Poll: How often do you go the gym?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I used to. But lately (last 4 months) I've been slacking because I don't like feeling exhausted afterwards and I'm too busy with other things to deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    Yeah, that's my experience as well. Got a lot of help by the regulars when I started out, nobody made fun of anyone.
    I think it’s more in their head. You see all these built people and then there’s you... i used to think the same way but then I thought “fuck it, i’m here trying to improve. Who cares”

I jog and do push-ups, squats, chin-ups, calisthenics, etc. in my backyard.

Gyms are a waste of money according to based Scooby1961.

I get my exercise in other ways; I do a lot of walking/hiking and play soccer and basketball in rec leagues.

Deleted
    3 times per week to do a full workout, usually 2 times extra to do some cardio. I'm only a beginner so it's generally not very long, but already seeing progress. ^^

15+ Year Old Account
    i started at the end of november, lost about 30 lbs so far. i try to go every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    I lost 140lbs changing my eating habits and walking so maybe hop off that high horse of yours.
    Been losing about 3-5 pounds a week myself just from changing my eating (mostly toning down amounts) and walking about an hour and a half a day.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Been losing about 3-5 pounds a week myself just from changing my eating (mostly toning down amounts) and walking about an hour and a half a day.
    That's awesome Keep it up!

Does fapping count?
    I do aquajogging and aquapower twice a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Does fapping count?
    You do it at the gym?

Bruh
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

15+ Year Old Account
    I started with some running 3x 1 hour every week till i decided to go to the gym 2-3 times a week and occasionally do some running as i dont like to run on a threadmill, and i started changing my food intake and what i eat while using intermittent fasting and i went from 104,5 to 97kg in 4 weeks and i plan to go to 85.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2018-04-21 at 03:00 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    high frequency ftw, 6 times a week or bust ! Just needs some smart planning and periodization.

For the interested lifter, there is a really good free resource for setting up a sound training plan, routine and regiment to get the most out of high frequency training without actually ending up doing too much. Dr. Mike Isreatel from Renaissance Periodization is the leading expert on "how much should I train" - he spent most of his academic (and lifting) career on just that topic, and nutrition.

First important Post is this: Training Volume Landmarks for Muscle Growth

Then, for actually setting up your plan and routine, read The Hypertrophy Training Guide Central Hub to know which excersises at which volume and frequency/intensity should be considered for your microcycle, breaking it down to the major muscle groups.

There are also some good books and templates available from RP, they are worth the money and effort.

Eric Helms from 3DJ also has two excellent books on the topic, Eric is a tad more conservative in his approach. https://muscleandstrengthpyramids.com/ 60 Bucks well spent imho.

If you are curious, check out the many Podcasts Mike and Eric have on Youtube, where they do talk in excess about their approach. Very informative, backed with science and experience.

Edit: Here is an example of my last Meso-Cycle, 12 Micros creeping slowly from my Minimal effective Volume towards my Maximum Recoverable Volume (MRV) resulting in over-reaching. Followed by a light deload with lighter loads, slightly reduced volume. Note: Day 7 only every third micro-cycle, on the other ones it is an off day.

Last edited by mmoca245ed498d; 2018-04-30 at 05:01 PM.

I'm surprised to see that majority of the people voted never

Deleted
    since march i go 6-7 times a week and i feel much better

I don't lik working out in gyms, excpet when I take some fun classes. Otherwise I would run/walk outside.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraldHerald View Post
    high frequency ftw, 6 times a week or bust ! Just needs some smart planning and periodization.

For the interested lifter, there is a really good free resource for setting up a sound training plan, routine and regiment to get the most out of high frequency training without actually ending up doing too much. Dr. Mike Isreatel from Renaissance Periodization is the leading expert on "how much should I train" - he spent most of his academic (and lifting) career on just that topic, and nutrition.

First important Post is this: Training Volume Landmarks for Muscle Growth

Then, for actually setting up your plan and routine, read The Hypertrophy Training Guide Central Hub to know which excersises at which volume and frequency/intensity should be considered for your microcycle, breaking it down to the major muscle groups.

There are also some good books and templates available from RP, they are worth the money and effort.

Eric Helms from 3DJ also has two excellent books on the topic, Eric is a tad more conservative in his approach. https://muscleandstrengthpyramids.com/ 60 Bucks well spent imho.

If you are curious, check out the many Podcasts Mike and Eric have on Youtube, where they do talk in excess about their approach. Very informative, backed with science and experience.

Edit: Here is an example of my last Meso-Cycle, 12 Micros creeping slowly from my Minimal effective Volume towards my Maximum Recoverable Volume (MRV) resulting in over-reaching. Followed by a light deload with lighter loads, slightly reduced volume. Note: Day 7 only every third micro-cycle, on the other ones it is an off day.

This cycle is bad imo. How 1 calf versus 3 machine chests on day 1 and 2 and stopped reading. Dont want to be a hater, but is just no good.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    2-3 times per week. It's turning out well, want to get more muscles and I'm on the way to do so.

not bad, not bad at all...what're you doing to get those muscles that you want?
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

Currently and always at least 4 times a week plus 2 days of baseball for the winter season. Probably move to 5 times when baseball is done in August. I love Jim Wendler's stuff and recently purchased his newest book so I'm going to be going through a few different programs.

I run lift splits where each day has a focus on a "main lift" like squat or deadlift followed by (currently) higher volume supplemental work (more back squats at a lighter weight or, in my preference, front squats on squat day) then assistance work. Going to run these programs as they fit with my life and the goings-on.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to, until I fucked my arm playing sports and basically ruined my ability to lift anything for years. Now I'm just too lazy to get back into the routine.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    No need Push Ups, Sit Ups, Pull Ups and running 4 to 5 times a week. Takes 1hr and 30 Mins

Sit ups as man as I can as quickly as I can 4 sets 2 mins, Push ups same thing, Pull ups and Chin ups same thing. Then Run the treadmill for 15 mins warm up go high intensity for 30 min, ramp down for 10.

Meditate stretching, because I am old and it helps to focus and shut everything out. So no need for a Gym other than swimming. I don't have an indoor pool, but I am not paying 60$ a month for that shit.
    This! I've gained quite a lot of muscle in about 2 years just by doing pull ups, push ups and situps. All kinds of different reps. I do have some dumbells aswell.