Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I lik to start my own raids as a challenge to myself, to see how far i can push randoms and just having fun trying techniques to motivate people.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Listen up, people like me require 930 even for a NH normal because we want to get it done in less than 25 minutes. You have no one to blame but Blizzard, that put this horrible legendary system that forces you to farm every old raid in normal/hc every week to raise your chances to drop one. I fucking hate having to do this shit every time (i have 3 mains/alts all over 944) but its the only way, so OF COURSE i try to make it less painful (and faster) as possible by requiring 930.

That said, you can find a lot of NH normal pugs that will invite you even at 880. Obviously, they might even wipe, and will take a long time. But as casual if you're below <900 now you cant really expect random strangers to carry you.
    Blame Blizzard for what exactly?

Ilevel requirements have always been high, players like to take the easy road. That is a player made issue and always will be.

Forces you to farm everything? If you hit 110 today and don't have concordance within, I'll be generous, 3 hours you are just plain lazy. The global AK level is so high even the low level 100 AP item give around 35 million AP and I think it goes up after reset. If you are doing it everytime that is a personal issue, if you want several raiding toons then you have to be willing to put in the effort just like in every other expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigmatar View Post
    What part of, "bring me this fucking crystal shits and I'll give you free 910 gear" do they not understand?
    Or how about go and afk auto attack this giant boss and get free 930s every week.
    The quest chain in nargus literally holds your hand regarding information about this two methods of gearing up.

Are you trying to describe casual people or stupid people?
    If you are new or were not playing for a while you do not necessarily know how impactful the m+ chest is, you may also not know to get that argus rare addon that gets you into groups on a click or just knowing your way around, that the argus chests are grouped per chest id, taking the lightforged-warframe so you can solo a rare every 10 minutes - stuff like that. If you know how to do stuff it is faster and you know what is important and what you can leave out. You will know how to get results in a short amount of time. An experienced player knows he can get like 3+ 910+ items every day via relinquished if you do every little thing. You know what increases BLP and what doesn't or just very little. You know how to look stuff up on wowhead, discord or here - some of that is less accessible if English isn't your strong suit. It has nothing to do with stupid or not. There is a lot of stuff in the game that can distract you, that takes time and that is inefficient and does little to further you gearing up.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2017-11-28 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaxys View Post
    I'm a vanilla player
    And how exactly people dealt with this ordeal in vanilla? That's right. They joined bottom of the foodchain guild and ground their way up. Only difference is it was waaay slower to get a piece of loot in vanilla. In vanilla / TBC even pugging a dungeon was an expedition without a guarantee of a success. In the past you had to get other people to help you gear up. Now you don't have to, but you still can. Why do people expect raid pugs to be "the place" to catch up, I have no idea. Blizzard put tons of solo catch up gear as years passed to help people, both returning ones to get to some form of gear "floor" and their friends / guilds to not have to gear up a newcomer / returning player from complete rags but at least from some closer starting point.

Anyway, I don't pug raids unless I really have to, and even when pressed I hate it because they're such a timewaste, you spend more time seeing people come and leave than actually killing bosses. I pug m+ on alts, meaning I pug people into my key. You can do the same. Keys don't deplete anymore so have endless farming potential. And as a leader of a group you can't be denied entry, now you're the deciding factor who gets in and who gets declined. In 1 week from now on m+ gear gets increased in max ilvl, so get ready to farm the crap out of it if you wish to gear up any toons. Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    If you are new or were not playing for a while you do not necessarily know how impactful the m+ chest is, you may also not know to get that argus rare addon that gets you into groups on a click or just knowing your way around, that the argus chests are grouped per chest id, taking the lightforged-warframe so you can solo a rare every 10 minutes - stuff like that. If you know how to do stuff it is faster and you know what is important and what you can leave out. You will know how to get results in a short amount of time. An experienced player knows he can get like 3+ 910+ items every day via relinquished if you do every little thing. You know what increases BLP and what doesn't or just very little. You know how to look stuff up on wowhead, discord or here - some of that is less accessible if English isn't your strong suit.
    If you're a player who just returned after long long break you might not know how stuff is organized in the current expansion / patch, but if you don't want to wander aimlessly, you do your due diligence. There are several youtube guides about things like how to get gear / AP / legendaries the most efficient way, pointing confused players towards right track. WOWhead has a whole section of guides aimed at new / returning players and I believe so does the official WOW forum. If 1 hour of reading / watching guides can save you days and weeks of wasted effort and telling yourself "fuck, if only I knew this beforehand", then it's obvious skipping it is doing yourself a disfavour. Back in the early days of WOW knowledge was sparse and there wasn't easy access to guides, videos, such variety of addons and so forth. Now we have them so why not use them. The coverage of classes, specs, patch specific kinks, professions, new content, basically everything is astounding. For example Antorus as a raid didn't even open yet, and there's already plethora of guides. It's amazing and astonishing.

