Poll: How often do you go the gym?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    How often do you go to the gym? What kind of exercises do you do? How has it turned out for you and your goals in regards to your body?
    I try to go 5 times a week but more often than not i only get time to go to the gym 4 times. I mostly focus on strength training. I am not big on cardio though.

Used to lift weight, but after my work schedule update, I can only do 30-40 min cardio now, I think 3-4 times a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    3-4 days a week which I do my best to stick to, some weeks I do about three. My gym membership is really pricey so I tend to make every penny count as much as possible. Most of the time I just work on cardio
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I train 4-5 days per week, and I do a lot of heavy compound barbell exercises.

Example: Yesterday I did ATG Squats. 10 sets of 3 reps each, using 240 pounds. Then, once I was already tired/fatigued, I did a heavy single with 275 pounds. (Note: I weigh 175 pounds, at 5'6".)

10+ Year Old Account
    About 3-4 times a week. Been lifting for about 4 years now and hoping to do a show in the near future. Still work to be done.

Did a lot of Powerlifting in high school so that helped.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted never because I don't like to exercise in a room or hall, I like to be outside, so much better. I'm just biking every day, must be minimum 15 kilometers!

Literally just got home from it. Having some food and awaiting the always amazing after-gym-and-food-euphoria.

I'm only a casual gym goer though, so it's around 2-3 times a week and it's a lot of cardio, since it's mostly for health and stamina rather than gaining muscles.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    2-3 times per week. It's turning out well, want to get more muscles and I'm on the way to do so.

What people don't realize is 90% of that body was built by nutrition

What's your diet like?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Go 3/4 times per week, depending on if I have rugby (unfortunately that really knocks out about 4 days, with day before game, game day and 2 days after too sore to train).

Mostly do heavy weights, I also throw in some cardio 2/3 times a week in the AM, but my main focus is the lifting, I also compete in amateur strongman events, absolutely love it, think more people should do weights as it teaches you a lot about yourself and how you react to being pushed outside of your comfort zone .

Weigh in at ~100kg now at 30 y/o, was *very* fat when I was 21/22 and it's taken a long time to lose it (mostly because I have a pretty stressful job with variable hours, and I also like beer)

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I have some kettlebells, a bench, some weights at home cause I can't be arsed to sign a contract that binds me to a gym for a full year. The only gym that doesn't operate that way is 8 miles away.

So I bring the gym home and I run, do pushups, situps, pullups etc. and run 3-5 times a week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Growel View Post
    I train 4-5 days per week, and I do a lot of heavy compound barbell exercises.

Example: Yesterday I did ATG Squats. 10 sets of 3 reps each, using 240 pounds. Then, once I was already tired/fatigued, I did a heavy single with 275 pounds. (Note: I weigh 175 pounds, at 5'6".)
    At least one guy here who knows how to do it properly. None of that waste of time doing pushups at home or walking to work thinking that will make a difference like most people here.

i meet all of my self-imposed goals by swimming, going to the gym is too boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    2-3 times a week, supposed to be 3 but sometimes work and stuff gets in the way. The remaining days I try to go on the treadmill I have at home to keep fitter and reduce body fat, which is 2-4 times a week.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    At least one guy here who knows how to do it properly. None of that waste of time doing pushups at home or walking to work thinking that will make a difference like most people here.
    Better than nothing. Don't fault them for trying when they're being considerate of their own body and acting on their thoughts too. When you can compare with the alternative of thinking it'll magically happen by itself it's a start and depending on their goal it might do just enough to help.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    I often go to the gym during the winter, but lately I started doing solo exercises at home. I took stud bar pull up bar and I'm really happy with it. During the summer, I usually practice street workout, and I must recommend this type of workout... there is no better exercise than push-ups, and chin-ups. Currently I'm thinking to expand my equipment.. maybe some bench, or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    isn't 2-3 and 3-4 the same?

Anyway i go 3 days a week every week for the past 8months.

Grunt
    5+ Year Old Account
    I workout from home 4 days a week. Lots of pushups and dips.

I don't go to the gym, though I do work out at home. I also do a lot of running, walking and hiking. I'm not opposed to hitting the gym, but I'd want to do it with someone...and nobody I know is motivated to go with me regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    I lost 140lbs changing my eating habits and walking so maybe hop off that high horse of yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't bother with gyms anymore since I own a couple of high-end machines that I use at home regularly to stay in shape.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.