current buzz is that Disney is moving the Marvel films out of Netflix but not the TV shows, which are co-productions.

Fucking sucks though, the last thing the MCU needs is more corporate bullshit potentially fragmenting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Oh no, one full extra dollar.

- - - Updated - - -

I heard horror stories of American ISPs sending cease and desists to people who torrented.

Jesus, I'd change my ISP instantly.
    These aren't torrents. It's literally a website that you go to, search a movie or tv show you want to watch - and begin watching. Best to use an adblock on those websites though, and they aren't for non-tech savvy people - lots of phishing attempts.

These aren't torrents. It's literally a website that you go to, search a movie or tv show you want to watch - and begin watching. Best to use an adblock on those websites though, and they aren't for non-tech savvy people - lots of phishing attempts.
    They're still illegal. What stops the ISP from telling you to stop using them?

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    They're still illegal. What stops the ISP from telling you to stop using them?
    I've been using/watching them now for about 4 years on the same ISP and not had a single problem.

Probably because unless your in high school or college, a Netflix subscription is nominal entertainment fee for most adults.

I use watch series sometimes, but the inconsistency in links is annoying

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've been using/watching them now for about 4 years on the same ISP and not had a single problem.
    Well, with Netflix you can just connect and watch a show in 1080p/4k instead of searching for 5 minutes between mirrors to find a decent 720p, so you are paying to save time and get better quality.
    You could setup Sonarr + torrent client and get all the shows in HD as soon as they go online at no economic cost, but it's still piracy. Of course if your bandwidth is crappy or the connection might or might not be up because your ISP still didn't fix a line problem from 3 years ago, making it impossible to reliably use any streaming service, you can resort to this method while still maintaining the moral high ground