Deleted
    When i diden't have curve it was awful

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azaxys View Post
    -Snip-
    If it makes you feel better, im a 946 sub rogue, 78 traits, and a 2400 M+ score and i got declined for a normal ToS and various M+ 10s last week lol, its just how it is my dude. Guild took a week off before Antorus, I wanted the AP, but pugs had something to say about that lmao, even with a CE achievement (i assume they wanted to gear their rogue buddy????) who knows

I am allergic to pugs. I've had too many experiences where raid leaders kick everyone just before the final boss and invite buddies (even when you are top DPS and handling mechanics flawlessly), or deal with morons trolling everyone, and frankly I don't want to lead raids myself since that's super stressful -- I don't want to be the guy that kicks the super friendly and enthusiastic player that is complete garbage at the game (and really needs the gear) and replace them with an entitled asshat that performs at a top tier level solely because they overgear the content.

I only do statics or LFR, and these days I've been busy enough that statics are not working for me, either. Guess I either need to get over my distaste for pickup groups (or leading them), or continue doing what I am doing, which is playing infrequently. Or, you know, run mythic+.

LFR, to me, is boring enough now and has no reason to play it other than weekly quests/etc, that I don't really even do LFR anymore. I just log in, do a couple world quests, and log out. I want to like this game, but I wish Blizzard gave me more to work towards. I kind of miss WoD and Pandaland's legendary quests.

But hey, that's just me.

I have curve but still struggle with alts to pug normal TOS. This is mostly due to the fact that my ilvl is only 918. When you have a queue of people to pick from that are 10-15 ilvls higher than me I guess I don't blame people for picking them even when I link them AOTC. Just means I have to grind argus more for the veiled argunite to get warforged/titanforged rolls as well as weekly mythic chests to try and get 920+ gear.

On my main I have zero issues. 934 Lock with AOTC--I get into almost every group I want.

It's so easy to be 930+, why would he choose less than that?

As you said, just create the group. Problem solved without drama queening on MMO-C.

For the many now casual old hardcore or semi raiders on EU servers. Here I propose to make a one night raiding guild. Fuck ilvl and curve lets get people who know their class and can learn mechanics and fast. Our main goal must be to get 20 people same night every week once a week. I'm pretty sure we can do much better than your average casual heroic progression guilds and save ourselves a lot of time. The only issue must be one night a week strict attendance.

I proposed from guild and official forums but few people actually bothered to apply. If we can get a core team of 3 tanks and 4-5 healers dps is usually much easier to find. As I said the most important things must be
    A - prove you are a competent raider albeit short on time. Even when you are in a pug you can understand a good player from bad. You don't need to look up curve shit.
    B - be there every week once a week on time , with consumables ready and instant pull

If you have any interest PM me and lets talk in -game afterwards. Surely we can find a way to character transfer etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silkworm View Post
    For the many now casual old hardcore or semi raiders on EU servers. Here I propose to make a one night raiding guild. Fuck ilvl and curve lets get people who know their class and can learn mechanics and fast. Our main goal must be to get 20 people same night every week once a week. I'm pretty sure we can do much better than your average casual heroic progression guilds and save ourselves a lot of time. The only issue must be one night a week strict attendance.

I proposed from guild and official forums but few people actually bothered to apply. If we can get a core team of 3 tanks and 4-5 healers dps is usually much easier to find. As I said the most important things must be
    A - prove you are a competent raider albeit short on time. Even when you are in a pug you can understand a good player from bad. You don't need to look up curve shit.
    B - be there every week once a week on time , with consumables ready and instant pull

If you have any interest PM me and lets talk in -game afterwards. Surely we can find a way to character transfer etc.
    Hi, i currently use openraid, it's a site hosting the type of events you are talking about. There is also a feedback system so the chance of rude/ragequitting/big-e-peeny people is low.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its starting already

Antorus has been out for just over 24 hours - the very first reset - and there's already "No Argus AotC no invite" PuGs
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    Listen up, people like me require 930 even for a NH normal because we want to get it done in less than 25 minutes. You have no one to blame but Blizzard, that put this horrible legendary system that forces you to farm every old raid in normal/hc every week to raise your chances to drop one. I fucking hate having to do this shit every time (i have 3 mains/alts all over 944) but its the only way, so OF COURSE i try to make it less painful (and faster) as possible by requiring 930.

That said, you can find a lot of NH normal pugs that will invite you even at 880. Obviously, they might even wipe, and will take a long time. But as casual if you're below <900 now you cant really expect random strangers to carry you.
    Don't be a leech and don't be carried then
    Get into progression groups when you don't have curve
    Earn your curve
    Get access to curve groups

The only issue here is that you want the rewards without working towards them

WoW has huge issues with pugs and retarded requirements,but apparently it's not the main reason why you're not finding a group

Just struggling to find a group that is decent or doesn't have an 890 player in who wants carrying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Join some mediocre guild that clears HC each week over 2days and that dosnt do mythic.

Problem solved, no more struggling with trying to pug.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Join some mediocre guild that clears HC each week over 2days and that dosnt do mythic.

Problem solved, no more struggling with trying to pug.
    Or just wait till people start selling boosts for gold ingame since it'll happen....

Betting it'll be something insane like 1 mil for normal and 3-4 for hc or something.